The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A 0-60 cant find it anywhere!!!!

ben_stevo

I think these assumptions of 0-60 times are based on male pride, which takes its form in many guises!!

You've got to go by the stat's given by Toyota and others which appear to be 6.8 - 6.9 for a manual. So Auto would be slower.

Unless you can provide evidence of a NA doing 0-60MPH in a certain time, it means nothing its just hearsay

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think these assumptions of 0-60 times are based on male pride, which takes its form in many guises!!

You've got to go by the stat's given by Toyota and others which appear to be 6.8 - 6.9 for a manual. So Auto would be slower.

Unless you can provide evidence of a NA doing 0-60MPH in a certain time, it means nothing its just hearsay

And remember that these published claims are not easily repeatable by mere mortals.

nah 5.1

I'd love to see a stock supe actually hit its claimed times. Its such a hard car to actually launch. You only have to look at the 60 foot times in comparison to other cars to see that. 0-60 in the real world is utter rubbish anyways. A better acceleration gauge is the 50-70 times or the 30-50 times. We won't go into the 70-170 times as thats not legal :D

nah 5.1

I'd love to see a stock supe actually hit its claimed times. Its such a hard car to actually launch. You only have to look at the 60 foot times in comparison to other cars to see that. 0-60 in the real world is utter rubbish anyways. A better acceleration gauge is the 50-70 times or the 30-50 times. We won't go into the 70-170 times as thats not legal :D

I agree, with all the cars my accelerometer has been in only my 328i managed to get near the claimed figure (in fact it beat it), I tried time and again in the supra and the best result was posted above (5.39).

As you say 0-60 is a poor indication of a cars performance, 30-100 is good for outright power, 50-70 good for an idea of in-gear power (like when overtaking). This is where the supra is VERY quick compared to most cars on the road.

Been reading this thread and not liking what I am reading...

My N/A is an auto, and it certainly does not go 0-60 in 7 seconds, I would say more close to just under 6 seconds, and I have a heavy system in the boot, which does slow it down a bit.

This is with only the second 'cat' off.

I have an N/A supe (5 speed) and a lot of male pride, and i wouldnt be foolish enough to think that it was under 6 seconds. Nearer 7 even possibly past 7secs. Get the launch correct and it may well be mid 6secs but 0 tp 60 is very changable

If you don't like it, sell it; makes no odds to anyone here :D

Oh don't get me wrong, i love the sup. Its much nicer to drive than every other sports car i have driven. When i bought the car i was under the impression that it had a 0-60 of under 5 seconds (for a std UK) and the 1/4 mile time was around 13 (again UK std).

Its only after reading threads like this that i have found 0-60 will be lucky to see 5 even with BPU, mostly down to how hard it is to get off the line and some folks have 1/4's as bad as 14's

TDR has the most impressive 1/4 on this board as far as i have seen by breaking into 11's.

I wouldn't sell or swop based on a car's performance, all i am saying is its not quite the performance car i thought it was.

Scott =op

Oh don't get me wrong, i love the sup. Its much nicer to drive than every other sports car i have driven. When i bought the car i was under the impression that it had a 0-60 of under 5 seconds (for a std UK) and the 1/4 mile time was around 13 (again UK std).

Its only after reading threads like this that i have found 0-60 will be lucky to see 5 even with BPU, mostly down to how hard it is to get off the line and some folks have 1/4's as bad as 14's

TDR has the most impressive 1/4 on this board as far as i have seen by breaking into 11's.

I wouldn't sell or swop based on a car's performance, all i am saying is its not quite the performance car i thought it was.

Scott =op

I think you will find most cars don't live up to their hyped 0-60, but as said earlier thats not the best test, and once rolling the Supra is truely awesome at overtaking times, which is where it's at.

Its hard to find some claimed 0-60 times but i was refering to actual 0-60 times.

For example, i was a member of IMOC when i didn't have the sup. I still have the MR2 but its the wifes car now... anyway.... owners on there with around 280bhp were seeing 0-60 times of around 4.5sec and 1/4 mile times around the early 13's which seems about the same as sups with almost 100bhp more.

I only really go with 1/4 mile slips as far as claims go. Not seen a std evo manage a sub 5 yet lol.

Scott =op

trouble is guys were talking about a 13 year old car which was bloody quick back in the day, but now with advanced engine technology etc etc .so 0-60 in 7 ish secs will do me, if not will buy a TT.:D

0-60 TIMES are really unreliable because there are so many factors ,driver, road conditions etc, tbh a 6sec or less n/a [standard] is wishfull thinking, unless you spent shedloads on the engine.

Guest Rays the roof
My 98 Tip (BPU) was recorded at 4.993 sec 0-60 by that car magazine (JTuner?) when they paid for us all to do that track day at some airfield. (Bruntingthorpe, Bruntingfield? something like that)

I've probably still got the mag here somewhere, if necessary.

As far SILKYSMOOTH and his sub 6 sec 0-60 NA . . .

Yeah - Right!
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

Info here from Bruntingthorpe: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=29073&highlight=drag+times

Guest Rays the roof

Drag time: 13.732 @ 101.12 mph: 60ft 2.042 330ft 5.781 1/8 et 8.846 1/8 mph 80.08 mph 990ft et 11.425 (SZ auto) JAP (S/county) cat back exhaust + NOS

Don't know what the 0 - 60 time was, but spanked most stock and BPU TT I have raced against up to 60 mph and then yes fair enough I get caught, but not by all......:p

Wallace calculation works out at 4.9 seconds and it is supposed to be accurate to 3 tenths of a second. So 5.5 sec tops??

My 98 Tip (BPU) was recorded at 4.993 sec 0-60 by that car magazine (JTuner?) when they paid for us all to do that track day at some airfield. (Bruntingthorpe, Bruntingfield? something like that)

I've probably still got the mag here somewhere, if necessary.

As far SILKYSMOOTH and his sub 6 sec 0-60 NA . . .

Yeah - Right!
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

I've got a copy of that mag here somewhere. I seem to remember Terry doing a 4 sec 0-60 time with his GT35R, anyone know what tyres he was running at the time?

just out of interest what speed do you think you are doing after approx 9 sec's............or even just a between 'x & y' type estimate.

90 mph approx, basically 10mph per sec.

Anyway I have finally decided that today I will be taking all the ICE system out of the boot coz it weighs too much and it has put too much weight on my rear tyres causing both rear tyres to go bald just in the middle. I have no doubt at all that with the ICE system out and with some new rear tyres I should be hitting just under six seconds, even though it feels like that now with the weight and bald tyres. Shame really coz the ICE system looks and sounds fantastic...I would say that coz I built it all ;)

I did a video of my N/A's 0-60 and it was 5.9 im happy with that