raised bonnet look

Guest mk47

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll just point out that the scuttle/base of windscreen area is a high pressure region and you'll actually bugger up the engine bay airflow by opening it up like that. Plus if you crash you'll get the bonnet come through the windscreen and take your head off(if you ever wondered what those metal hooks were for back there it's to stop just that).

Mind you fibreglass explodes at the merest tap so hopefully that'll save you ;)

-Ian

Guest Nicholas
you dont know what type of 19" wheels i am holding out on do you? i think you would want some if they still made them just looking for a second hand set :) and i bought a N/A yeah fair play but the roof comes off :cool:

Nope I don't know and I don't care :) and no I wouldn't want any. Congratulations on the roof :)

Because the way the air flows over the bonnet will change as cold air will be sucked straight out the back? The TRD bonnet underwent testing to make sure it collects air to help get heat out from the warmer parts of the engine bay, hence the position of the holes. It seems to me that raising the TRD would undermine these effects. I may be wrong and I await a flaming but thats my outlook on it.

Hmmm I would have thought if you raised the back surely the hot air from the engine which would be rising would be carried via the flow of the air from the front vents to the back where it could escape easily? :search:

I'll just point out that the scuttle/base of windscreen area is a high pressure region and you'll actually bugger up the engine bay airflow by opening it up like that. Plus if you crash you'll get the bonnet come through the windscreen and take your head off(if you ever wondered what those metal hooks were for back there it's to stop just that).

-Ian

Cool! :D

-Ian

Beat me to it Ian :D

The region of high pressure extends from the bottom of the windscreen in an arc approx 1/2 the vertical height of the windscreen.

So this means from the scuttle panel forwards down the bonnet about 20 to 30 cm.

The high pressure region will cause air to enter the rear of the bonnet and flow the wrong way in the engine bay (from back to front) preventing air flowing from front to back.

-Ian

Beat me to it Ian :D

The region of high pressure extends from the bottom of the windscreen in an arc approx 1/2 the vertical height of the windscreen.

So this means from the scuttle panel forwards down the bonnet about 20 to 30 cm.

The high pressure region will cause air to enter the rear of the bonnet and flow the wrong way in the engine bay (from back to front) preventing air flowing from front to back.

But hey, that doesn't matter so long as it looks good. ;) :D

Define "work" :blink:

-Ian

With the smaller vent at the front, the raised section of the bonnet is designed to get a laminar flow of air across the engine bay and out the back - but if it's a high pressure area by the windscreen, the air flow won't actually get out the back; effectively making it an expensive hinderance.

Right or wrong?