The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A 0-60 cant find it anywhere!!!!

ben_stevo

just out of interest what speed do you think you are doing after approx 9 sec's............or even just a between 'x & y' type estimate.

90 mph approx, basically 10mph per sec.

Here is pretty much the best NA time from a quarter mile at pod.

1/8et 9.5579 1/8 mph 73.39 mph

1/4et 14.8849 @ 93.13 mph

so 14secs to 90mph seems more reasonable.

A stock TT's figures are below...

1/8et 9.0492 1/8 mph 81.26 mph

13.8811 @ 105.87 mph

so even they take a fair bit longer than 9 secs to get to 90mph......

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest civicsam

going back to the mr2 being so fast! in japan, in some drag events, they dont let it run with the rwd's as they have so much traction (with the engine in the back) its deemed to be unfair so their matched up with the 4wd's! not all events but alot.

just thought id let scotster know, as its an unfair comparison! compare the mighty supra to an rx-7 or other rwd cars of similar power.

Guest civicsam

well yeah it is an unfair comparison, you cant compare a supra to skyline gtr, or a bugatti can you? same type of thing. gotta compare similar types of cars! supra would beat m3, rx7 etc.

A Standard Starlet GT turbo is supposed to do 0-62MPH (well 0-100Kph)in 6.8 seconds! Thats from a 1332cc engine........

Yeah but I know what id rather drive! Starlets look like pizza delivery cars! I had a glanza about a year ago and sometimes I was embarassed to drive it!

Think there seems to be some crazy comparisons going on here between Supra's, MR2's and hot hatchs like the focus st.

If all you want is a car that goes from 0-60 in 4 seconds then buy a caterham or lightweight sports car

The purpose of the Supra is completly different. Its not a race car is a GT. Its built for speed and comfort. Driving at a consitant high speed is what a supra does best. They might do 0-60 in 7+ seconds but it will sit at 100+ mph all day without any bother. They have a boot, back seats and a fairly roomy cabin non of which an mr2 has.

The other thing the Supra has is a look thats aged better than pretty much any other 13 year old car on the road. If you look at the sort of cars that were being built the Supra stands out as still having looks that demands attention.

I also like the history of the Supra. In 93 toyota produced the BEST car they could, with the BEST technology they had with the aim to produce a SUPERCAR that was easy to drive and live with, quiet comfortable but could carry speeds that were reserved for porsche owners.

These cars also cost £40k back in the day so when you buy a supra your not buying a focus with a few bits bodged on the car, your buying a piece of history, a car that has been purpose designed and built for the job it does and a car that stood on the same platform as porches and ferraris of that era.

Move on 13 years and if you want the same sort of car from ford then its not a focus its the new ford GT. A GT car, the best car ford can produce, purpose built & designed and the fookin expensive price tag reflects that.

In the grand scheme of things hot hatches like the Focus ST will be forgotten quickly as soleless granny wagons that had a splash of paint here and a few engine mods there but the Ford GT has a story as does the Supra which is why it is and always will be a special car to own.

p.s. I own a £40k supercar, and proud of it!

Guest civicsam

yea but scotster you cant compare diff types of cars 0-60 if they arent the same type of drive train!

and no mr2s are not in the rwd class in some drag events!

but if your unhappy with ur sup thats your problem! beats the hell out of driving a shit box mr2!

You sure ;)

The Supra is a heavy car which is why the NA isn't so quick but if you have a Supe for 2 years and then drive a 'normal' car for 2 weeks you miss the power of the Supra - trust me, I cant wait to get mine back on the road :(

Can you really trust the figures published by Toyota? Didn't the Supra TT dyno a lot higher stated than the published figures?

I agree with that. i had to borrow my mums 1.6 Golf which is certainly normal and couldn't believe the differance. Before I had the supra and had borrowed it before it seemed ok. I did miss the ability to accelerate like the supra does, even my NA.

Guest dangerousandy
Yeah but I know what id rather drive! Starlets look like pizza delivery cars! I had a glanza about a year ago and sometimes I was embarassed to drive it!

Ive got both!!! and the Starlet is is more rewarding to burn off other cars in. people expect the Supra to take off, but when a G-plate old banger burns off their new motor, the looks on their faces is priceless:d

yea but scotster you cant compare diff types of cars 0-60 if they arent the same type of drive train!

and no mr2s are not in the rwd class in some drag events!

but if your unhappy with ur sup thats your problem! beats the hell out of driving a shit box mr2!

Lol, i'm not unhappy with it, just a little disappointed with the performance.

Just to add, you are talking complete and utter bollox. FWD, RWD, AWD and Race are the only catagory's that matter to us.

In fact, at shootouts its everyone for themselves. I can't comment on the japanese 1/4's because i haven't seen/been to any.

Fact is lb for lb and £ for £ the MR2 will destroy most cars let alone supra's. The only problem with the MR2 is that when you get to a certain power it can't handle it, even on the straights, and the supra takes over as it has a better chassis. I think the R33 has the 1/4 all wrapped up though, it used to anyway.

Is the R33 GTR not awd too? Of course with most of the power going to the rear.

Scott =op