The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivsupra.net snowboard & ski trip 2008/9

Ian W

Which of these three dates are we going away?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these three dates are we going away?

• Sat 10th - Sat 17th January 2009
    • Sat 17th - Sat 24th January 2009
    • Sat 24th - Sat 31st January 2009

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That'd be fine by me.

Less of us to split the travelling costs between but we could get away with booking two estate cars instead of two mini mpvs so wouldn't be as much to hire them.

the 6/8 apartment would be fine with me and the estate cars.

my thinking is that we have been talking about this trip for a few months now on the forum so most members would have seen it.

if we get a late addition.... sofa bed it is.

or is that a little off? :search:

my thinking is that we have been talking about this trip for a few months now on the forum so most members would have seen it.

I think that's fair.

If they didn't fancy the sofa bed they could just try and book other accommodation elsewhere depending how many there were wanted to go.

:thumbs:

Seems fair enough to me!

Right gents (and lady :))

That's the Chalet booked for 17th January 2009 to 24th January 2009.

The deposit paid was £51 per person, if you could get it to me asap as it's all currently on my credit card :eek:

The balance to be paid is £152 per person with a further 20Euros to be paid on arrival :rolleyes:

Any questions, just give me a shout (pay pal and bank transfer is acceptable btw)

Cheers

Ian

well one option that has presented itself is my folks have offered me the use of their honda cr-v for that week.

the only downside is getting 4 of you from way up there down to myself and Rich

well one option that has presented itself is my folks have offered me the use of their honda cr-v for that week.

the only downside is getting 4 of you from way up there down to myself and Rich

That's cool. We're sorted! See you out there guys :innocent: :D

I'm likely to have a BFO off roader within the next few months that could be used for some of us :)

Wow....so in essence we may not need car hire at all? :)

Was also thinking in terms of chunnel times.

Trains leave at the latest midnight and the earliest is 6am.

We can't check into the chalet until 5pm, so assuming it'll take approx. ten hours (according to googlemaps) to get to Val Thorens from Calais...which train do we want to get?

Looking that way - other half finally landed a nursing job following finishing her training a few months ago and so we're gonna replace her Almera with said BFO off roader. 7-seat Chevrolet Captiva looks good value / practical etc.

OK we're gonna have a lot of crap with us between equipment and luggage but 4 of us should be fine until we rendezevous with the CRV and offload one of you :D

We can always get to the resort early, leave our crap in the cars and explore a bit 'til we can check in - 5PM is pretty late so hopefully they'll let us check in sooner if we're there and they are ready.

It's nice to drive big distances under the cover of darkness so to me the 6am chunnel on the day of check-in is the best bet as we can get to dover nice and fast from Scotland late night / early morning and will be early enough in France to cover a good distance before eventually stopping for breakfast :)

It's nice to drive big distances under the cover of darkness so to me the 6am chunnel on the day of check-in is the best bet as we can get to dover nice and fast from Scotland late night / early morning and will be early enough in France to cover a good distance before eventually stopping for breakfast :)

Sounds good to me :thumbs: So long as French services do full fry-ups :D