The mkiv Supra Owners Club

:( Blown Engine

rob wild

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIght update:

Final got a compression tester that was working :innocent: and the compression is as follows

1: 171 psi

2: 173 psi

3: 170 psi

4: 174 psi

5: 172 psi

6: 176 psi

Any comments? What do you think?

I Think they are ok?? Im sure Matt-Hs were a lot lower than that?:search:

I Think they are ok?? Im sure Matt-Hs were a lot lower than that?:search:

my compressions were alot higher than that from memory, apart from the No.2 piston which didnt have any compression at all. either way you havent blown a piston or anything which is good new matey :thumbs:

my compressions were alot higher than that from memory, apart from the No.2 piston which didnt have any compression at all. either way you havent blown a piston or anything which is good new matey :thumbs:

:blink::blink::blink::blink: Obviously i was wrong then, sorry:search:

Either way with doing these compression test the end result is sort off irrelevant as what you are looking for is consistence across all the cylinders so hopefully its something else which is less serious :D which will be a massive relief as this has been playing on my mind for last two weeks :(

:) Those comp test look good Rob no piston gone then looking like its nothing serious i Hope !!! what you doing ? new rocker gasket and new plugs, sort the pipe out,clean the oil up and start it again ??

Cheers

-Ian-

Yeah pretty much buddy :) will let you know shortly :)