The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is there any n/a's on here with over 300bhp?????

Guest scotthks

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Scott or as we know him the 'annoyingly fast one':)

I have had many Duel carridgway drags with Scott (only up to the speed limit you see;)) But he wont go away untill 100ish:blink:

And before you say, my cars not slow:p its a UK so is a fair bit heavyer but running at 1.4bar should dispense with him quickly, and its not all in the gear changes either as were both Autos!

Would be interested to know whats been done cause hes making us look slow:)

Guys, remember until a 2jz-gte comes onto to boost, it is a very BADLY setup NA due to the fact that is running a lower compression ratio. Once on boost it is a different matter.

We are on boost along time before 100 leptons.

Do you mean thats where the supra shines?

Think we need to challenge another n/a.

What are the results you have had with other n/s'a scott?

Guys, remember until a 2jz-gte comes onto to boost, it is a very BADLY setup NA due to the fact that is running a lower compression ratio. Once on boost it is a different matter.

Which is where Nitrous is an advantage to increase the exhaust gas volume and get the turbo's spinning sooner. A system that switches off at a set boost figure would conserve the gas too :D

i raced that blue one on the way back from chippenham an left him,and i raced the facelift with 251 and stuck on him,really need to find another decent n/a

Are you sure you raced Adam? From Nailsea? His car had been in Protech being 'repaired' for quqite a while now. I believe the 8.5 rev limit has taken its toll on the bottom end and the rings are fried causing it to smoke like a train!

Bring the car up to me, Ill have a look over it and see what its got.. If it really is as fast as a TT up to 100, there are a few thousand people that would buy the conversion... :D

Just my opinion.

If you want to get good beans out of a NA supra then NOS is the cheapest option. Buy a set of ARP bolts to keep things together and some none blowable head gaskets and voila job done. Wizards Of NOS do their latest progressive controller for £600. So in theory under £1k gets you NOS. As a rule on brit roads we are stuck up slower vehicles rear ends so NOS is a good bhp option. It's not like the old systems I used to run where it was either off or on.

Also worth noting that on a Turbo'd car you won't need anywhere as much NOS to get the same effects. Due to the fact it cools the charge gases. So 25hp shot of NOS on turbo is = too 75hp shot of NOS on a N/A engine.

I'm bunging a 200bhp shot plus the ARP's & Italian none blowable head gaskets on my car so I will let you know what happens. I will only be running NOS on the strip though not on the roads so it doesn't need to be declared on my insurance (already checked).

I've been running a very fast turbo'd car (Celica GT4 ST185). She's kicking out over 300bhp at the moment and all I can say is Turbo's are brittle and expensive things. Better off with a supercharger conversion, at least that gets rid of the dreaded lag.

Cheers,

Tone

Carefull;) People would be better if you stopped with the text speak. It does do peoples heads in.

Anyway, back on topic:) If you could find out all the mods that have been done and post some pics that would be great. Anything to see how to squeeze just a few more horses out:)