The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bought myself a present :)

dr_jekyll

been working hard latley so i thaught i deserved a bonus . had search around the web and found this being sold nice and cheap for spares or reapair and as i miss my black one i thaught id indulge .

here she is

attachment.php?attachmentid=141007&d=1319915697

attachment.php?attachmentid=141008&d=1319915766

its the 4.0 na v8 290 bhp . these thing are simply bliss to drive and ive allways had a weekness for them .

this one was spares of repair and will need a fair bit of work to be road worthy, though this didnt stop me thrashing it the 400 miles from glasgow to bristol. if id know what i now know after digging into it i would have put it on a trailer ( death trap ) but with a bit of time and love itle be a stunner .

i know they are not everybodys cup of tea but i think they are the dangleys . for anybody thats interested ill post pics when its doen. fo those who dont care get off my thread .

:) ;)

thanks guys. it needs the footwells plated and welded up. needs two fron wishbones they are literally hanging off. front discs, front pads, front calipers, 4 tyres , new left exhuast bank. new thermostat , posible replacement vvt units, new wheels and a small amount of cosmetic work at the back...

apart from that its a minter :p

I love Jag XKs, they only get better looking with age, especially a fairly basic looking one as yours :cool: (IMO these look nicer in their basic, early form. The later big wheels and spoilers ruin the look a bit)

I have a serious itch for one of these or an 840ci, will be keeping a keen eye out.

Any spare cash to buy yourself a dictionary?

Of all the threads on here that are full of awful spelling, you could have picked a better example. Although punctuation could be questioned if we wanted to be picky...!!

Craig, these are lovely cars. Hard work to keep roadworthy and prone to engine & suspension problems according to Dannosupra (ex Jag mechanic). They are a lot of car for very little money if you are handy with a spanner like you are.

H.

Of all the threads on here that are full of awful spelling, you could have picked a better example. Although punctuation could be questioned if we wanted to be picky...!!

Craig, these are lovely cars. Hard work to keep roadworthy and prone to engine & suspension problems according to Dannosupra (ex Jag mechanic). They are a lot of car for very little money if you are handy with a spanner like you are.

H.

first to admit my spelling and punctuation are shocking. but i stugle through life with it ;) ive had one of these before , they do have comon faults but they are ewasyily recified and futer proofed.

the front wishbones destroy the stock bushes but there is an uprated bush kit available that are far more robust. the second fualt was the timeing chain tesioners were plastic and prone to fail, jaguar changed the tesioners to steel on the later cars and theis chain kit fits straight on the older models so thats sorts that. some had nikosil probs in the 90s with the rubish fuel but that ship has saild. and finally they do hold moiture and rust in the footwells so are prone to rust uop. and the back arches hold water also .

the xkr is less reliable and not that impressive when you have a 500 bhp supra on hand . i bought this to roll about in a just look good. if i want to go fast ill unleash mr hyde :)

you can pick tidy examples of these up for around the 4k mark. this rough one cost less than half that . fuel is not great . on the motorway its pretty good as they are very long geard. 100mph is at 3000rpm. but this s ruind the second you come to a town, it really drinks .

parts are fairly expensive but no more so than supra parts id say.

When I bought my first Supra over 4 years ago it was a toss up between it and a red XK8.

In retrospect and much more knowledge I made the right choice.

I still want one though :innocent:

Beautiful motors.

they are not as well made mechanicly as a supra imho. but interior thers no competition.

if i could only have 1?....... supra every time