Wez Track Supra

Wez

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you feel the stock spoiler will make any difference? I have no spoiler holes on the new one, and I'm loathed to drill any.

I dont think it will make much difference, with decent tyres the rear is normally quite planted, its easy for me to swap as I have a spare rear hatch with holes in ;)

The vids looked like it was quite a lively drive without the R888's :D It's amazing the difference a decent set of tyre's make

Looks better without the VS skirts, are you also removing the spats?

The difference is crazy, although it did make it fun and to be honest I thought they coped very well for what they cost in comparison :D

The spats should be going as well, I already have the stock rear trim to replace them.

Judging by the Porsche video you weren't doing to bad on them :D One more question Wes, were you short shifting coming out of the corners? Not sure if it's just the audio but it sounded like you were using a lot more of the rpm range on the staights. If you were short shifting, was that due to grip?

Judging by the Porsche video you weren't doing to bad on them :D One more question Wes, were you short shifting coming out of the corners? Not sure if it's just the audio but it sounded like you were using a lot more of the rpm range on the staights. If you were short shifting, was that due to grip?

If I was it prob wasn't intentional :D

• 2 months later...
20kg Weight Saving

Finished the doors today, they weighed in at 26kg each before we stripped them and once finished they are 16kg each, a nice 20kg weight saving :thumbs:

Sounds good Wez, now you need to drive it. ;)

Have you done them like Ryan's?

Very nice Wes, need to be careful closing those doors now :D

Do you have any track time booked this summer to test it out? Are you coming along to Pod too? I know it's not your thing, but with all the work that's gone into the car it'd be good to see what it can do down the 1/4 now :)

Very nice Wes, need to be careful closing those doors now :D

Do you have any track time booked this summer to test it out? Are you coming along to Pod too? I know it's not your thing, but with all the work that's gone into the car it'd be good to see what it can do down the 1/4 now :)

Sadly I cannot make pod but I am should be booking some more track time very shortly ;)

• 1 year later...
Any updates Wez? Can't wait to see this beast mate at a meet sometime soon.

Not really, I havent been on track for a while but did use it as a daily driver for a bit which was interesting :D

Funnily enough I was just looking at the MSV mailshot as there are trackdays at Brands and Snetterton next week going cheap but wouldn't want to risk it with my leaking diff :(

Not really, I havent been on track for a while but did use it as a daily driver for a bit which was interesting :D

Funnily enough I was just looking at the MSV mailshot as there are trackdays at Brands and Snetterton next week going cheap but wouldn't want to risk it with my leaking diff :(

How did it start leaking mate and what diff do you have?

Hi Mate,

Only just seen this thread on an off chance.

Didnt realise you had doors like on mine (Ryans ex)

I will be making some full carbon versions soon (they will be painted white to match the car)

They should be under 8kg each (maybe less) with perspex when done

If you are interested I will keep you updated.

Need to get the car Sub 1,200kg's :D