The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A 0-60 cant find it anywhere!!!!

ben_stevo

Been reading this thread and not liking what I am reading...

My N/A is an auto, and it certainly does not go 0-60 in 7 seconds, I would say more close to just under 6 seconds, and I have a heavy system in the boot, which does slow it down a bit.

This is with only the second 'cat' off.

I'd be amazed if it were anywhere near 6 seconds, especially if you've added weight. The only NA auto I ever properly tested was 7.2s to 60.

I always thought my TT was around 5s to 60, but the best I ever managed was 5.6 on a normal road (even with hard launch and shift).

These were recorded with a decent accelerometer too.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be amazed if it were anywhere near 6 seconds, especially if you've added weight. The only NA auto I ever properly tested was 7.2s to 60.

I always thought my TT was around 5s to 60, but the best I ever managed was 5.6 on a normal road (even with hard launch and shift).

These were recorded with a decent accelerometer too.

Well, ,my previous BMW E46 328i- 0-60 is 6.3 in the book, I managed to get this down to 5.7 -driving the supra almost feels identical in terms of speed,maybe just slightly less, as it's an Auto, but still does it in 6 seconds no problem. Maybe its the driver;)

Well, ,my previous BMW E46 328i- 0-60 is 6.3 in the book, I managed to get this down to 5.7 -driving the supra almost feels identical in terms of speed,maybe just slightly less, as it's an Auto, but still does it in 6 seconds no problem.

Sure, okay, if you say so.

I had an e36 328i coupe before and the best I ever got was 6.7s on the accelerometer and again that was with a clutch burning launch and gear change. I have the datalogs from all the cars somewhere.

If yours does 0-60 in 6 seconds I'll eat my accelerometer :D

Sure, okay, if you say so.

I had an e36 328i coupe before and the best I ever got was 6.7s on the accelerometer and again that was with a clutch burning launch and gear change. I have the datalogs from all the cars somewhere.

If yours does 0-60 in 6 seconds I'll eat my accelerometer :D

Your gonna make me go out and test it now arn't you? When I get a chance I will test it. Maybe there is an invisible turbo under the bonnet butI just can't find it. :search:

Your gonna make me go out and test it now arn't you? When I get a chance I will test it. Maybe there is an invisible turbo under the bonnet butI just can't find it. :search:

By all means, if you have an accelerometer I'd be interested in seeing the datalog. I have plenty for the TT's in various states of tune, but only the one for the NA auto.

Just dug this pic out of an Excel file myself and a few people from work created a few years ago.

The times for my supra were 5.59 at stock boost and 5.39 for 1.2 bar BPU (so a little quicker than I thought earlier)

The guy with the Discovery was a bit of a joke, it never actually got to 60 :D

0-60 times.jpg

My 98 Tip (BPU) was recorded at 4.993 sec 0-60 by that car magazine (JTuner?) when they paid for us all to do that track day at some airfield. (Bruntingthorpe, Bruntingfield? something like that)

I've probably still got the mag here somewhere, if necessary.

As far SILKYSMOOTH and his sub 6 sec 0-60 NA . . .

Yeah - Right!
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

are the orange ones faster than the other colours? Just like red Supes are meant be faster :lol:

I was just making sure, we knew what vehicle we were talking about, i've only ever noticed them in orange, as a focus is'nt normally what i call eyecatching, i guess they come in other hues too.:D

Silky, how are you counting the seconds? You know cant rely on shouting the seconds out loud or using a mobile phone. As homer said if you can get sub 6 secs 0-60 ill eat my hat! I just dont think it'll happen tbh!

With a video camera, I know its not 100% but it's no way 7 seconds, don't understand why it's so hard to believe, it's a 3ltr for Toyota's Sake. And you guys with TT's should be pretty ashamed of times like 5.6. Thats more embarrasing!

lol, i love this thread :) I don't really worry what the 0-60 times are, if its a nice car to drive that does me. You got to bare in mind your speedo could be out slightly mate so add at least another second :) You need proper timing gear to prove times :)

Love this thread too, it's an arguable one!

I can agree with that, as long as it's a nice car overall that's what counts. a second here or there doesn't mean alot really on the UK streets, I was just trying to make a point that you should not always rely on the 'book' times for 0-60 and take each individual car for it's own merits. I can only comment on my car noone elses and judging by what it's been up against I know it's not 7 seconds.

oh by the way im just in the process of looking for a mint N/A

Depends how far you want to Travel and what you want to spend, here is a nice one. I seen it in the Flesh last week quite nice for an N/A :devil:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_popup.jsp?did=16370&pageid=2&originalid=&gid=nogroup&tid=20&start=10&distance=0&adcategory=cars&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=200804302315132