The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Might be worth having a look round your disks!!!!!

johnd-mkiv

Wow thats proper in half, i wonder if the caliper has seized to get them hot enough to crack?

both rear disks have unusual wear on the inside face a band of about 20mm that's in use the rest is rust, need to strip the whole lot down. A possible cause why my cars all over the road when I floor it.

Can't see a make on it, the other disks on my second supra are drilled and grooved one of them has a hairline crack between the holes, fairley sure my old supra had drilled disks an that was the same. Thought I'd post it in here as don't take long to have a look around and might save a life aswel as your pride and joy :)

Good job you checked that!

My 3G disks also began to crack but NOTHING like that - for that reason I wouldn't buy 3G again.

Lots recommend stock disks and pads or CW fast road pads - I know how you drive, don't bother.

You need CW race pads (if you can still get them) and a quality disk - I bought some with temp sensors on and they seem to be lasting.

Let me know if you want me to dig out where I got them from.

Looking forward to seeing the project dude :thumbs:

Cheers Tom, hows it going long time no see?

I can 100% guarantee a seized caliper, or more likely seized sliders caused this. I have a stache of similar discs, caused by exactly those issues.

The car was rumoured to have been sat for a while so more than likely the case, when I get some spare time ill strip them down and put the new disks on, thanks Chris

My 3G disks also began to crack but NOTHING like that - for that reason I wouldn't buy 3G again.

Lots recommend stock disks and pads or CW fast road pads - I know how you drive, don't bother.

You need CW race pads (if you can still get them) and a quality disk - I bought some with temp sensors on and they seem to be lasting.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/02/jevepuga.jpg

thanks mate, I know a while back the 3g was all the rage, after Marham I managed to graft a full set of evo brakes on but stayed away from the drilled disks. Not sure what way im going to jump with the brakes yet but ill bear you in mind thanks ;)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/02/jevepuga.jpg

Jon when you get a chance can you PM me where you got those discs from be interested for future reference

and good spot John, and well done for posting it up :)