The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lexan Rear Window Deal

Ryan.G

Hi All

Myself and Wes are going to be purchasing a Lexan rear window for our cars and wonder if anyone else would be interested in one for their supra.

Managed to get them for £155+Vat but only if we get 5 or more ordered.

Moulded from the stock glass, so perfect fit and if lots are interested will organize a group buy on fitting them as well.

Post below if you would like one

Ryan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interested in the window deal. what size of lexan is it? when are you thinking of getting them done?

The Standard size is 4mm but you can have 5mm i believe for an extra £15.

Will be looking to get them ordered as soon as we have enough interest.

Ryan

Are they easy to break into??

No, Lexan is a trade name and its what they use in a composite to make bullet proof glass, at the old place i used to work at we used loads of it for machine guards, we tried to smash some with a hammer (slow day) and it was impossible, it does mark very easy though

Ryan would these be road legal ?

Wow! A bulletproof glass, i already love them! what about getting the side windows as lexan?? would this be something possible? then they wouldn;t be able to break into the car? as well as save loads of weight

No, Lexan is a trade name and its what they use in a composite to make bullet proof glass, at the old place i used to work at we used loads of it for machine guards, we tried to smash some with a hammer (slow day) and it was impossible, it does mark very easy though

Ryan would these be road legal ?

Wow! A bulletproof glass, i already love them! what about getting the side windows as lexan?? would this be something possible? then they wouldn;t be able to break into the car? as well as save loads of weight

Side windows are available in either 4mm or 5mm.

For dedicated track cars you can have a slider for fixed position windows at extra cost.

ahhh so they don't work as the standard ones do?

Yes they do, depending on the option.

You can have plain lexan windows that work with the electric window mech like stock or for track cars without any window mech you can have a sliding hatch which is shapped to the curve of the window.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.