The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivsupra.net snowboard & ski trip 2008/9

Ian W

Which of these three dates are we going away?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these three dates are we going away?

• Sat 10th - Sat 17th January 2009
    • Sat 17th - Sat 24th January 2009
    • Sat 24th - Sat 31st January 2009

On a brighter note, Shane (WhyT) has provisionally put his name down as well as his mates to fill the two places.

Still to be confirmed in the next couple of weeks, please bare in mind that there is still a chance Shane might not make it so keep in mind others who may be interested.

A mate at work found out I'm off to VT and that there's a couple of spare spaces and mentioned he could well be up for it. Especially when I told him how cheap things appeared to be working out at :)

Soon as we hear from Shane I can let him know either way. No definites from my mate as I haven't told him all the details of the trip yet.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A mate at work found out I'm off to VT and that there's a couple of spare spaces and mentioned he could well be up for it. Especially when I told him how cheap things appeared to be working out at :)

Soon as we hear from Shane I can let him know either way. No definites from my mate as I haven't told him all the details of the trip yet.

Cool. Fingers crossed Shane will be able to confirm but if not then it's always good to have a back up :D

Me and Ian were looking at cars and the eurotunnel last night, will update you once you get your ass on msn ;)

Cool. Fingers crossed Shane will be able to confirm but if not then it's always good to have a back up :D

Me and Ian were looking at cars and the eurotunnel last night, will update you once you get your ass on msn ;)

Cool.

I probably won't be on MSN for a while now, but try and catch me if you see me online.

• 3 weeks later...
Any news Chan?

I had someone interested but he'll be back at work by then :(

The lad in question is from my work and he's working up north somewhere this week (well, Bristol I think) and he isn't replying to texts/phone calls. He did say he was interested though, price dependent.

Do we have an overall cost of the hol, including everything (exc apres ski funds)? I've searched the thread but can't find a definitive answer based on us driving.

I'll chase him today though :)

Same lad has just declined :( Bit of a bugger really - he was really up for it about 2 weeks ago!

I'm out of mates who snowboard; They're all involved in at least one trip this season coming and can't afford another one :(

FFS :(

Does no-one else of our hundreds of members fancy this trip?

I've also placed a post on itr-dc2.com and type-r-scotland.co.uk :search:

FFS :(

Does no-one else of our hundreds of members fancy this trip?

I've also placed a post on itr-dc2.com and type-r-scotland.co.uk :search:

I'll keep asking around my mates, but I'm fairly sure I won't get anything positive unfortunately.

There must be a couple more mkiv.net members who snowboard who fancy some alcohol, laughs and maybe a spot of sliding down a mountain? :)

There must be a couple more mkiv.net members who snowboard who fancy some alcohol, laughs and maybe a spot of sliding down a mountain? :)

They don't even need to be boarders / skiers...just willing to try it! imo the best way to learn is to just go do it and a weeks intense 'training' and you'll be well on your way :)

They don't even need to be boarders / skiers...just willing to try it! imo the best way to learn is to just go do it and a weeks intense 'training' and you'll be well on your way :)

Well put. I had never done either when I first learnt to ski. I just went with some mates, booked some lessons and by the end of the week I was hooked on snow sports :D

Right guys, in the light of it only just being us four that goes I'll have to revise the costs:

Accommodation: £52 deposit, £244 balance and £15 non-refundable tax (Total: £311 each)

6 day lift pass for VT: £127 each

Eurotunnel: £110 return per car (£27.50 each)

Fuel: (based on one car doing 30mpg and doing 900miles each): £37.50 each (overestimated)

Total Cost: £503

Say £510 (based on 4 people)

This doesn't include any extras for the car! If we need to buy chains and tyres the price would go up by approx. £100 each making it £610 all in.

Edited by Ian W (see edit history)

If we fly:

Accommodation: £52 deposit, £228 balance and £15 non-refundable tax (Total: £295 each)

6 day lift pass for VT: £127 each

Flights from:

• Glasgow (dep 11:35, arr 13:45. dep 14:20, arr 15:40) - £184 (including 1x bag and 1x 'skis')
  • Birmingham (dep 10:55, arr 13:40. dep 17:35, arr 18:25) - £155 (including 1x bag and 1x 'skis')
  • London (dep 9:55, arr 12:30. dep 16:55, arr 17:30) - £148 (including 1x bag and 1x 'skis')

Transfers: £90 each

Total Cost:

Departing Glasgow: £696

Departing Birmingham: £667

Departing Gatwick: £660

Bit pricier than driving then.

Edited by Ian W (see edit history)

Guys - I might well be looking to go for a week - but could I recommend these guys as an option

http://www.skiolympic.com/courchevel-lesavals.php

Coach from Folkestone overnight on the Friday - straight to chalet door - no extras for ski / equipment - 8 days skiing and back on Sunday night - fully inclusive B'fast / Afternnon tea / Dinner and Wine

Just a thought...as used them twice

Prob about £495 + lift passes (£145 approx)

Edited by Dragonball (see edit history)

Guys - I might well be looking to go for a week - but could I recommend these guys as an option

Prob about £495 + lift passes (£120 approx)

Think we'll likely stick with the driving option by the looks of our prices.

Think it'll work out at about £500 all in including lift passes.

Only query would be those alpine roads in January and whether we'll be needing snow tyres / chains?

Only query would be those alpine roads in January and whether we'll be needing snow tyres / chains?

Prices are getting a bit on the edge of what I can/am willing to afford!

I've not seen a car in a ski resort having to use snow tyres and chains. The roads are usually kept clear of snow and ice due to the volume of traffic that is wanting to use them. If we can get away without I'd definitely prefer that based on cost.

Driving is cool with me. If there's 4 of us taking it in turns it shouldn't take too long. I just hope you all like listening to Celine while you drive....:innocent::sly:;) Are we still planning on taking Jeffs 4x4? If so, do you want some details from us to add us to the car insurance?

:)

Are we still planning on taking Jeffs 4x4? If so, do you want some details from us to add us to the car insurance?

Unfortunately Rich that option has gone away :(

We thought the car had to go back to Honda end of Jan, but it's end of December :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Just emailed the chalet for a total cost payable to cover the balance including 4x lift passes in Val Thorens only for 6 days.

Will let you know the amount if you can transfer to my account in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks

Ian

Right guys

I've put a post on here a while ago and received virtually no replies whatsoever. Also asked about up here and again had no leads at all.

I think we're going to NEED a roof box for all our stuff if we're taking the Mondeo for all four of us. Can you have a very good think about where we could borrow bars and a roof box from as I've really run out of ideas.