The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra retrim di it yourself

brians25

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i've seen the install instructions and thought the instructions arnt the best from the pics it doesnt look like too much effort if you take your time and the fit in the end looks pretty good. Not as good as a retrim but good enough that ill proberly get a set (got to be better than standard) :)

Had this email today:

Supra has 2-3 different type of seats,

- MK4 seats; it is the ones in the pics. However, MK4 alone comes with 3 different seat style. 1) With detachable headrest, same as the pics. i do have the template for these. 2) One piece front top, no detachable headrest, exactly the same style of seats as before. I am currently getting the template for this. 3) Recaro sports bucket seats. I dont supply the retrims for this one. The seat has RECARO writing on it.

The gear and handbrake gaiters are available for all models.

Colour and stitching colour customisable

There are only two types - the normal ones and the Recaro's. Anyone covering those £1600 Recaro's in this stuff needs shooting!

For any one who's interested?

http://www.leatherseats.com/gallery.asp

We offer the following leather kits for your Supra:

100% vinyl kit.................................$579.00

Self-Explanatory

Deluxe leather kit..........................$679.00

Front row has full leather seating surface with vinyl sides and backs

Second row has leather inserts only with remainder in matching vinyl

Premium leather kit......................$799.00

Front row has full leather seating surface with vinyl sides and backs

Second row also has full leather seating surface with matching vinyl sides

100% leather kit……..................$1099.00

Self-Explanatory

The Deluxe kit is the best selling package that we have overall for this application followed closely by the Premium kit. We rarely sell the 100% leather or 100% vinyl packages, but they are there if you want to go that route. Typically the factory leather to matching vinyl ratio used in most Toyota vehicles is somewhere between our Premium packages. We feel that either the Deluxe or the Premium leather kit offer the most bang for your leather seat cover buying dollar. Let me know which kit you would be most interested in.

Shipping to the UK via USPS airmail would be $135.00.

have used these guys twice before on my IS300, great service and prices.

have used these guys twice before on my IS300, great service and prices.

That's good to know i was a little worried that you are really taking a chance when buying from somewhere so far away, it not as if you can just pop down the road and get your money back....thanks a lot Fargo:D

Any pics?

That's good to know i was a little worried that you are really taking a chance when buying from somewhere so far away, it not as if you can just pop down the road and get your money back....thanks a lot Fargo:D

these were my first attempt at 'skinning' the seats so there are some bits not smoothed out..

101_0162small.jpg

headrest logo small.jpg

seats complete 1 small.jpg

seats complete 2 small.jpg

seats complete 3 small.jpg

the facelift seats are different homer. they have no removeable headrest

omg they remind me of some crazy 80's dress style off a pop video.

http://photo.sing365.com/music/picture.nsf/DJ-Jazzy-Jeff-The-Fresh-Prince-photo/48256C71003578A248256B87001D385B/$file/fresh.jpg

I agree with Supradibbs and not just because I am trimmer.

You get what you pay for.

And its all in the fitting.

With our stuff everything is always custom made to fit each individual seat.

To give you an idea,when a cover is made it will take Vinny a minimum of 6 hours to fit EACH seat! 6 HOURS to make sure its tight and clean and will last.

Good luck though but I do not understand people who will gladly splash out money on one thing then scrimp on another.

Guest CoolsBlue

i can get my front seats re trimmed for £40 for the front pair in any stlye in material..these are way to much for me to dish out on or full retrims thats cost like 500

We had a customer(BMW driver) who had been saying that he had found a trimmer who was much better than us and that his new interior was going to be miles better than anything we had ever done..We just laughed..

Then a little while later we had a begging visit from him saying that unfortunately his "trimmer" was unable to find the time to finish the job and could we do it??

He showed us what had been done..ie half a panel..He wanted a full job..

It turned out that his Gran was the trimmer..She had a go bless her but theres a big difference to sewing clothes and trimming seats..Wanker..hahahaha