The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivSupra.net Track Day - 4th October

SteveR

Places remaining: 0

(let me know if you want to go on the reserves list in case anyone drops out)

:uk:

mkivSupra.net Track Day - Saturday 4th October

LLandow Circuit (Near Cardiff)

"A technically challenging circuit with both left and right hand bends"

Details:

• The track has been exclusively hired by mkivSupra.net
  • Strictly 40 places maximum. First come: first served
  • No more than 10 cars are allowed out on track at any one time
  • Professional staff on site to manage the day, give safety briefings, marshalling, etc, PLUS a paramedic
  • On-site cafe will be open throughout the day
  • If traders wanted to come along and pimp their services/products/demo cars - all the better! Please PM me.
  • Spectators / club members who'd rather just watch are more than welcome!
  • Closed-wheeled cars only: if its got mudguards, it counts as closed wheel.

Circuit Details:

• Length: 1450m
  • Width: 9m
  • "In consideration to the local community, we operate a self imposed noise limit of 105db absolute maximum"
  • Location (click)
  • Distance from:
    • Cardiff - 20 miles A48 / B4268
    • Bristol - 60 miles M4 / A48 / B4268
    • Birmingham - 123 miles M5 / M50 / A4119 / M4 / A48 / B4268
    • London - 160 miles M4 / A48 / B4268

[*]There are plenty of accomodation options nearby for those who would be travelling a distance; also a perfect excuse for evening after-track activities as a club

Costs:

• Driving Participants: £70 per car
  • Spectating: FREE!
  • Passengering: FREE!

SAFETY / RULES:

• Before using the circuit all participants MUST:
    1. Sign an Indemnity form
    2. Provide a full driving licence
    3. Be physically fit
    4. Be a competent driver (and hold a UK licence - bring it with you!)
    5. Wear an approved* helmet. Arms and legs must be covered at all times.

* = Specifically for car use. Details are being sent to me and will follow when I have them. Approx cost to buy:£40~£50

The track also has 10 helmets available for hire at a cost of £20 each for the day; credit card swipe taken as deposit against damage/loss.

[*]No participants taking part shall have consumed or taken alcohol or any drug that will impair your ability to drive.

[*]Participants must not race or compete against any other user.

[*]The use of any form of 'official' timing equipment is not permitted. (circuit's liability insurance does not cover competition/racing)

[*]Reckless or dangerous driving is expressly forbidden and anyone disobeying this rule may be asked to leave.

[*]All participants on track days at Llandow Circuit MUST attend the Safety Briefing. This instruction

will include:

1. Rules of the day
    2. Flag Signals
    3. Entering and exiting the circuit
    4. Overtaking and being overtaken
    5. Driving/riding discipline
    6. Circuit layout and potentially hazardous sections
    7. Paddock driving/riding
    8. Breakdown/incident procedures
    9. Session stopping

[*]Overtaking should only take place on the straights or exiting the bends. No overtaking in the bends and no cutting inside whilst approaching the bend.

[*]A speed limit of 5mph applies at all times in the circuit paddock and the pit lane.

Participants must ensure that their vehicle is safe and fit for the purpose that it will be used for on the circuit.

Mot/tax/road legal tyres are not required; but the car must be deemed "safe" inline with the above comment. Although no scrutineering will take place, any cars deemed unsafe by the marshals (e.g. spotted dropping fluids) will be sent back to the pits.

Draft Schedule:

• 8:30am gates open
  • 9:10am sign-on
  • 9:30am Driver briefing given over tannoy system
  • Drivers split into groups of 10 based on experience/car/power/etc:
    • 1st group of 10 are lead out on 2~3 controlled sighting laps to gain confidence. Pace car peels off, drivers find their own pace. Approx 15~20 mins session
    • Repeat for the other 3 groups of 10 cars

[*]At this point everyone knows the track, and to maximise the on-track time available the circuit will revert to an 'open pitlane' operation. Always 10 cars maximum on-track at any one time.

[*]5pm close.

[*]Saturday evening - party on down at a local campsite/hotel?

