The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What a weekend !! ive got my supra too

supra steveo

well on friday and saturday i clocked over 1000 miles ( well.... me and wor lass ) drove from suffolk all the to aberdeen to collect my new aerotop , caroline (aka blossom) drove from newcastle to pick me up in suffolk first then we drove all the way to aberdeen, what a hike we didnt hit aberdeen till 03:30 in the morning so got our heads down in the car for a few hrs caroline had my army boucin bomb doss bag and i roughed it lol, any way i am uber happy with it it needs some work done on it but hey i kinda thought it would any way

so here is my to do list

1. switch ODO from KM to miles

2. get the speedo converted from gay 110mph to 180mph

3. replace center locking bolt on the aerotop

4. sort out the rear fog light and reverse lights

5. fit my alpine stereo

6. fit sub and amp

7. get some polished rings for the dash

8. stubby conversion

9. fit el-glo dials

10. do blue LED dash conversion

11. collect and fit HKS super drager

12. fit some Facelift head lights

13. fit new brake pads and discs

mynew1.jpg

mynew2.jpg

mynew3.jpg

mynew4.jpg

mynew5.jpg

mynew6.jpg

mynew7.jpg

Edited by supra steveo (see edit history)

I know what thats like it is some drive my mum lives in mcduff which is another 60miles north of aberdeen. ill be doing that journey at xmas not in the supe though the weather up there is terrible over xmas. Very nice car mate glad to see your back in business im sure it was worth the treck pal. :thumbs:

Looks a nice clean example you got there.

You should give Jurgen a shout, I'm sure he can sort you out with a mph converter.

yeah sweet i will be back up north on the weekend so will see if he is about

Sounds like one of those long trips that you just have to do but it seems like it was worth it as you seem pleased with your purchase, looks nice.

oh yeah i was a massive trip but it was well worth it

excellent car. Well done.

I've very jealous of Aerotop owners as I'd love one myself. :thumbs:

cheers mate

Great to have u back in a supe Steve. Will be trying to sort a local meet for next month, so hopefully you will be around.

hell yeah i think i will be back every other weekend from now on, just give me a shout

sweet car bud. And ten out of ten for the effort picking it up :thumbs:

the real effort was from caroline (blossom) she took the friday off and come down on thursdaynite to suffolk from newcastle to get me then on friday we went up to get the car :D cant stop saying thank you to her :blush:

Nice one steve,so it begins again eh:D

I drove from glasgow to derby and back to get mine,the supes love long runs we go to skegness every year in it too:)

oh yeah av already started buying loads for it

cant believe you got her to pick you up and then drive past newcastle.

Ill be back from this course on sunday if you about mate

hey she offered mate i was thinking about flying up,

probably you can come get your exhaust out my room to :p

Where in Aberdeen you get this one from?I've not seen it lurking around :)

mate this place was north of aberdeen in the middle of nowhere to lol

If it were my car, I wouldn't buy that. At £25 that is probably some cheap ebay tat. I would suggest a DSC+TSD from Thor if they still make them. They sell for the wrong side of £100 but they're worth it IMO. If you do want to investigate the ebay one, check that

1) they clip the speed signal for the TSD part of it instead of just scaling it back. Scaling back is OK-ish, but it does mean that the speed limiter will kick in at a higher speed instead.

2) check that the DSC causes the progressive power steering system (and active front spoiler on the off-chance your car has one) to work properly. Some speed converters pass a scaled-down speed signal to the PPS meaning that the steering has maximum assistance even at medium speeds when you don't want it.