The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivsupra.net snowboard & ski trip 2008/9

Ian W

Which of these three dates are we going away?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these three dates are we going away?

• Sat 10th - Sat 17th January 2009
    • Sat 17th - Sat 24th January 2009
    • Sat 24th - Sat 31st January 2009

I completely forgot to get back to you about my folks roof box! Unfortunately, one of the plastic catches that closes it has been snapped off and I couldn't find the keys to lock it either :(

Is it an estate mondeo we're going in, with the roof rails on it? If so, I can ask my mate if there's any chance we can borrow his roof bars (which I think are universal and should fit most cars) for the week.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I completely forgot to get back to you about my folks roof box! Unfortunately, one of the plastic catches that closes it has been snapped off and I couldn't find the keys to lock it either :(

Is it an estate mondeo we're going in, with the roof rails on it? If so, I can ask my mate if there's any chance we can borrow his roof bars (which I think are universal and should fit most cars) for the week.

Hatch back and no roof bars :(

As per my text the other day, I've just bought a 407 diesel estate which I'm planning on buying roof bars for anyway. If everyone's happy to pitch in to go on the insurance, I'm happy to take it to the Alps :) Should be a bit roomier than a hatchback with 4 of us in it.

If so, I'll need DoBs, points on licenses etc for insurance purposes. PMs/texts probably best for that.

Right gents, we're looking at £415 balance (including a 6 day lift pass for VT and Eurotunnel tickets).

Sorry lads, but the old credit crunch has bumped us up a wee bit. Still, not bad when you consider that includes lift passes.

Only things left to pay would be fuel (not much each if it's a Diesel) and £35 for the local 'tax' and parking charges.

Should stand us at about £530 all in :)

Can you please transfer the £415 to my bank account asap as discussed so I can pay the balance and book the Eurotunnel tickets.

Any problems, let me know.

Cheers

Ian

Will transfer the funds this weekend dude, just waiting for some money to hit my account :)

Can you pm me your bank account details please, ta.

Also waiting to hear back from a few friends if they know anybody with a roof box we can borrow. :)

Will transfer the funds this weekend dude, just waiting for some money to hit my account :)

Can you pm me your bank account details please, ta.

Also waiting to hear back from a few friends if they know anybody with a roof box we can borrow. :)

Sweet.

May have a lead on a roof box myself but nothing concrete as yet.

Text on the way with bank details, mate.

I should have the money transferred before the weekend hopefully dude.

I take it those times are both Saturday times? Crash over at Jeff's the night before? :innocent:

Are you guys happy to take my car? It's no speed demon but it'll chew up the motorway miles happily enough.

I should have the money transferred before the weekend hopefully dude.

I take it those times are both Saturday times? Crash over at Jeff's the night before? :innocent:

Are you guys happy to take my car? It's no speed demon but it'll chew up the motorway miles happily enough.

The car sounds perfect for the job mate, just need a roof box now!

They are indeed both saturday times. Need to see Jeff re: the crashing part :D

Right. Balance has been paid now.

Unfortunately there was another drop in £/euro rate on Thursday so will see how much is taken off my credit card. Could be another tenner off everyone or something like that but we'll see what happens.

Just need to book the euro tunnel tickets now, sort out my travel insurance and acquire a roof box and we're ready to roll!! :cool:

EDIT: Just checked my emails and I'm being asked for the full names and dates of birth for everyone requiring a lift pass.

Can you text or PM these to me asap.

Thanks

Edited by Ian W (see edit history)

Sorted:

• Spare bulb kit

• Headlight deflectors

• Hi vis jackets (think myself and IanW both have these)

• Roof bars (lockable, so no thieving foreigners can half inch our kit)

• Arranged with a mate to borrow his board and bag for the trip :D

Not sorted:

• Snow chains

• Roof Box

The chains and box I can rent for about £85 for 10 days. I need to double check that that was for the monster monster sized box that will take the boards/skis inside it easily enough, and any boot bags etc that may not fit inside the car. They re-open on the 2nd, so I'll head down there to sort it in person.

I'll sort the money for them while we're on the hol, to save chasing everyone to transfer yet more money online!! :p;):D

• 2 weeks later...

Right then guys.

Firstly, I'm sorting the box and chains tomorrow so I'll get back to you with the exact prices tomorrow evening.

Secondly, Max and I have been talking. What with the current fantastic exchange rate we're getting, we think it would be an idea to take as much food with us as possible. Big bags of pasta, sauces, long life milk, veg etc should fit in quite easily.

Let us know what you think guys and we can sort something out.

Roof box and snow chains sorted :D

I need to pick them up after work on the Friday, so that might add another hour or so to Max and I getting to Jeffs. Total price is £88 for the two for 10 days, or £17.60 each.

I went for the biggest roofbox in the end. It's massive. 235cm long, nearly the full width of the car and deep enough for a good 2 snowboard bags on top of each other. Might even get the skis into it as well.

My car insurance is up for renewal at the end of the week. Who's up for driving, cos I'll sort that out in the same phone call, once I've done my bartering? Max and I are ok driving, but at least one more driver would be useful. If you're up for driving, could you PM me with your full name, dob, points, driving convictions etc so I can get that sorted, hopefully tomorrow night and Wednesday. I think IanW did send me those in a text ages ago, but that's probably been lost in an archive somewhere!

Cheers guys.

12 days baby!!