The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 Toyota Supra VVTi Twin Turbo in RSP Blue - Stunning!

Loomie

So after almost 2 years of ownership I’m regrettably putting my much loved Supra up for sale after not being able to get much use out of it. Driving in London means that speedbumps are a constant annoyance and after having the front lip repaired twice already and feeling tangible pain every time it or the exhaust scrapes, I’ve found myself using it less and less. To this end, I’ve made the decision to let it go to a new owner who'll be able to give it the use it deserves without the pains of speedbumps on every second road as it is where I live!

The car was imported by the guys at JM Imports and arrived in the country in Aug 2015 where it was registered with myself as the first owner in the UK. I was very particular in the car that I wanted and searched for a long time before settling on this one from JM Imports.

It is a 1998 Twin Turbo Manual 6 speed with a v161 gearbox with just the right amount of modifications to allow it to perform without going too crazy as per the spec list below. It currently has around 112,500 kilometres in use which puts it at 69.9k in Miles as mileage - very low mileage for a 19 year old car.

The car looks absolutely stunning in the best colour the supra is available in (in my opinion) - RSP Blue.

Exterior & Suspension

- Ridox bodykit on the front and side with Ridox spats on the rear

- TRD Rear Wing with a real Carbon Fibre Blade

- HKS Coilovers & TRD front strut brace

- 18" Yokohama AVS Model 7 wheels in a dark charcoal colour, with Uniroyal Rainsports(great reviews in the dry and wet) with plenty of tread all around. 10.5" on the rear and 9.5" on the front.

- Facelift headlights with 6300k HID bulbs and ballasts for dipped beam, full beam and side lights for uniform colours – slight mishap in resealing the headlights in the oven have left a bubble on one corner of the drivers headlight and a slight one on the passengers so you may want to replace these.

- Clear indicators

Everything about the car is sleek and sexy with the additions complementing the curves of the standard shape perfectly. I've owned some really nice cars, but none have received as much attention as the Supra does; she really is absolutely stunning. The car originally came with a very aggressive Varis front bonnet but I had this changed back to the standard which was definitely an improvement. The car really needs to be seen to be appreciated - everything about her is stunning. She’s a 19 year old car and there may be the odd blemish but generally she’s in damn good condition. The front lip has been freshly repaired and all 4 wheels are freshly refurbed so not a scratch on them.

The interior was in brilliant condition and just needed some slight tweaks to make her perfec

Interior

- 3 Defi Gauges relocated from the side of the dash to the driver a pillar

- Existing holes professionally filled (slightly noticeable due to the difference in texture)

- Swapped out the mismatched bucket seats with a pair of amazing condition (and expensive) Recaro's from a Megane Sport

- Replaced all bulbs with white LED's to make the lighting consistent throughout.

- Gearstick and handbrake gaiters replaced with alcantara versions

- Gearknob replaced with a genuine Carbon Fibre item

- Footwell lighting upgraded with LED Lighting

- Nardi Steering Wheel

- Moman Plasma Glow Dials in Blue, White and black with TRD logo

The interior is in great condition – there were some stickers in certain places which I removed leaving slight residue but other than that, considering the age of the car it’s in brilliant condition. The carpet is the black facelift version and it still has the original mats in pretty decent condition. The gauges mounted on the A pillar could have been done a bit better and I have a spare a pillar trim for the next owner to get this right as I haven’t had the time. Also, I’ve added some sticky back Velcro net pouches on the back of the seats to give a little more storage room but this can be removed or kept by the next owner.

Being a bit of an audiophile a good week was spent removing the interior and removing the old sound system to be replaced with new equipment from the front to the back.

In-car Audio

- Fully sound proofed from the front to the back, the boot and both doors to decrease road noise and improve sound environment. Used lighter weight sound proofing to minimise weight.

- New wiring was routed including 4gauge power from front to back, 4 gauge earth

- 3 pairs of kicker RCA’s; one for the Fronts, one for the subwoofer and a spare pair in case I wanted rear fill speakers.

