The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra retrim di it yourself

brians25

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive spoken to the guy on a couple of occasions, apparently they are perfect fit, not real leather as it says but look as good, they order in from australia and do them for many models such as fto etc, he's a nice guy and has some stock says hes a member on here!

edit:

didnt see second page, hi rice rocket

andy

Guest chrismtaylorsup

hi all i bought some of these for my fto , they are very good only problem is fitting , its a bas;'''@ED tuck me 6 hours, but when all done very worth while , takes a week or so for any lines to stretch out of the seats where its been folded but worth ever pennie.:D

Ive spoken to the guy on a couple of occasions, apparently they are perfect fit, not real leather as it says but look as good, they order in from australia and do them for many models such as fto etc, he's a nice guy and has some stock says hes a member on here!

edit:

didnt see second page, hi rice rocket

andy

hi Andy, just want to clarify I doubt very much that I would have said they are a perfect fit, however I would say that from the photos you can see they are a very tight fit. I am a very honest ebayer as you will see from my feedback, and the word "perfect fit" could be construed as something different, however the proof will be when the other members receive their kits and can give an honest unbiased opinion, but I think they`ll be really happy

hi Andy, just want to clarify I doubt very much that I would have said they are a perfect fit, however I would say that from the photos you can see they are a very tight fit. I am a very honest ebayer as you will see from my feedback, and the word "perfect fit" could be construed as something different, however the proof will be when the other members receive their kits and can give an honest unbiased opinion, but I think they`ll be really happy

They look to good to be true no offence. If they work, cream seats here i come!

hi guys, well as you all know i have ordered a set of the covers an will be givin a review of them when they arrive, i think they will be very good personally an can only say to all the flamers that they are prob gonna be pissed if we get all our seats retrimmed for under 300 quid whilst they have paid over 1500, it remains to be seen, so lets just wait an see

hi guys, well as you all know i have ordered a set of the covers an will be givin a review of them when they arrive, i think they will be very good personally an can only say to all the flamers that they are prob gonna be pissed if we get all our seats retrimmed for under 300 quid whilst they have paid over 1500, it remains to be seen, so lets just wait an see

1500????????? you pay for what you get am in no doubt that the fit will be good but am sorry the quality of the seats will not be!!!

Even if these seats are easy to fit and look fantastic, you will always get negative comments particually from those that feel threatened by the competition, thats life.

if ricerocket got the seat covers from the same supplier as they do for the FTOs I think these will be good, at least the FTOs' seat covers were pretty good

I have to be honest and say that I am the supplier of these covers, if I didnt tell you now someone will realise later on, i am a member on here as some of you will know, I even drive a Supra but they are that new I havent even got a set for my car, this is a new line we are doing hence no feedback on them yet, however as someone already previously pointed out we sell lots for the FTO of which we`ve sold over 200 sets to the owners club , we have just done 300zx and skyline, and GTO is on its way, and i have not had any complaints so far.

As for fitting instructions I am awaiting them so will email as soon as I have them, I am one of the official suppliers on the FTOOC for this and other products however a couple of the members already know me from one of the meets last :)year , and they no doubt will vouch for me

Thanks

Just a quick one chaps, i have searched the Internet for weeks for supra seat covers and these are just one set/type that you can get!

Had a chat with this guy and he seems very nice and helpful too and yes you can get these for under £300 but as he said he is the middle man... i looked on eBay in oz and you can get these over there for £158 but as yet they have not told me how much they will charge to post to the UK!?

Bloke in Devon does real leather for £395 + 50pp black or cream.

Place in the U.S does a real selection of fits and colours and materials worked out to be about £850 delivered half leather and half sued...hm mm tempted

And for you that do not know Leatherette is now used on almost all modern leather interiors but this is usually found on the sides and backs of the seats you have to look closely to notice a plus with this material is that it is hasn't tendency to sag like leather and is harder wearing ... but will not be as soft as leather.

A plus for the trimmers .... you will always get a better job done when its made to fit and guys take into consideration its not all about the cover you also have foam under them which will be about 14 years old and its this that gives you the support and shape that we all desire in our pride and joy!:amen:

Had this email today:

Supra has 2-3 different type of seats,

- MK4 seats; it is the ones in the pics. However, MK4 alone comes with 3 different seat style. 1) With detachable headrest, same as the pics. i do have the template for these. 2) One piece front top, no detachable headrest, exactly the same style of seats as before. I am currently getting the template for this. 3) Recaro sports bucket seats. I dont supply the retrims for this one. The seat has RECARO writing on it.

