:( Blown Engine

rob wild

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not neccessarily dead :)

Reset the ECU first.

Take the plugs out before trying it again....just to check them over/clean them up.

Get a compression tester too...

Fingers crossed for you.

As alex has set.....take a look at the plugs as they could beheavily fouled, reset ECU, check everything is in order in the bay and have another try, fingers crossed for you mate

Sorry to hear this mate, worst bloody nightmare!!!:(

Sorry for sounding stoopid (turbo newbie talking) but what is/are tps and fpr? And where can I find them so that I can check their health?:search:

Reading this thread has got me all twitchy!!

FPR - Fuel Presure Regulator

Title says it all really, but its where people tend to plumb in boost gauges and boost controller source feeds as recommended by some of the manufacturers.

TPS - I think is throtle position sensor??

Sorry to hear this Rob. Weren't you planning on stripping it all down over winter anyway ?

Im sure it will be fine though. :)

I was considering that before my house sale collapsed and i lost money :(

The strip down process has started :) just in the process of a compression test. Will report shortly :)

Cheers for the support guys :)

i know exactly how you feel mate, just done the same to my daily drive, weekend worrior and well practicaly my life:( (aka the mini) i am taking it on the chin and moving on, thats why i find my self in the land of supra's well almost...been back stabbed by loan company..but thats another story:Pling:

good luck, with the motor mate ,hope its not as terminal as mine:(

Ok not done the compression test had to go out but go the plugs out and Not good! no. 6 plug is full off oil :( Its either one of two things a really bad leak from the top of the engine and oil was down the plug whole or oil getting past the piston rings i.e. fooked engine :(

Will update tomorrow :)

Ok not done the compression test had to go out but go the plugs out and Not good! no. 6 plug is full off oil :( Its either one of two things a really bad leak from the top of the engine and oil was down the plug whole or oil getting past the piston rings i.e. fooked engine :(

Will update tomorrow :)

:( :( :(

What state was the plug tip in, other than oily? Eroded in any way?

When i removed the plug Ian the problem was that there was Oil every where i.e. all over the top of the engine so im still not sure if it was on their before or after :(

Any News Rob ?

Cheers

-Ian-

Not yet matey been working today :( Going to do another compression test tomorrow :) So will know then really... Fingers crossed :)

Feeding the boost gauge out of the FPR is a bad idea, I've had mine pop off at some stage and got a big fright. Saw 16:1 at 1 bar for a few seconds, scary...

Yeah i know :( just a shame mines seems to be buggered :(