The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone interested in visiting the Toyota factory near Derby?

SteveR

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few people bring their kids along to meets, I can't see this being any different. *waits to be told I'm wrong* :)

you're wrong :p

i dont see a problem with kids being there, if the let us two in they should have no problems letting kids in :rlol:

you're wrong :p

i dont see a problem with kids being there, if the let us two in they should have no problems letting kids in :rlol:

lets hope they agree to letting a heap of supra owners in.... possibly can be arranged as a supra meet at the same time.

better warn em about you 2

They shouldn't have too many problems with us two....so long as Nigella isn't the tour guide ;)

lets hope they agree to letting a heap of supra owners in.... possibly can be arranged as a supra meet at the same time.

better warn em about you 2

dont do that - they'll definitely say no!

They shouldn't have too many problems with us two....so long as Nigella isn't the tour guide ;)

:rlol:

:D

I think the FAQ said something baout a minimum age

*goes to check*

Yep - minimum age: 7

yep - it also mentions a limit of 40 people, which is looking like it might be kinda low. However, as I'm going to be asking for special treatment anyway, I'll see what I can do. ;)

I really like you Ste in your new events organiser role :thumbs:

It always best to pick someone without a life.

:innocent:

Ahh, thanks mate.

I'd have got back to you sooner Bernard, but unlike you, who was sat posting on here, I was out and about all weekend having a life! :p

:innocent:

Might it be an idea to move this thread to National Events section?

Good idea - but I'll see what the answer is when I ask about limiting numbers first, just in case they say tough luck.

has any one attended this before whats the normal day runnings do we get to belt around on thier tracks in on of thier demo cars

Tour FAQ & outline here :thumbs:

A few years wgo I went on a tour of a GM plant in the UK, it was very, very interesting and I was gobsmacked at the level of automation they used in the production process. The tour guide was superb and explained the systems they used in great detail.

I'll be a cetain for this if it can be arranged :thumbs:

A few years wgo I went on a tour of a GM plant in the UK, it was very, very interesting and I was gobsmacked at the level of automation they used in the production process. The tour guide was superb and explained the systems they used in great detail.

I'll be a cetain for this if it can be arranged :thumbs:

I managed to get to Everett in Washington State last month and took the tour around the Boeing factory, it was good to see how they moved the parts of the plane around like lego. They make the 747, 767 & 777 aircraft there. I'm not really a plane man but, had the afternoon free so, thought I'd check out the largest building by volume on the planet :blink:

Boeing1.JPG

Boeing2.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet, they dont start opening their doors till April. I'm on the list to be notifed of what's going on & when.... :)

I did call them a couple of weeks ago to ask about the chance of increasing numbers and possible special treatment but didn't get very far, but that's probably because I was asking the tour-organising people att he factory and not Toyota UK marketing/PR people..... I shall be trying a different tack soon. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I work there, its pretty crappy & they dont let you see a lot of the areas. Youll mainly get to see the car having the engine put in & the monkeys putting in the interior. The tour doesnt come past me anymore on quality control.

Think you see the weld shop & assembly plant(s) wont go in plastic shop, you can only go in the paint shop wearing a baby suit to prevent seeds & contamination & im certain they dont do that. They should show you the graveyard, all the cars deemed uneconomical to repair & all the cars the idiots crash on their way to the yard :D

You have 0% chance of getting within viewing distance of the test track & -100% of getting a ride round it. I got a go when i started :p

Mostly i see school kids & old folk on the tour which is in lil golf buggy train things. Were making the Cor...sorry Auris :rolleyes: in my shop & Avensis in the other. They do a 280bhp V6 version of the auris in Japan. Why do we always get the shite cars?

I work there, its pretty crappy & they dont let you see a lot of the areas. Youll mainly get to see the car having the engine put in & the monkeys putting in the interior. The tour doesnt come past me anymore on quality control.

Think you see the weld shop & assembly plant(s) wont go in plastic shop, you can only go in the paint shop wearing a baby suit to prevent seeds & contamination & im certain they dont do that. They should show you the graveyard, all the cars deemed uneconomical to repair & all the cars the idiots crash on their way to the yard :D

You have 0% chance of getting within viewing distance of the test track & -100% of getting a ride round it. I got a go when i started :p

Mostly i see school kids & old folk on the tour which is in lil golf buggy train things. Were making the Cor...sorry Auris :rolleyes: in my shop & Avensis in the other. They do a 280bhp V6 version of the auris in Japan. Why do we always get the shite cars?

Sounds great. Count me in.;)

P.s. Pay your membership. I't's worth every penny.:D