The mkiv Supra Owners Club

snow foam + heavy duty lance

peter richards

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used this over the week for the first time. Awesome :cool:

Works really well if you go over the entire car with a bit of elbow grease after the spray. Much faster that normal cleaning too and simingly better results.

Ta

Hi Peter,

Never seen these snowfoam kits before, they look good. I like the look of this lance if it's still available.

One question I hve though, not sure if you will know the answer to this, or if it's even required. I have a Karcher pressure washer and I use a rotating brush with foam to do the actual cleaning once I've rinsed over the car and got all the crap off. Do you know if they do an attachment that would be suitable for it? Or is it really not going to be of much use with the snowfoam? Basically I'm wondering if it's worth using the snowlance to start with, then using the snowfoam with my rotating brush as well.

Here's a picture of a similar brush (mines a slightly older version of this, same fitment though)

http://www.buyspares.co.uk/cgi-bin/pic.pl?pid=1227153

Thanks for your time

James

hi james the foam is only designed to work in the lances, and will replace the brush you have which TBH i wouldnt use as its only going to scratch your paintwork.

foam the car leave for 10 mins pressure wash off, then you can re apply another coat if you like to then wash the car with whatever wash / shampoo you use re rinse and the car should be clean , then just dry

hi james the foam is only designed to work in the lances, and will replace the brush you have which TBH i wouldnt use as its only going to scratch your paintwork.

foam the car leave for 10 mins pressure wash off, then you can re apply another coat if you like to then wash the car with whatever wash / shampoo you use re rinse and the car should be clean , then just dry

Thanks for the reply :)

Ok I'll take your recommendation and stop using the brush. Sounds like I need to order myself one of these lances then, will read on how to order when I have a bit more time.

So do you guys not use any kind of pressure washer brushers and just use a hand mitt or something?

Thanks, all the best

some good deals on atm in the diy stores for £200 ish you should be able to get a decent karcher , only problem with the deals is they give you a load of crap with the PW which your unlikely to ever use , id rather them keep the crap and get a better PW .

my last PW was the top of the range domestic karcher 7.85 which was great never let me down , looked at a few industrial makes but went for karcher again only the HD range .

let me have a look about ill see if i can find some links to something decent

this one looks a good unit , there are a few on there for bidding .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Karcher-KB6060-130-bar-Domestic-Pressure-Washer_W0QQitemZ270387842117QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM?hash=item270387842117&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A7%7C294%3A50

dont worry if its a graded unit my K7.85 was and was faultless

• 2 weeks later...
some good deals on atm in the diy stores for £200 ish you should be able to get a decent karcher , only problem with the deals is they give you a load of crap with the PW which your unlikely to ever use , id rather them keep the crap and get a better PW .

my last PW was the top of the range domestic karcher 7.85 which was great never let me down , looked at a few industrial makes but went for karcher again only the HD range .

let me have a look about ill see if i can find some links to something decent

this one looks a good unit , there are a few on there for bidding .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Karcher-KB6060-130-bar-Domestic-Pressure-Washer_W0QQitemZ270387842117QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM?hash=item270387842117&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A7%7C294%3A50

dont worry if its a graded unit my K7.85 was and was faultless

Do you think that one is a sensible purchase Pete? Is this the same place you bought yours?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.