The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Upgrade Complete

mawby

Please let us know if you have any problems. Have a look around as there are loads of new features. Some still need to be set up properly but the main user ones are running.

Also, please note that we will be catching up with due memberships very soon. The first phase of this has been done already. If you are currently a paid up member and you find your account becomes marked as membership expired then please do not worry as it will only be temporary. If it stays like that for more than an hour then please contact a moderator.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks pretty good Lee are quite straightforward.

Good job well done :thumbs:

And some new smilies as well :D

One thing though, lose the snow!!!! :eek:

The snow is only there on the frontpage!

Well done to Mawby for his phenomenal work today getting the BBS upgraded and all the extra functionality in and working.

excellant mate, although the garage doesnt seem to work. I attached my pics and i cant see them and ive had look at oxy's cant see his....this where your all gonna tell me it me :blonde:
No mate, there is some funny php problem going on where it wont display thumbnails of jpegs that contain too much embeded information. We are still trying to fix it, but decided to release the garage hack anyway as there is a way around the problem. Simply load the picture in question into MS Paint, then save it. When you upload the newly saved file it should work. If not, save it as PNG and then back to JPEG. That definitely works. A PITA I know but I ran out of time to try and fix it before today.

And you were right :)

I've found the option to make the forum a nicer colour but can't seem to find anything to let me compress the length of replies so that each one doesn't take up the full screen despite being on 1280x

There seems to be far too much "decoration" for minimal content, no doubt it'll be a case of living with it or turning things off and going back to the dark ages with a forum that looks like it's on the Arpanet.

I'm sure all the new features are great and I'm not usually resistant to change but I can't help thinking the overall look is a step back to a "Playschool" format.

I'll be in a minority though so if this is how it is I'll have to find a way to deal with it :)

Is there any way to retain the old style as a user selected theme?

Can't say I'm too keen on this new layout with the avatars above the message and stuff :(

As previously discussed on the old forum none of the templates are upgradeable so we had to bin them. We are currently using the default templates that come with vbb3. We have made up some alternative colour schemes but haven't had the time it takes to design a completely new set of templates. But I will have a go at changing just this one though, but I don't promise anything.

Guest tdaxgav

Like it.....

Nicely done guys...

PS : I like the colour scheme as is... nice and simple *grin*

I would offer one of the 20 new Dual Xeon servers I've got, but sadly they aren't mine....

Gav

I thought the normal layout was err normal in vBB3 - the GTR board has it?

Likewise, having spent a bit of time on the GTR Register I was expecting it to look like that, ie not much different to before but with some new features, it's still a bit "free PHP forum" with the large text and icons aplenty but it's more scroll friendly than this :)

love the new style forum chaps :respekt:

For those who don't know, you can change the colour of the interface at the bottom of the page.

I'm using the light blue version. Looks great ;)

You'll have to thank Genna (tigger) for the colour schemes.

Also worth noting that the drop down at the bottom only changes it temporarily. If you want if changed permaently then you need to change it in your User CP. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/profile.php?do=editoptions