The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jehovahs witnesses

Pete

Amazing people really.

There I am busy working on the Tiger, dirty, very scruffy listening to Ministry very loudly (industrial roar roar roar type singing about the devil and such like) when they decide to interrupt my day.

An older woman and her daughter. The amazing bit I find is that I must've been one of the most unapproachable people in my road in that state - yet they still come up smiling to have a conversation with me!

I was of course polite and said "it's not my bag the whole religion thing", and they still insisted they wanted to talk about natural disasters and whether I thought God would intervene.

I tried to explain it's Earths natural cycle but they didn't want to listen so I had to give up and send them on their way.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate of mine was plagued with them recently. He got into the habit of starting a conversation with them at the front door and would then say "Can you just hold on a minute?" and he'd go back and watch television for about 20 mins and then see if they were still there.....:D

I was once round there having a brew and he did it. I said what are you doing? He said "Saving some other poor b@stards ears".....:)

H.

Persistent beasts, I had a video intercom at a flat I once lived in, they used to come and talk to that for ages when I told them I had no legs and couldn't get to the door.

.....a little bit of wee actually came out then. Brilliant Michael, absolutely brilliant.

I bet you're a Jehovas worst nightmare! ;)

Recent Ministry or old?

Rio Grande, last album I think? It's more like their early stuff. The Dub version is the better of the pair.

Pete, try to convert them over to Kitcarism and give them a free copy of Build Your Own Sports Car for as Little as £250 and Race It!

:D

They did comment on it. "I like the colour" :rolleyes:

"...and whilst you're going about" pointing to the kit car "..erm..whatever you're doing, just spare it a few thoughts".

Hmmm...think about God, or concentrate on what I'm doing?

I think it was about that point the Ministry sample came on "I'm going to stick my cock up your nose".

I kept a pair talking for about 40 minutes, me arguing how science had 'proven' that god didn't exist. They eventually started claiming that their literature agreed with science in some weird far fetched way. I managed to make up a lot of scientists names and stories from scientific papers that I'd read that disproved what they were claiming. Eventually they said they had to be getting on! :rlol:

I love old Ministry. 'The Land of Rape and Honey' and 'The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste' are two of my fave records ever.

This one time, at band-camp, when I was in Vancouver, we were in a bar and this guy came up and said "Ministry. Cool band" while pointing at my t-shirt. I said thank, he commented on me being English, we got chatting about music and he said something about recording an album and, only after about ten minutes, did I realise the guy was the 'singer' from local band and another favourite of mine, Skinny Puppy. I felt such a plum when the penny dropped.

Anyhow, that'll interest no-one I expect.:blink:

PETE: I have some old Ministry side project vinyl. Would you be interested in any of it if I dig it all out? 1000 Homo DJs, Revolting Cocks etc etc....

PETE: I have some old Ministry side project vinyl. Would you be interested in any of it if I dig it all out? 1000 Homo DJs, Revolting Cocks etc etc....

I'm afraid I've not owned a record player in over 15 years.

I've got a Beers Steers and Queers and Linger Fickin' Good and I Supernaut on tape somewhere.

Just had a quick look on Torrent and it looks like filling in the blanks won't be too difficult.There was a fairly recent album too apparently, I'd no idea they were still producing.

I objected to a similar situation, only they turned up at 8.30am on a Saturday morning - a father and son combo.

Crack on with your religious clap trap but please don't expect me to be very engaging at that time of the the day.

I would've gone ballistic that time of the morning.

we got them all the time here. i don't mind if they left a card and said call them if you need to talk. but not to keep coming to the doorstep.

my mother used to work with the guy in charge locally and she told him that she was not interested so he told them not to call for many years :D

i don't have problem with people believing in religion. But i think anyone who does not allow blood transfusions (in majority cases) is not the thing i am interested in one bit.

Michael, made me laugh reading your way of getting to them :)

ja ne

Ian