The mkiv Supra Owners Club

snow foam + heavy duty lance

peter richards

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Pete,

I just bought a Karcher K5.55M (I had to have some sort of cable and hose reel system as garage space is tight!)

Could you please pm me details for bank transfer? Also - what's the usual delivery time?

hi mate , ill check with the supplier if they are in should be a few days

pm sent , send me your addy as well , thanks

DANDAN-------BANK T--------RECEIVED---DELIVERED

DRAGONBALL--BANK T--------

BRETT JONES--BANK T--------RECEIVED---DELIVERED

KILL1308-------BANK T-------RECEIVED----DELIVERED

PIXELFILL------BANK T--------RECEIVED---

• 2 weeks later...

What sort of mix did you run Kev?

I put 20mm of the pink coloured liquid foam in the bottle and then filled almost to the top with water. I hosed over and then foamed up the better half's car for a test run and left for maybe 10-15 mins till the foam really started to run off.

After rinsing off with the PW, the snow foam didn't seem to have a massive effect and I still had to do a full workover with a sponge. The car wasn't filthy or covered in caked on crap so I'm wondering if somehow I got something wrong and wasn't getting the full benefit.

Should I have applied the foam to the car when it was dry? Do people add anything else to the foam for max cleaning effect and minimal sponging?

I hosed the car over first to make it wet, then filled the container that came with this kit about a third full. I then covered the car with the foam, waited a few minutes then power washed it off, (not too powerful though). I've no idea if this is the correct way but it defintley works for me :D It also took the brake dust off the wheels completey :)

dan glad it arrived will edit the thread , inch in the bottom you can add a drop of whatever wash you use and fill up, turn the screw all the way shut then back a 1/4 turn .

dont forget this is still only a pre wash stage it helps loosen any crap on the car so you dont have to go at it to hard with the mitt .

did i see sponge dan ?

hi mate , ill check with the supplier if they are in should be a few days

pm sent , send me your addy as well , thanks

DANDAN-------BANK T--------RECEIVED---DELIVERED

DRAGONBALL--BANK T--------

BRETT JONES--BANK T--------RECEIVED---DELIVERED

KILL1308-------BANK T-------RECEIVED----DELIVERED

PIXELFILL------BANK T--------RECEIVED---DELIVERED

update

• 1 month later...

Arrived today =) thanks for sorting this out Peter.

Ended up washing 4 cars with it tonight :) just perfecting getting the right thickness.

Makes cleaning much easier but now the dirts gone i can see the swirls from previous owners bad cleaning argh. testing out meguiares scratchx :)

• 4 weeks later...

hi , the snowfoam is a pre wash stage , it helps shift the stuck on grime , so when you then wash the car with your mitt you dont have to rub off any dirt or grime to hard as that will cause the marks you see in direct sunlight on dark cars .

but if the cars pretty clean the snowfoam stage will give you a 90% job just a quick wash and dry and you are done

• 2 months later...
but if the cars pretty clean the snowfoam stage will give you a 90% job just a quick wash and dry and you are done

I'm having to drive through big muddy puddles twice a day at the moment so, mid week, I'll just hose the car down, then snow foam it and hose it down again. No need to wash it then until the weekend as the snow foam does such a good job.

Or maybe the paint is fully waxed/sealed up so, it's not sticking that hard ???

Glad I bought some of Pete's snow :)

• 2 months later...

Bought myself a Karcher pressure washer yesterday and was able to use this wonderful piece of kit. It turned my parking area into a winter wonder land. Once I'd got to grips with it, it worked a treat.

I'd not cleaned the car since x-mas and it was covered in dirt. I hosed the car then snow foamed it. The dirt just ran off :D

Saved me loads of time and scratching my paint.

Thanks for a great product Peter :cool:

Bought myself a Karcher pressure washer yesterday and was able to use this wonderful piece of kit. It turned my parking area into a winter wonder land. Once I'd got to grips with it, it worked a treat.

I'd not cleaned the car since x-mas and it was covered in dirt. I hosed the car then snow foamed it. The dirt just ran off :D

Saved me loads of time and scratching my paint.

Thanks for a great product Peter :cool:

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll446/mwilkinson01/IMG_0149.jpg

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll446/mwilkinson01/IMG_0148.jpg

thank you glad you like it , appreciate the support

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.