The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT74 High Compression Six Speed

Terminator

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was always my intention, that visually the car would stay the same, virtually stock except the OEM skirts and flares and the small front lip from Paul Whiffin. The 4" exhaust exit and the 295 rears are the only give away, until you hear it. I drew a line under using my stock UK wheels, as the rear tires could not cope with the torque. Judging by the comments and lack of interest in the car at POD (except when the bonnet was open), I achieved what I set out to do. It looks plain ordinary.

High revs are addictive as is the sound that goes with them. It was built for the revs so hopefully will last. It has covered over 5000 miles since the build and it hits peak revs every time I take it out.:D

I never use boost until the oil reaches 90 degrees. Pushing it hard sees oil temps of 110 degrees but never any higher, so still within the shear temperature of the oil. Water temps stay pretty much the same, thanks to the good ducting and the stock fan and shroud.

• 5 months later...
A very thoughtful and tasteful build, I like it :)

Thanks Chris and SupraHuman. It took a while to get there, I wanted it to look tasteful at least, when you hear it opinions change:eyebrows:. The thing it lacks is Chris Wilson suspension, but that is on list.

SupraHuman I have that 900bhp 3800 stall for your box.

I have not taken the car out yet this year. I am doing all the fluid changes and checking belts etc, emptying the fuel tank and putting in fresh juice to ensure Octane is as high as possible and putting on new boots before it hits the street.

Guest niteryder
Well seeming this thread has been bumped i thought id share this :)

Collin runs considerably high compression on his built 3 litre but as you would expect he can only run race fuel.

Hmmmmmm now I'm tempted to Turbo or Supercharge my Corvette so I can play with daddy ha ha

Revs to 9500 but has done 10k before :)

Was going to say that sounded very very familier. All Supras should be high reving. It sounds....... how can I put this............ BETTER!!

• 5 weeks later...
Power is addictive isnt it Phil? :)

Absolutely, I enjoy the buzz of a new power level, but rather than have one big hit, I enjoy a stepped approach, getting to the biggest hit in stages. As a power level starts to feel comfortable, its time to plan for the next level, feeding the addiction.

As for management I am 90% decided, but I am very interested to see how your car develops power. It was seeing your car in bits with all the parcels of parts sitting there ready to go, that made the adrenaline start. There was a real sense of excitement in the workshop. Seeing it in the flesh and hearing of the potential it has was too much, the addiction took over again.:D I have a special interest in your car, as you are going in the direction I originally planned, using a TH400.

I can't wait to hear your car fire up. If it is OK with you and Martin, I will take my new HD camera up to the workshop and get some video clips of the event.

No not really, just seeing SupraHuman's car in bits bought back all the memories and excitement of my build. My car has been on SORN all winter. I am just looking at options still, nothing wrong with the car as it stands, but there is so much potential, I want to get the best out of it. I am in no rush as I know I have great car, but it can be better.

Guest niteryder

The car just needs some one to use their magic mapping wand along with some bigger injectors to get the most out of it. The possible change of ecu is only being considered as AEM is now an 'older' technology.

Its awesome at the moment, but everyone knows there is so much more to come.

I feel its a waste to sit at a power level achievable with 'lesser' parts and costs... I think Phil is thinking along these lines also.

Its like buying a £500 shirt and not ironing it.....