Flags:

The circuit uses the following flags:

• Chequered Flag = the end of the session
  • Yellow Flag = extreme caution and no overtaking
  • Black Flag = return to the paddock and report to the Control Tower
  • Red Flag = session has been stopped. Slow down, return to paddock or assemble at the Bus Stop runoff.

Please note:

• FULL PAYMENT, AND FULL PAYMENT ALONE, SECURES YOUR PLACE.
  • No refunds can be given unless a replacement (I shall run a 'reserves' list) can take your place.
  • If you do something stupid enough to get ejected from the day (apparently that takes some doing!), or your car suffers a breakdown; or you don't turn up on the day - no refund will be given.

OK OK, I'm in:

Updated 14th August: Sorry, all places now taken. PM me if you want to be on the reserve list.

1. Check you meet the above requirements and are happy with the rules etc etc etc etc - you participate at your own risk and reciept of payment will be deemed to mean you have read & understand everything involved.
  2. Send £70 per car via PayPal to the club PayPal account (PayPal account is [email protected]) with "LLandow " as the reference. Click here for alternative payment methods.

3. Once you've done that, send me a PM with ALL of the following info:
    • Your username
    • Any PayPal reference/email/etc details you are given when paying so I can tie-up who's paid with what payment
    • Driver's full (real) name
    • Make/model of vehicle
    • Vehicle registration
    • Basic vehicle specification (bhp is enough; or "BPU Supra", NA Supra, Single Turbo, etc)
    • Driver's approx track experience: None, beginner (limited experience), amateur (numerous tracks/days), pro (compete)

I will then add your name to the "PAID" list; here in post #3. :cool:

If you just want to spectate, that's cool, simply PM me and I'lll add you to that list instead - just so i have an idea of number and everyone can see who's coming. :thumbs:

Calendar entry here; please RSVP.

Edited by SteveR
updating # of places remaining (see edit history)

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FAQ

Q1. What if it rains?

A1. Ensure your windows are closed to avoid getting wet. Drive a little slower; traction will be reduced. ;)

Q2. Will there be any tuition available?

A2. A full safety/rules briefing will be given, so no track-day tuition is necessary for even a beginner to track their car safely.

Q3. Insurance?

A3. The track have full liabilty insurance for any mistake THEY make. I am told that minor damage YOU may cause to armco/walls/buildings, they 'accept' as a fact of life and let it go. However you are NOT covered for any damage YOU cause to your car or anyone else's; if this concerns you, the track recommend "Competition Car Insurance" as apparently they know the track well and usually offer a good price.

Q4. Passengers?

A4. Are allowed; they must meet the same requirements are drivers (bar the driving license), have a helmet and must also sign the indemnity form. Passengers must be 12 or over, and there is a height limit; they still don't seem too sure what that height is, however.

Q5. Alcohol allowed on site? (e.g. for those only spectating)

A5. No. A strict ban is in place.

Q6. Are cameras allowed in the cars?

A6. Yes but they must be SECURE. No hand-helds; proper camera mounts or permenant installations, only.

Q7. Is a (full) EU driving license ok?

A7. Yes.

Q8. How is the noise limit tested?

A8. Drive-by, not sure what distance.

Q9. What spec/regulation(s) do helmets need to meet?

A9. Helmets won't be inspected :rlol:

More seriously, the track will allow anything that YOU think is up to the job of protecting your head in the event of a crash. Obvious sub-standard kit won't be allowed; skiiing/BMX helmets and the like for example. Overall it is YOUR responsibility to ensure YOUR headgear is up to the job. Helmets can be hired on the day for a small fee.

7Z1ZbLwblaI -K8kSVe8gYw

Edited by SteveR
removing info pack after event (see edit history)

PAID UP Participants:

01. SteveR - Supra

02. Ian R - Supra

03. cheekymonkey - Supra

04. M5W TT - Supra

05. Ryan.G - MR2

06: Duncan - 328i (NB: was Gaz1)

07. Muffleman - TBD: Supra or Skyline R32

08. JamieP - Supra

09. Jake - M3

10. Ponty Boy - Supra (NB: Was HJM)

11: downimpact - Supra

12. JustGav - Supra

13. jaymdee - Supra

14. vvteye - Supra

15. broome - 200SX (NB: was Pixelfill)

