Lamborghini doors the real deal!

fastisnice

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thing about lambo doors on a supra is that they're a trademark feature of a particular brand.

It's a bit like sticking a Ferrari badge on a Supra. It's just... well a bit tacky isn't it?

If you were saying you wanted to do something innovative and new with the doors, and not copying an iconic feature of another marque then I think you would get a lot less grief. That is unless it was something just plain stupid ala extreme front mount IC :D

I honestly dont find them tucky at all on an aggressive looking supra. Its not like putting a ferrari badge. Its just a door style!, you can make a supra looking like an aggressive supercar. Yes standard supras dont look nice in my opinion.

I've had people who know about cars and couldnt figure out what car i got. I really couldnt care less if 1000 people out a million can tell that ive done a door conversion. Yes if you go to a supra meeting or a jap meeting its common sense people can tell!

I got to respect your persistence.

You have started a thread saying lambo doors on supras are great and this is what you think, then when 90% of people disagree with you you start having a pop at there cars being chav:D

I think ill start a poll in fact and see what the percentage of chavs are:D

But that's the point, it is like sticking a prancing horse badge on the car. Or a 911 esque whale tail or any other iconic feature of another brand. Because the doors are symbolic of a Lambourghini it kind of says "I want my car to look like a lambourghini". I think what you're saying is that you just want your car to look exotic and "rare". Copying other marques doesn't do that, it just labels you as someone trying to copy something. Most laymen will just see the car as belonging to someone who wants a lambourghini but can't afford one (whether that be the case or not)

It's akin to wearing knock off clothing.

I've had people who know about cars and couldnt figure out what car i got. I really couldnt care less if 1000 people out a million can tell that ive done a door conversion.

Ah, so you're trying to make people believe your car is something its not.....?

Maybe a lambo...;)

Why you wouldn't want to race it? r u scared?

Have you seen any peugeot 106 rallye 500bhp? i've raced one, what does it mean because its fast its not "chavved"?

Actually, I used to have a peugeot 106 rallye 1.6 version if you must know, and I loved it, cracking car (didn't have 500bhp though)... didn't stick lambo doors or a silly body kit on it though. In fact it still had the original white wheels on it.

blah blah blah

EDIT : To be fair, I think the word chav isn't referring to the person as a whole. From my point of view I suppose it was a way of expressing a person's dislike of a modification. The english language has been battered. I personally don't regard everyone with Lambo doors as a chav. I personally just don't like the modification and I still have concerns over the safety aspect (2 hinge, 1 pivot point story), but I'll park that now. (Remember English isn't everyone's first langauge)

http://www.barryboys.co.uk is probably a good place to look at people who have OVER modified there cars.