The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Revival

Matt H

i think ro has a fairly large turbo go for something along the lines of a bl61 personally if i was going small i would go with a phr stage 1 kit with the tubular manifold awesome kit!!!!

I really do like my PHR 1. Totally agree Ro's car is awesome on boost and a really really good drivers car! I think Matt's words were "i'm S**T it" whilst on the test drive :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CoolsBlue

who cares matt! 98 aero tt, dont think about selling it and the lucky bum who'll get it dirt cheap, 98 aero!! keep it and enojy it until you get bored then cut your loss:)

who cares matt! 98 aero tt, dont think about selling it and the lucky bum who'll get it dirt cheap, 98 aero!! keep it and enojy it until you get bored then cut your loss:)

Thats kind of my point, a cat C is going to be worth feck all when it comes to resale. It's all well and good if Matt wants to keep his car forever, but thats unlikely.

dont think about selling it and the lucky bum who'll get it dirt cheap, 98 aero!!

No one would ever get it dirt cheap, if it was for sale, id prefer to have to keep it than let someone have a perfect condition car for cheap because the perfect chassis came with a label :blink:

Guest CoolsBlue

EXACTLY! when your done youll apprichiate it so much:) GOOD LUCK!

ps mite want to find a facelift wiring loom for the different indicators and lights etc:)

Make sure you document everything about the car Matt. You need some pictures of the before, the repair to the shell and pictures throughout. That way you will at least be able to allay some fears if you decide to sell.

Mike

yeah that, i'd even try and get some pics of the original damage sustained by the aerotop.

On the subject of Cat C's etc what would have been the outcome (recorded history wise) if this aerotop had been deemed economically repairable by the insurance company at the time and had been returned repaired to its then owner?

On the subject of Cat C's etc what would have been the outcome (recorded history wise) if this aerotop had been deemed economically repairable by the insurance company at the time and had been returned repaired to its then owner?

It's a legal requirment to declare the status to the insurance company and from my experience most insurance companies will not insure a cars that are declared write offs. I don't know if this has changed in the last few years, however every insurnace document I've seen has a line on it somewhere in the T&C's that "the vehicle has not been declared an insurance write off"

Matt, I don't agree with your reasoning, having Cat C will always impact resale value. I'd also recommend you check with your insurer before starting this project, you don't want to find out you can't get insurance for it.

Its all relevant at the end of the day, if money really isnt an issue for you then fook yeah go for it!!On the other hand if you are tight enough on the money and u think u might have to sell it quickly sometime in the near future then dont go for it...How many 98 6speed aerotops are there?? It will be an extremely rare car and still worth decent money even if it was a Cat C...