ben_stevo

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rays the roof
There is a supra in the US that weighs 2990 lbs

2990 lbs or kilo's?

Probably Kilos with the driver sat in it because most Americans are fat B'st*rds...LOL!!!

Sorry to resurrect this but just found the official time from toyota!

Believe it or not it IS 5.9 seconds. See the 300zx vs toyota supra page here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=72319

Only members can see this I'm afraid

PAge 3 of the clickable link PDF (page 4 is for turbo time). Not sure if anyone cares anymore but at least the person on this thread who claims he has 5 second times can rest assured toyota believe their car can do that time (JUST).

Sorry to resurrect this but just found the official time from toyota!

Believe it or not it IS 5.9 seconds. See the 300zx vs toyota supra page here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=72319

Only members can see this I'm afraid

PAge 3 of the clickable link PDF (page 4 is for turbo time). Not sure if anyone cares anymore but at least the person on this thread who claims he has 5 second times can rest assured toyota believe their car can do that time (JUST).

Well i still dont believe that for one minute. Toyota must have been on the Saki when they wrote/timed that.

Drag time: 13.732 @ 101.12 mph: 60ft 2.042 330ft 5.781 1/8 et 8.846 1/8 mph 80.08 mph 990ft et 11.425 (SZ auto) JAP (S/county) cat back exhaust + NOS

Don't know what the 0 - 60 time was, but spanked most stock and BPU TT I have raced against up to 60 mph and then yes fair enough I get caught, but not by all......:p

Wallace calculation works out at 4.9 seconds and it is supposed to be accurate to 3 tenths of a second. So 5.5 sec tops??

But thats not a standard N/A, its got NOS, and likley to be about a hundred shot from that time !!!

Toyota RZ figures :-

0 - 60 kph............ 2.7

0 - 80 kph.............4.2

0 - 100 kph...........5.7...........(62mph)

0 - 120 kph...........8.0

400 m...................13.80 @ 162 kph (100.7 mph)

An NA is going to be slower.

That can't be right. A 220bhp MR2 is faster.

I reckon around 5 sec dead for 60 and very very very low 13's.

Where are those times from?

Scott =op

That can't be right. A 220bhp MR2 is faster.

I reckon around 5 sec dead for 60 and very very very low 13's.

Where are those times from?

Scott =op

on a stock MR2 turbo that 1/4 mile time is just not possiable atall

ive gone up against many many MR2 turbo's and most of the time driver error is what wins or looses a race and my supra cannot break 14'8s and thats with no back seats or anything in the boot

so for a MR2 in the low 13's it would have to be modded

Toyota quoted 14.2 for the Rev2 and 13.8 for the Rev3+. They also quoted 5.7 0-62 for the rev2 and 5.1 0-60 for the rev3+. A guy did a whole writeup on the Rev1 or 2 in which he managed a 5sec 0-62 and a 1/4 mile time of 13.8 (i think). It was completely standard. The rev3+ models are a little bit faster than the rev2's and they have 20bhp more so i would say 13.5 wouldn't be too difficult for a decent driver.

If you go onto IMOC you will see the time slips some of the guys have put on there. I'll quote you some just now..

Baker 1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1 13.950 102.000 He has an exhaust and induction kit so not 100% standard.

buddster33 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3 0.884 1.978 5.701 8.865 80.800 11.440 13.775 99.520 Totally standard rev3

RICHIE S 1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3 0.753 2.065 0.000 8.567 79.800 0.000 13.414 102.260

Now this car has 312bhp at the fly as you can see....

AdamR 1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1 1.005 2.136 0.000 8.392 86.310 0.000 12.880 109.960 312.60 flywheel

And yet it pulls a 12.

My MR2 is around 280. I've not been on the 1/4 personally but guys with around the same horsepower manage sub 5 60's and late 13 1/4's no problem.

Scott =op

Guest Rays the roof
But thats not a standard N/A, its got NOS, and likley to be about a hundred shot from that time !!!

Spot on! 100 shot. And it makes the car a totally different beast....

Here is pretty much the best NA time from a quarter mile at pod.

1/8et 9.5579 1/8 mph 73.39 mph

1/4et 14.8849 @ 93.13 mph

so 14secs to 90mph seems more reasonable.

A stock TT's figures are below...

1/8et 9.0492 1/8 mph 81.26 mph

13.8811 @ 105.87 mph

so even they take a fair bit longer than 9 secs to get to 90mph......

REALLY SORRY TO BRING THIS THREAD UP AGAIN.

But now that I have taken the ICE system out, I thought I would make another video of the 0-60 time on my N/A, I know earlier I said it felt more like 6 sec and was certainly not 7 sec so I had to prove myself wrong/right.

So I took a video yesterday, and it turned out that with a bit of a lame start (I lost 2-300's of a sec) and two baldish rear tyres, I did it in 6 sec's, and also 75mph in 9 sec. So I think 5.9 secs should not be a problem at all maybe even quicker. This was only the 1st attempt

Not bad for an N/A.;)

REALLY SORRY TO BRING THIS THREAD UP AGAIN.

But now that I have taken the ICE system out, I thought I would make another video of the 0-60 time on my N/A, I know earlier I said it felt more like 6 sec and was certainly not 7 sec so I had to prove myself wrong/right.

So I took a video yesterday, and it turned out that with a bit of a lame start (I lost 2-300's of a sec) and two baldish rear tyres, I did it in 6 sec's, and also 75mph in 9 sec. So I think 5.9 secs should not be a problem at all maybe even quicker. This was only the 1st attempt

Not bad for an N/A.;)

you must have one of the quickest N/A's around to reach that time

i was on a meet yesterday and i can tell you i got leatherd by4 TT from a start and a stock TT does around a 5 sec 60mph time and i was a good 2 sec behind them

so unless it has nos or a heavly modded motor it just aint poss

Sorry, I can only manage just under 6 seconds in a UK TT Auto and I would leave you for dust.

A NA can't do 0-60 in 6 seconds. To get near that you must has NOS or something. The Supra is a fairly heavy car and with 220BHP you won't make 60 in 6 seconds!

I went through a phase in my early 20's when i had my NA MR2 and thought it was the fastest thing on the Road - I used to tell pork pies that it could do 60mph in around 6 seconds, then one day I met an MR2 Turbo and the rest is history.

Unless you can prove unequivocally that it does 0-60 in 6 seconds I would just accept that your telling porkies!!!

Sorry, I can only manage around 6 seconds in a TT Auto and I would leave you for dust.

A NA can't do 0-60 in 6 seconds. To get near that you must has NOS or something. The Supra is a fairly heavy car and with 220BHP you won't make 60 in 6 seonds!

:ok:

You don't need to apologise for your car being a bit lame..lol....doesn't really matter we all now that supra's are a different class of car, not to be judged on just 0-60 times.