The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivsupra.net snowboard & ski trip 2008/9

Ian W

Which of these three dates are we going away?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these three dates are we going away?

• Sat 10th - Sat 17th January 2009
    • Sat 17th - Sat 24th January 2009
    • Sat 24th - Sat 31st January 2009

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone got a satnav with European maps? If not I can get one sorted for us for the week.

Have myself an iphone as does Ian R, not so sure if I can use it abroad mind you or whether the googlemaps is any good for satnav.

A proper unit would be better.

Cheers for the PMs guys. We'll see how I get on with prices for a week for you both and I'll get back to you in the week.

Obviously go with whoever's the cheapest mate :)

Can I suggest that we compile a checklist of stuff to take just so none of us are caught short in any department?

:)

Have myself an iphone as does Ian R, not so sure if I can use it abroad mind you or whether the googlemaps is any good for satnav.

A proper unit would be better.

I'll arrange to borrow one from a mate :)

Boarding Stuff

1. Snowboard / Skis
  2. Bindings
  3. Boots
  4. Socks
  5. Trousers (I'm taking two pair)
  6. Base layers (I have three wicking / dry tshirts or tops)
  7. Crash pants (optional)
  8. Mid-layer (fleece or similar)
  9. Jacket
  10. Gloves
  11. Hat
  12. Scarf
  13. Wrist Guards (optional)
  14. Goggles / Sunglasses (or both)
  15. Binding Tool

Other Stuff

1. Undercrackers! (important and often forgotten)
  2. Night wear (no...not pj's but jeans, tshirts and hoodies etc)
  3. Euros (remember the dosh people! not sure how much i'm taking yet)
  4. Passport
  5. Travel insurance
  6. Toiletries
  7. Suncream / sunblock
  8. Driving Licence (for those of us who end up driving)
  9. Medication (paracetamol, ibuprofen etc...not sure about this through the border though)
  10. music? Not sure what Chan's car is equipped with but we'll no doubt have a selection of mp3 players on board!
  11. Phone and other chargers
  12. European plug adaptor/s
  13. Towels? (though two are supplied per person)
  14. Swimwear

Anything else...just let me know and I'll add :)

Edited by Ian W
Addition to list* (see edit history)

Scarf/other neck warming implement.

Cheers for the reminder on travel insurance - still not sorted mine!

Definitely stock up on ibuprofen - I gave myself whiplash last year and I wouldn't have been able to board the rest of the hol without it!

Car's got a CD headunit but no Ipod connectivity without one of those radio transmitter holders - Max was deeply miffed she couldn't abuse my ears with her music when she first got in it :D

Just realised I can't find my counterpart license. Bugger. Another thing to add to the "panic before next weekend" list :)

Not sure on towels, might be best to take one/two just in case.

What do you guys reckon is easier re accomodation on the Friday night? The journey to the tunnel will be easier from Max's I think. Jeff - are the coastal roads all dual carriageway from Worthing to Folkestone?

Car's got a CD headunit but no Ipod connectivity without one of those radio transmitter holders - Max was deeply miffed she couldn't abuse my ears with her music when she first got in it :D

Can see about getting an ipod transmitter or bring plenty CD's then :)

Does it play mp3 CD's?

What do you guys reckon is easier re accomodation on the Friday night? The journey to the tunnel will be easier from Max's I think. Jeff - are the coastal roads all dual carriageway from Worthing to Folkestone?

Have had a wee text with Jeff and provided you don't mind Rich I was thinking I could pick up Ian R and then travel on down to Jeff's folks where I'd leave my car.

Then you can pick us three up on the way to Max's where we can stay until we leave (bearing in mind the tunnel leaves at 5:55 we'll need to leave fairly sharpish!)?

Have also added suncream / sunblock to the list!

Edited by Ian W (see edit history)

Can see about getting an ipod transmitter or bring plenty CD's then :)

Does it play mp3 CD's?