- A new remote wire

- New sound amplification in the form of a 4 channel Audison amplifier to power the front end

- A new Pioneer 1000w RMS amplifier to power the subwoofer

- A Pair of Focal K2 Power component speakers in the front – absolutely amazing speakers with brilliant clarity, sound stage, audio reproduction and volume

- A precision power 10inch subwoofer in the boot in a sealed box for the low end allowing tight control and deep bass without rattling the car to pieces

- A bass control dial mounted in the driver side footwell to adjust subwoofer volume to preference.

- A brilliant AVH-x8700BT widescreen headunit

The set up provides the perfect balance of volume and quality and the right about of bass to suit my music tastes and I’ve never had any complaints from anyone who’s heard it – considering the environment the car sounds amazing for when you’re not enjoying the exhaust note. The headunit is brilliant and has pretty much every connectivity option you’d ever need and connects flawlessly to most iPhones and Android devices seamlessly.

Finally on to the engine; and what an engine it is. Other than an ignition coil and a master/slave cylinder for the clutch, the engine hasnt missed a beat - its been rock solid without any issues and drives smooth and clean. Its got amazing pulling power from low down and a real noticeable thump as each turbo kicks in giving you vast reserves of power – I’ve never been left wanting and this is after owning a v10 500bhp M5 as my last car! She’s been maintained meticulously with all fluids in great condition with top ups or refreshes as required including filters etc. She came from Japan with a very thick wedge of paperwork and service receipts albeit in Japanese for anyone who has access to the requisite linguistic skills.

The bad bits…

- The ABS, engine management and trac control lights are on. This started when the sound system was fitted from fiddling around behind the dash somewhere so probably a quick fix for someone who knows whats what. It hasn’t affected the performance of the car one bit however.

- The headlights were a bit steamy in the winter so I tried to reseal them in the over and there’s a slight burn on the drivers side and very small and much less noticeable burn on the passenger headlight

- The central locking locks but the key is needed to unlock, started recently but no idea why. I have a new control module for this which will go with the car.

- The sideskirts have a few scratches on the underside from those bloody speedbumps but you really can’t see it unless you’re looking under the car.

The original car spec list as from JM Imports is as below with some minor additions/tweaks where required…

Engine spec

- 3.0 2JZ GTE VVTI

- HHS air filter

- Uprated radiator cap

- Uprated Koyorad radiator

- HKS intercooler

- HKS piping kit

- Uprate top rad hose

- Blitz BOV

- Aftermarket Kakimoto titanium tip exhaust system

- Decat pipe

- Uprated fuel pump

Drive train & suspension

- V161 Gearbox

- HKS coilovers

- OEM big spec brakes

- Uprated front and rear pads with endless competition pads

Interior & electronics

- Renault Megane sport Recaro front seats

- Nardi steering wheel

- X3 pillar mounted Defi gauges

- Defi controller

- Apexi controller

- Electric folding mirrors

- Moman glow dials

- Carbon fibre gearknob

For the full JM Imports spec and ad: http://jm-imports.co.uk/index.php/1998-toyota-supra-rz-vvti-400ps-6-speed-manual-3/

I’ve been looking at the best price to sell it for and considering the excellent condition, the colour, the gearbox, low mileage and it being a 1998 facelift model I’m looking to sell her for £SOLD.

The car is kept at my home in Seven Kings, Essex so get in contact if you’d like to view – I’d be happy to answer any questions and can take you for a drive in it but I won’t be entertaining any requests for test drives without the proper insurance in place.

I’m sure there are plenty of things that I’ve forgotten so feel free to ask any questions. It’s a sad day to be putting this up for sale but I’m keen to see it go to the right owner. Pics below...

Thanks,

Loomie.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218596[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218597[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218598[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218599[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218600[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218601[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218602[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218603[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218604[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218605[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218606[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218607[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218608[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218609[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218610[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218611[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218612[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218613[/ATTACH]

SPG I think I passed up your current RSP (Dan Dans dads car?) because it though it was a little pricey at the time.......opps my bad!!

You're correct mate, it was DanDans Dads old car, nice bloke.

This car looks very nice also.

Had no reply to PM, cash is waiting if the car fits the bill :)

Sorry Littler - i havent had any PMs from you. Not sure where that went wrong. I'll try and send you one now. Been a bit busy the last week so haven't had a chance to pop on. Apologies, if its a mistake on my side.

Loomie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.