The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post Llandow discussion thread

Homer

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home now! Personally had a great time with no spills. Someone in a BMW hit the sidewall but no drama really apart from that.

Weather was good, dry for the most part and not too hot for cooler intake temps.

Saw the blue Ultima on the hard shoulder after the Severn bridge on the way back so hopefully everything is ok there! I think it was adnanshah?

Will have a look at my video footage later - I was chasing JamieP for a few laps while he was trying his best to destroy a set of perfectly good tyres!

Million thanks to SteveR for organising it. Will be there next year!

i poped down jus to watch , guted i couldn get on the track, but some lovly cars out ther, the guy in the bmw waked the barrier realy hard good to see him get out ok tho.

ther was one luck escape for a guy in champange colourd supe lost it at the same place as the bm but missed the tyre wall ad escped with a wheel full of grass.

Was a great day, thanks again Steve :thumbs:

Sorry I left at lunchtime, but needed to give someone a hand with something.

Which BMW was it ? The red one or the grey one ?

Definitely getting the Falkens off the rear of my car, they're hopeless :eek:

As usual the best laid plans let me down, I was coming just to take photos but unfortunately cleaning up child vomit at 03:00 soon put paid to me getting up early to drive there.

Hope others took some photos!

Had a great time, thanks to all that organised it, just going to look through my videos in a min.:)

Yeah, the red one belongs to Darren. He had a small smack in in a few weeks ago and had only just got it repaired for Llandow :( gutted.

Not Darren, he had a great day:)

ill have a few pictures soon for you all. only watching 2day but i will come on next time as i saw a few accidently stepping the backend out with bit too much power ;-) hehe.

Saw some real nice supras. Hope they are all still working well.

Guest darrenchaplin

Yes im home in one piece! lol, un like the car on the motorway, they went home in a helicopter!

Yes great day Steve thanks!!!

I poped down to see you all for the afternoon, Did not bring the supra I'am a bit skint saving for the nurburgring :), I did not get chance to speak to a lot of you was just looking at some of the cars flying round look like you all enjoyed it, I'a, gutted I could not go on :( maybe next year :).

And JamieP I love your car mate it sounds so nice and looks like it handles great, loved the drifting buddy nice driving, I also past you on the bridge on the way home was in the red Insignia, you was on the phone me thinks tut tut :)

Nice to meet you both Bignum - Littlenum :)

Ps.. I was the chubby kid walking round with my blue top on....

Just got back after spending ages having my tyres changed. (Last in the queue and a refreshing level of attention to detail by the fitter!) The grey BMW was Downimpacts brothers car who had the incident last year in fire spitting rex.

I was having fun starting to drift the car a bit but a lap after deciding to switch the rltc off it fishtailed and I was heading backwards at at least 80 mph into the bank. I saved the offside rear at the last second and hit the bank hard with my osf. Took a deep breath and stepped out to assess the damage and the wheel had taken all the force pinging the tyre of the lip and filling the gap with dirt. Not a mark on the bodywork :D Thank God I stepped in that dogshit earlier!

Great evening before, especially as the drink got in and Jamie and his mates started performing.

Big thanks to Steve, his missus and his lad for sorting it out with their hugely impressive oranisational skills.

I'm off to bed now as the constant adrenaline injections have burned me out ;)

Edited by vvteye (see edit history)

just got back after spending ages having my tyres changed. The grey bmw was downimpacts brothers car who had the incident last year in fire spitting rex.

I was having fun starting to drift the car a bit but a lap after deciding to switch the rltc off it fishtailed and i was heading backwards at at least 80 mph into the bank. I saved the offside rear at the last second and hit the bank hard with my osf. Took a deep breath and stepped out to assess the damage and the wheel had taken all the force pinging the tyre of the lip and filling the gap with dirt. Not a mark on the bodywork :D thank god i stepped in that dogshit earlier!

Great evening before, especially as the drink got in and jamie and his mates started performing.

Big thanks to steve, his missus and his lad for sorting it out with their hugely impressive oranisational skills.

I'm off to bed now as the constant adrenaline injections have burned me out ;)

:D

Just looked through my videos and they are naff, the camera is jumping all over the place:( hopefully we shall see some that others have taken:)

Great evening before, especially as the drink got in and Jamie and his mates started performing.

Sorry about them mate:D was a good laugh;)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

had a great time. but im totaly worn out from 1 hours sleep. getting up at 4am and then driving for 3 hours to get there :(

What happened on/near the severn bridge? I saw signs for an incident, And overtook a fire truck then a traffic car going the other direction with blues and two's, but didnt see anything.

I had a super day, the weather suited the cars much more than last time. I'm very happy with the way the car performed, esp on the new tyres, getting faster and faster through the corners as the day went on, who says supras can't handle? Having said that the Exige was something else and how Jamie didn't get black flagged for going round the track sideways we will never know! :D

BIG thanks to Steve for all his hard work and good organisation. Let's hope there will be another next year :):):)

glad i came along today, saw some seriously quick cars on the track and some good driving skills from jamie p i think lol. Was gutted that i wasn't on track ,and will be posting up some pics that the better half took.