16. Trig - Supra

17. Henk - Supra

18. Ark - Supra

19. hogmaw - Supra

20. TNT - Supra

21. b'have - Supra

22. Firestorm - Supra (NB: was Wez)

23. Pig - Supra

24. AlexM - Supra

25. lockys96 - MR2

26. Rich8v - Supra

27. Tim_B - RX7

28. Chris Wilson - Zeus

29. Scooter - Supra

30. Fearless - Supra

31. Bignum - Supra

32. Dave F - Supra

33. 'Mrs Ark' - Impreza WRX

34. rossotron - mkIII Supra (NB: Was SimonGTR)

35. Pete - Supra

36. rush - Supra

37. AndyBandit - Impreza WRX STi

38. Sevenman - 290bhp SAAB 9000

39. Little num - Supra

40. Genesis - 2.9 Sierra

Reserves: (will be consulted when the above list is full but someone drops out)

Spectators:

01. Homer + 1

02. Tom S

03. Mawby

04. mr lover +2

05. Jazzy

NB: There is no need to list EVERY attendee, just forum members; whether spectating or participating, passengers don't need to be listed.

Edited by SteveR
Updating attendees (see edit history)

Add your name to the "PAID" list :cool:
Just a suggestion, from previous experience; wouldn't it be better if you added the names of the people that have actually paid to Post #3 rather than folks keep adding their names to an increasingly boring and confusing list with guys keep missing each other out and suchlike?

Just a suggestion like. :shrug:

Great work though Steve. Thanks very much for your hard work so far - I'm sure you've got lots more to come! (more than you probably realise ATM)

Just a suggestion, from previous experience; wouldn't it be better if you added the names of the people that have actually paid to Post #3 rather than folks keep adding their names to an increasingly boring and confusing list with guys keep missing each other out and suchlike?

Just a suggestion like. :shrug:

EDIT (changed my mind already) - good point, let's do that. :thumbs:

Great work though Steve. Thanks very much for your hard work so far - I'm sure you've got lots more to come! (more than you probably realise ATM)

I'm a project manager; organising is in my blood; bring it on lol :D

Thanks for the thanks. Can't wait to show you how awesome the Supra is now I've had it geo'd -I take it you're up for a passenger lap (and tracking the CSL?) :)

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

Paid :)

Any idea how strict they are about helmets though? I already have a perfectly good helmet (a motorbike one) that was fine for Castle Combe...

Same here, but apparently they insist on car-specific "approved" helmets. I'll get details of the standard(s) they want them to meet in the next couple of weeks (when the key chief marshal is about) and will post them up. For £20, hiring one isn't a bad backup plan.

How do we pay if we're not slaves to ebay's evil-empire in the form of paypal?

Hmm I shall ask in the events mod section if we can pay via bank transfer somehow...

Here we go:

OPTION 1: It is preferable for people to pay by PayPal - it's easier to track and it shows up instantly.

OPTION 2: Cheques are the next easiest to track.

OPTION 3: Then Bank Transfer as a final resort.

Whatever you do, MAKE SURE you put the required reference and PM me the info I ask for above. :thumbs:

Payments by Cheque

Please make cheques payable to "The mkiv Supra Owners Club" and send them to...

mkiv Supra Owners Club

PO Box 3322

Littlehampton

BN16 9EQ

Please remember to put your membership name (forum login ID) and a return address on the back of the cheque otherwise we may not be able to match it to your account.

Direct Money Transfer

You can pay directly in to the club bank account. Please note you must ensure you enter your mkiv Supra Owners Club login name AND "Llandow" as the reference for the transfer (e.g. SteveR Llandow). If this is not done we have no way of knowing who has paid and you will forfeit your payment as there is no other means of tracking your payment. It is also essential that you contact Homer when you have made the payment so we know to look out for it. The bank details are as follows:

REMOVED POST EVENT

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

Could you please find out more details on the noise limit test. I'm not sure but i might be able to pass this if the test is done when the car is turned off ;)

Is it a stand 1m behind car and rev to 4k? (is it 4k) and do they have a drive by test that i would need to lift off for?

Thanks

Jon

Could you please find out more details on the noise limit test. I'm not sure but i might be able to pass this if the test is done when the car is turned off ;)

Is it a stand 1m behind car and rev to 4k? (is it 4k) and do they have a drive by test that i would need to lift off for?

