The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift aerotops rarity

Guest $uprastar

Guest $uprastar

Hey,

I just wondered how rare (and expensive) a facelift aerotop would be nowadays? I found the one below on the JM imports website but there was no price so I guessed it had been sold...

facaerfrmnt.jpg

I also found one on a traders website which was up for around £7000 a couple of years ago - would that sort of price be considered good given it's rarity?

Cheers

supraat.jpg

Edited by $uprastar (see edit history)

Hey,

I just wondered how rare (and expensive) a facelift aerotop would be nowadays? I found the one below on the JM imports website but there was no price so I guessed it had been sold...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]178605[/ATTACH]

I also found one on a traders website which was up for around £7000 a couple of years ago - would that sort of price be considered good given it's rarity?

Cheers

If its a twin turbo then yes, however that 2nd pic...the fence looks very familiar :search:

For balance they do not sell (just) shit they sell what you can get here ie the UK in the trade at high prices. Some will be poor/average cars, shit if you must, some will be good honest ones. They along with a few other traders get in quick on low priced private sales or get px's from dealers etc.

Jurgen will get you a good car for sure AND look after you, I'm not arguing against his deserved reputation at all.

Depends on whether you are after a TT or an NA I'm pretty sure there was never a facelift TT Aerotop made, they were only in production for a few years between 93 and 95 before the facelift changes were introduced in 97 but I could be wrong lol :search:

I recently bought a 93 GZ TT Aerotop from Jurgen at JM Imports which took over a year to source so the original TT's are getting harder to find I'd say you are a lot more likely to come across an NA-T facelift conversion or an NA Aerotop.

There were Facelift TT Aerotops, but they were US market only.

The facelift brought about a raft of changes that were designed to make the Supra a more focused sports GT, and the Aerotop roof really didn't fit that requirement. It's a shame they never made one with a glass roof, as per the F-Type coupe, Sl and 911 Targa.

There were Facelift TT Aerotops, but they were US market only.

The facelift brought about a raft of changes that were designed to make the Supra a more focused sports GT, and the Aerotop roof really didn't fit that requirement. It's a shame they never made one with a glass roof, as per the F-Type coupe, Sl and 911 Targa.

The US never really got the full facelift though, interior for a start only got facelift seats, dash remained pre-facelift.

Anyway, facelift Aerotops are rare as rocking horse poo, took me 2 years to find mine, doubt I will ever let it go.

Guest $uprastar
The US never really got the full facelift though, interior for a start only got facelift seats, dash remained pre-facelift.

Anyway, facelift Aerotops are rare as rocking horse poo, took me 2 years to find mine, doubt I will ever let it go.

If you ever do decide to sell, keep me in mind as I'm on the lookout for one :)