The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supercharger, latest pics

Shane

Finally managed to get to spend some time on the car today and started to get the piping sorted out. How do you think it's looking? And before someone points it out, I know I need clips either end of the 45° Blue silicon pipe, just that I ran out.

Just waiting for some silicon pipes I have ordered and then I can fit the adjustable pressure relief valve and then this side of it is pretty much complete. Then its injector replacement time the 440s are away being tested and cleaned.

Supercharged Supra! Wicked :D

How much does the bill stand you in at, and where did you get the parts from?

Like wise let us know how it runs

Too much, can't tell you exactly how much yet as I havn't worked it out in full, but so far about £1k I reckon. Costs were a bit high mainly due to the steep learning curve/rookie mistakes and also a big chunk went on steel fabrication of the bracketry. Next one will be much cheaper as this has now been worked out.

i would imagine its part of the lexus is200 supercharger

No, there is no part of a Lexus system on there. The SC is a Eaton M90 taken from a Ford V8. You cant fit the Lexus system to the NAs with a dizzy, it gets in the way of the drive. When it finally gets finished I will do a proper write up and outline all the parts used. Having a new water pump pulley made by Chris Florey and hope to have that fitted this week and also the adjustable pressure relief valve. Then it's injectors, FPR, ECU and tune. :D

The SC is a Eaton M90 taken from a Ford V8.

IIRC the first Aston DB7 (supercharged 3.2 Jaguar AJ6 engine) uses the same charger. May also fit reasonably well.

I did have a stock of Mini Cooper S superchargers, but left them where I used to work & they were binned. Doh!

IIRC the first Aston DB7 (supercharged 3.2 Jaguar AJ6 engine) uses the same charger. May also fit reasonably well.

I did have a stock of Mini Cooper S superchargers, but left them where I used to work & they were binned. Doh!

Most of the SUpercharged jags use a current version of the M90 as well. Think the Mini ones are the M45.

So a pair of them would have done the job eh?? ;)

Mate, fitting one of them has been enough of a job, but... reckon the smaller and more available M60 as used on the mercs would do the job to provide low boost for a NA, certainly would be a lot cheaper, lighter and smaller. But if this works out I have enough headroom to reduce my CR and up the boost at a later date.

Great project :) If you can manage to put together a kit for less than £2k I reckon you're onto a winner. Provided it has a reasonable torque increase and is reliable of course.

Do you know what sort of psi this will produce yet? 5-6 psi should make it the first cost effective power increase option for the NA.

Great project :) If you can manage to put together a kit for less than £2k I reckon you're onto a winner. Provided it has a reasonable torque increase and is reliable of course.

Do you know what sort of psi this will produce yet? 5-6 psi should make it the first cost effective power increase option for the NA.

Thanks, it's been a long time coming.

In theory it should be capable of producing in excess of 10 psi, but I am going to have confine my set up to 7 max while running stock autobox and stock compression ratio.