The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone interested in visiting the Toyota factory near Derby?

SteveR

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Good idea think the organiser may have dne that as we suggested it on a post regarding this month or so back....

A supra owners day at Toyota Factory i'm sure it be a good day out...

Ahh, just noticed that SteveR has seen the error of his ways. Marketing people are ruthless and will break any rules to get a bit of free publicity....;)

H.

No problem Steve.

I'll keep my ears peeled at this thread.

Wouldnt want to miss it for the world.

It's a big shame because the factory are being ridgid as a board and not allowing for any sort of marketing angle to bend the rules/'the norm'; "20 people maximum sir" etc etc, not interested in photoshoots or special tours, etc etc.

The mkiv Supra is 15 years old this year though, surely I can get Toyota UK to make [...Toyota factory at Derby make...] something of that? ;)

I shall try anyway :)

:tongue: bollox to them I say. :blink:

Don't they know who we are

We drive SUPRAS doch'a know.

;)

I'm sure we can find a nice local spot for some pics etc.

That's plan B :)

(Don't forget you're talking about Derby tho ;) P.S. I'm allowed to take the mick - I was born there lol) In all seriousness, there is a lot of nice countryside and various stately buildings, etc not too far away.

All supras were built in the TMC factory in Japan. They'd be more interested in you if you were the avensis or corolla owners club with cars from when the place first started.

If you ever get in, my supra will be parked up somewhere around making up the numbers :D

Do you drive your supra to work? i work there too. Seen a supra in the ol weld carpark...

I saw the tour people training today on the golf cart train thing, they drove around the shop practicing the jargon for each part.