The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivsupra.net snowboard & ski trip 2008/9

Ian W

Which of these three dates are we going away?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these three dates are we going away?

• Sat 10th - Sat 17th January 2009
    • Sat 17th - Sat 24th January 2009
    • Sat 24th - Sat 31st January 2009

Had a wee look for availability in the same place we're booked Brian and the only one left is the 12/14 size!

On another note, how are people feeling about travelling? If everyone's still up for driving then I'm in but it occurred to me it may be a PITA once there (i.e. long windy roads covered in ice?).

Can get flights for approx. £150 then transfers on top but obviously that'd cost a bit more than in the car.

Thoughts?

Ian

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have had an email from Noemie at our accommodation to offer us a discounted lift pass for our trip in January.

It reads as below:

Hello,

We are please to propose you this year discounted Adult ski pass (from 13 to 65yrs old) for the domain of Val Thorens and the 3 Vallées. We are not managing to propose senior, kid or family ski pass. Our prices are:

Val Thorens domain: (consecutive days)

4 days = 126€ / 5 days = 148€ / 6 days = 160€ / 7 days = 183€

3 Vallées domain: (consecutive days)

4 days = 164 / 5 days = 196€ / 6 days = 210€ / 7 days = 241€

To give you an idea, the 3 valleys pass for 6 days is £166 and a Val Thorens pass for 6 days is £127 (rounded to the nearest pound).

What you think?

Ian

Prices seem not too bad to me. I paid £180ish for a full 3 Valley pass in March 07, so that's pretty good. I personally wouldn't recommend going for a full pass, as the area's too big to take advantage of it in one week. VT kept us entertained very well, and we only ventured to Meribel and Courchevel so that we hadn't wasted our money!

Right, just been considering prices if we fly rather than drive. Destination airport would be Geneva.

For those in Scotland (Ian, Brian and missus)

Accommodation = £203

Pass for VT only = £127

Return flight with carriage for ski's/snowboard from Glasgow = £164 (Easyjet)

Price so far is £494

For those down south (myself and Rich)

Accommodation = £203

Pass for VT only = £127

Return flight with carriage for ski's/snowboard from Gatwick = £98 (Easyjet)

Price so far is £428

We would need to find out how much transfers would be from and to the airport and split this between the 6 of us.

What you think?

It's the transfers from Geneva that will be a killer think it's a pretty long trip crammed into a bus. The transfer I had from Chambery to Tignes le lac was 4hrs and there was no leg room at all for me (I'm just over 6ft) so I was wedged inbetween seats and wasn't comfortable at all. Worst part of the holiday for me was the transfers and I'm sure Geneva will be a longer transfer?

Yep just checked - the route from Geneva passes Chambery about half way along... so can we fly to Chambery? I'd be flying from Edinburgh if possible as it's my local airport.

I'm still up for the road trip approach but will go with the majority.

Cheers,

Brian.

Basically Geneva is approx. 160km away so take from that what you will.

The accommodation has given me a couple of links (one taxi and one bus).

Taxi would cost us about £110 each return for transfers which would bump up the price quite significantly.

Just looking into the bus just now...

• 2 weeks later...
To give you an idea, the 3 valleys pass for 6 days is £166 and a Val Thorens pass for 6 days is £127 (rounded to the nearest pound).

You guys wanna go for a 6 day VT pass then?

I'd just get it done now if we did, one less thing to worry about eh.

Let me know your thoughts.

Ian

You guys wanna go for a 6 day VT pass then?

I'd just get it done now if we did, one less thing to worry about eh.

Let me know your thoughts.

Ian

Awesome.

Just need to find out from Chan and Brian now.

:)

Sounds good to me dude :)

Might be Milton Keynes-bound next weekend for a shopping spree and fake snow action :cool:

Guys,

Have dropped Ian a message about this but just to say here there's going to be a couple of places available - I'm very regrettably having to pull out due to personal circumstances :(

Hope you all have an ace time and take lots of pics to share with us all!

Cheers,

Brian.

Sorry to hear Brian :(

As Jeff has said, really sorry to hear Brian can't make the trip.

On a brighter note, Shane (WhyT) has provisionally put his name down as well as his mates to fill the two places.

Still to be confirmed in the next couple of weeks, please bare in mind that there is still a chance Shane might not make it so keep in mind others who may be interested.

Will get prices on transfers from Geneva to VT next week and we can make a decision on whether we drive or fly then.

Will also sort out lift passes once the other two places are confirmed.

Thanks

Ian