Have had a wee text with Jeff and provided you don't mind Rich I was thinking I could pick up Ian R and then travel on down to Jeff's folks where I'd leave my car.

Then you can pick us three up on the way to Max's where we can stay until we leave (bearing in mind the tunnel leaves at 5:55 we'll need to leave fairly sharpish!)?

Have also added suncream / sunblock to the list!

Does indeed play MP3 CDs. Wouldn't be able to enjoy the new Kings of Leon album otherwise :innocent:

Picking you guys up is no problem for me. What time are you planning on reaching Jeffs? Max has offered to drive the early stint to the tunnel, so if its late-ish she'll probably have hit the hay by the time we reach her parents place.

Not sure on time we'll need to leave in the morning, but I'd imagine it's a good hour and a half?? Getting up about 4 sounds about right - enough time for a splash n dash shower then straight on the road.

Planning on reaching Jeff's as soon as possible but its going to depend on whether Ian is working that day or not (currently he is down to work that day).

No problem with Max doing the driving, probably best idea given the rest of us will have already done a bit of travelling the previous few hours / day.

:)

Out of curiosity, what time are you leaving bonny Scootland?

Will be leaving Glasgow thurs night after work and stopping off at my folks before leaving there on Friday morning to pick up Ian R en route.

My folks live about 25 mins from Carlisle / the M6. :)

Basically it'll depend on whether Ian's working or not so will need to confirm our time of arrival with Jeff once Ian's found out / confirmed his shifts.

Pretty comprehensive list Ian, can't think of anything else mate.

Rich - you can get out of Worthing either on the A24 or A27 so at that time of the evening we won't hit any traffic before hitting the main roads. I'm about 15-20 mins from either of those main roads.

Pretty comprehensive list Ian, can't think of anything else mate.

Cheers mate.

Still waiting on Ian R to let me know what time he's working till that day (if he is) but will let you know what time to expect us as soon as I find out.

:) (only a week to go!!)

FFS. I'm having to pack for our boarding trip tonight!

Visiting Max all weekend and I'm working away from home Mon-Thurs next week. Not impressed at work leaving it til the last minute to tell me about next week.

It's also Max's birthday while we're away, so I've no idea when I'm going to go shopping for anything for her!

Just remembered travel insurance too!

FFS. I'm having to pack for our boarding trip tonight!

Visiting Max all weekend and I'm working away from home Mon-Thurs next week. Not impressed at work leaving it til the last minute to tell me about next week.

It's also Max's birthday while we're away, so I've no idea when I'm going to go shopping for anything for her!

Just remembered travel insurance too!

Good luck mate :D

And I've just had to sort the car insurance renewal. I'll give them another ring tomorrow to ask about you and Jeff going on for a week as I'm not really in the mood for more phone calls today! :D

Fair enough man.

As I said if you and Max are doing some driving then you only really need to add one of us...i.e. the cheaper of the two (probably Jeff as he's an old man :taped:)

Fair enough man.

As I said if you and Max are doing some driving then you only really need to add one of us...i.e. the cheaper of the two (probably Jeff as he's an old man :taped:)

:lol: cheeky mofo!! :D

Sorry to hear about work Rich.

It's ok Jeff, you're all old mofo's compared to me (Max included!) :D

If I haven't thrown my manager out of the window tomorrow I'll ring the insurance people. Damn!! Travel insurance!! Have you guys sorted yours yet? Who did you go with in the end? I'm after an annual policy as I've got another holiday planned later in the year.

I've got this covered mate, picking it up on Thursday night.

Awesome mate :cool: (may want to take a note of the directions before we leave as I can't work out french post codes at all :confused:)

Just to clarify what Rich asked me earlier on, the parts still to pay are as below:

Lift Passes: €160 each (sorry Rich, its not €170).

Tourist Tax: €20 each.

Car parking: €79 between us (€16 each).

'Tis gonna be awesome guys!!