The mkiv Supra Owners Club

snow foam + heavy duty lance

peter richards

Peter - I don't have a pressure washer, but could be tempted to get one if you can recommend one that would:

a) be useful but,

b) won't break the bank?

...I suspect these are conflicting requirements, but it's worth asking all the same. :thumbs:

You buy the lance and you can come round and use it on my pressure washer ;) I may ask to borrow it to have a go on mine :innocent:

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You buy the lance and you can come round and use it on my pressure washer ;) I may ask to borrow it to have a go on mine :innocent:

lol, by the time I drive home the car will be dirty again! :p

PLus a tank of fuel to get to yours & back will cost more than the washer, lol!

• 1 month later...
How odd, I spray my car, remove the lance from the power washer and it stands up all by itself on the concrete. Then again I tend to keep my bottle full up anyway so I guess that helps.

Mine stands up full or empty but, never tried it while it's attached to the lance. I take it off straight away after using it.

• 8 months later...

I have a question, not knowing anything about snow foam, it is obviously a cleaner/detergent pre wash, what i want to know is, my Supra sits on a main road, and therefore suffers from all the crap from passing cars when wet, so it ends up with a coating that i cant even get off with my pressure washer, so will snow foam get all the dirt/grease/crap off? and if it doesn't happen to be to bad during the summer, do i still need to use a sponge/mitt? IE just hose it off?

Thanks for any advice.

yes the foam like you say is a pre wash stage , the idea being to lift and soften the grime before you go at it with the mitt .

as you dont really want to rub the grime off even with the mitt you are likely to mark the paintwork, if the car on that side is very bad then maybe a second coat then PW off then wash as normal.

on very dirty cars i always use a degeaser on the lower parts before i apply the first coat of snow foam

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.