The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A 0-60 cant find it anywhere!!!!

ben_stevo

If any NA owners in the Reading area want to borrow a decent accelerometer to record some accurate times, you're quite welcome to borrow mine. Provided it fixed correctly it's extremely accurate :)

Homer, i am willing to give this a go, but before i do, let me get my excuses ready for my slow N/A.

1) Its got loads of ICE in it, sound deadening etc

2) bumpy road

3) bad start

4) Kanackered accelerometer

On a serious note. next reading Jap meet ?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a tomtom sat-nav and when it is in my supra it is exactly 5 mph out from my speedo, my speedo will read 70mph and the tomtom reads 65/66mph it jumps between the two

now i know that i have a good supra N/A as i have ran a 14.89 at crail which admitantly isnt the best track in the world but it is still timed better than a you tube video

now to settle this i am willing to do a run and record it, then post it up

as for the claims of a sub 6 sec 0-60 i think it just really isnt possiable, i mean really isnt:taped:

i really just cannot even imagine beating 7.5 sec 0-60

(goes off to find vid camera);)

now i know that i have a good supra N/A as i have ran a 14.89 at crail which admitantly isnt the best track in the world but it is still timed better than a you tube video

Hang on a mo. You got a 14.89 1/4 in an N/A and people are saying that a TT running a 14.2-3 is about normal in another thread. Is that basically saying that the N/A can run similar 1/4s to the TT? Surely thats not right as there is the best part of 70-90 BHP difference.

Hang on a mo. You got a 14.89 1/4 in an N/A and people are saying that a TT running a 14.2-3 is about normal in another thread. Is that basically saying that the N/A can run similar 1/4s to the TT? Surely thats not right as there is the best part of 70-90 BHP difference.

Thats a time for a good N/A and poor TTs ?

Thats a time for a good N/A and poor TTs ?

It's an exceptionally good time for an NA and according to Monkeymarks drag times it only had a decat. TT's in this time range are rare and to be honest a pretty poor show (I beat it even with Slip control on :D )

I would encourage folks to have a look at the timeslip details in that thread if you want to get an idea of the difference a second can make in terms of terminal speed.

woops!!!

appoliages to all it was a 15.2sec:blink:

ive just been bact to check it and i was wrong soz;)

ALEX HAMILTON

15.225 sec sec

0.434 sec

2.354 sec

90.0 mph mph

Right lane

http://www.crailraceway.co.uk/show_times.asp?CarNumber=126&RunDate=20070304&RaceID=526

alex