Thanks

Jon

Hiya Jon,

I will ask, but I suspect they won't be keen on us doing anything to try and get round the limit; it's a family run setup in a small rural community - I think the spirit of the "absolute limit" is just that; if your car makes more than 105dB [at any point] it's too loud for the track/local community.

The 'Ring has a 95dB limit; as do most UK tracks unless they run a 'noisey day' at ~102dB. 105dB is vvvvvvvvvvvverrrrrrrrrrrry loud (a +3dB difference is a doubling in energy).

I'll ask how they measure it and you can take to from there; I'm sure there will be ways of getting your car quieter if needs be; either temporarily or more permenantly (I'm going to plumb my wastegate back into the exahust and then into a custom silencer - but then I need it to be

Hiya Jon,

I will ask, but I suspect they won't be keen on us doing anything to try and get round the limit; it's a family run setup in a small rural community - I think the spirit of the "absolute limit" is just that; if your car makes more than 105dB [at any point] it's too loud for the track/local community.

The 'Ring has a 95dB limit; as do most UK tracks unless they run a 'noisey day' at ~102dB. 105dB is vvvvvvvvvvvverrrrrrrrrrrry loud (a +3dB difference is a doubling in energy).

I'll ask how they measure it and you can take to from there; I'm sure there will be ways of getting your car quieter if needs be; either temporarily or more permenantly (I'm going to plumb my wastegate back into the exahust and then into a custom silencer - but then I need it to be

I am saving for a setup like charlie and wez but dont know if i will have it done this season or not. I fitted an apexi butterfly valve into the exhaust but it doesnt really do much. (would help for a static test)

Im pretty dam sure that as soon as i got on the track and opened up i would be sent off with any noise limit.

Will make my way to the drawing board and get a break down of costs.

I am saving for a setup like charlie and wez but dont know if i will have it done this season or not. I fitted an apexi butterfly valve into the exhaust but it doesnt really do much. (would help for a static test)

Im pretty dam sure that as soon as i got on the track and opened up i would be sent off with any noise limit.

Will make my way to the drawing board and get a break down of costs.

I'm expecting ITRO £350 to over what I plan to have done. :)

Steve if you clear some space I can PM you the details :D

edit: pm'ed as well. ;)

username: M5W TT

PayPal reference: #1F915536WY2615917

Driver's name: Michael Simon Ward

Make/model: Toyota Supra

Vehicle registration: M5W TT

Basic vehicle specification: BPU Supra

Driver's approx track experience: None

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Steve if you clear some space I can PM you the details :D

Ditto :)

username: Ryan.g

PayPal reference: #1EL153866D8163615

Driver's name: Ryan Griffiths

Make/model: Formula 27

Vehicle registration: VU02UVV

Basic vehicle specification: Single turbo Eater :D

Driver's approx track experience: F1 :innocent: amateur

Payment sent, will PM details later mate. My concern is noise, so I will register the Supra but may have to change it to the Skyline nearer the date. Not sure how i will test for noiselevel with the wastegate open, but I'll sort something out ;)

Looking forward to this Steve :)

Money sent and pm'd details:)

For 10 days (until 7th June) this opportunity is only open to paid-up members of mkivSupra.net who drive Supras - only.

For 1 month after that (7th June -> 7th July), this opportunity is open to paid-up members of mkivSupra.net in any car.

Some people :shrug: :p

Shouldn't be an issue - I can't imagine we'll fill all 40 places with Supras.

Steve,

Definately up for this, possibly both cars (Supra & MR2). Can't pay until weekend as off site and can't do banking stuff where I am. Please reserve me at least the Supra place

cheers

I can't go reserving places mate as (I said I wouldn't, and) it'll just get too personal - not to mention extremely tricky to manage. I'm sure there will still be places on Saturday, but if not I'll organise ANOTHER track day, how's that for a guarantee? :D

Some people :shrug: :p

Shouldn't be an issue - I can't imagine we'll fill all 40 places with Supras.

I never read anything properly, sorry:d no probs if we get more than 40 supras i dont mind stepping down and i will gift my payment to the the 40th supra:)