The gear and handbrake gaiters are available for all models.

Colour and stitching colour customisable

Just a quick one chaps, i have searched the Internet for weeks for supra seat covers and these are just one set/type that you can get!

Had a chat with this guy and he seems very nice and helpful too and yes you can get these for under £300 but as he said he is the middle man... i looked on eBay in oz and you can get these over there for £158 but as yet they have not told me how much they will charge to post to the UK!?

Bloke in Devon does real leather for £395 + 50pp black or cream.

Place in the U.S does a real selection of fits and colours and materials worked out to be about £850 delivered half leather and half sued...hm mm tempted

And for you that do not know Leatherette is now used on almost all modern leather interiors but this is usually found on the sides and backs of the seats you have to look closely to notice a plus with this material is that it is hasn't tendency to sag like leather and is harder wearing ... but will not be as soft as leather.

A plus for the trimmers .... you will always get a better job done when its made to fit and guys take into consideration its not all about the cover you also have foam under them which will be about 14 years old and its this that gives you the support and shape that we all desire in our pride and joy!:amen:

Many thanks for your comments, although I am a fully paid member on the forum I am aware of the forums stance on advertising etc so I really want to be careful on what I post, i will however say this:

I am the sole importer of these cover to the Uk and Europe, but as a middle man I do not make a lot of profit as you think I would, I am a wholesaler who relies on low profit per item but hopefully selling a greater volume. By the time you take shipping charges from the other side of the world, import duty and vat profits are low hence the price is more expensive.

I have sent a copy of your email to the supplier and this is the reply:

I have read the member comments about Aus price being cheaper, and also, apparently have sent an email/enquiry to me, which I have not received it yet.

Please make sure to mention that, the reason why the retrims are not the same price for UK is;

- International postage cost. I do have agreat deal between production to Aus, %75 discount. Unfortunately, the discount is not applicable to UK or any other location in the world. The discount significantly reduces the price of the retrims. Hence the postage timeframe is very short at 3-4 days via FedEx fastair trackable, it is not cheap. If the buyers are interested in slow shipping, we can reduce the postage cost significantly for UK, however, the postage timeframe will be raised to 4-6 weeks + customs clearance, etc.. Not a good way of doing things, by the time the retrims arrive, all the excitement will be gone.

- UK VAT and import duty , any item imported to UK has to pay VAT and import duty , this is not applicable to AUS, hence the price is already higher %27.5 for UK.

The selling price of the kits takes these extra costs into consideration and therefore you would not be able to buy cheaper from the same supplier, in fact it would cost more because of the lower price we have negotiated against volume, therefore we solely import them

I hope this clarifies any questions or queries you may have

For any one who's interested?

http://www.leatherseats.com/gallery.asp

We offer the following leather kits for your Supra:

100% vinyl kit.................................$579.00

Self-Explanatory

Deluxe leather kit..........................$679.00

Front row has full leather seating surface with vinyl sides and backs

Second row has leather inserts only with remainder in matching vinyl

Premium leather kit......................$799.00

Front row has full leather seating surface with vinyl sides and backs

Second row also has full leather seating surface with matching vinyl sides

100% leather kit……..................$1099.00

Self-Explanatory

The Deluxe kit is the best selling package that we have overall for this application followed closely by the Premium kit. We rarely sell the 100% leather or 100% vinyl packages, but they are there if you want to go that route. Typically the factory leather to matching vinyl ratio used in most Toyota vehicles is somewhere between our Premium packages. We feel that either the Deluxe or the Premium leather kit offer the most bang for your leather seat cover buying dollar. Let me know which kit you would be most interested in.

Shipping to the UK via USPS airmail would be $135.00.

I am glad that they do them for my style of seat. It may be worth an investment depending on the feedback that gets posted up.

Some people may want to spend more money to get their seats re-trimmed but at the end of the day it's all down to how deep your pockets are.

Hopefully; these will prove good enough for those who want the leather look but have a limited budget.

Looking foward to the feedback.