The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hulk Hogan's Son in bad accident

Jason

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nasty one, let's hope both kids come out OK

If I had a supra when I was 17 I doubt that I'd be intact today. There should be a law restricting teenagers from the more powerful cars - hormones are running thick and fast, you think you're invincible.

It must be awful to be in Hulk's shoes right now...

Hope both kids come out of this ok and at least nobody else was involved.....

and looking at that video its incredible to see hogan is still a mountain of a man at his age!!!

I was only watching mtv on saturday when i saw 2 supra's. It was a tv program with his family. His son had a lovely green one and i think his dads was yellow. His son of 15 must be a massive supra nut as he was just taking it out to test some mods he had done.

Hope all are ok.

Tampa's CBS affiliate is reporting that witnesses are saying that Nick Hogan's Supra was racing a silver Dodge Viper right before the crash. However, police say it's too early to know for sure what led to the crash. Furthermore, Clearwater Police confirmed that Nick's injuries are non-life threatening. He's now at home recovering.

According to the grandmother of the passenger in Nick Hogan's wrecked car, he may have suffered brain damage due to the crash. Here is a report from NBC's Tampa affiliate:

Nick Hogan's Passenger, An Iraq Vet, May Have Brain Damage

By Stephen Thompson and Chris Echegaray, The Tampa Tribune

Published: August 27, 2007

The latest on SF is that Nick was wearing a seatbelt but the passenger wasn't.

According to his friends, he wasn't racing the Viper, it was his car being driven by a friend, they were in front of the Supra and came back after seeing smoke and dust in the rear view mirror.

They are all at the hospital supporting Johns family.

Heres the rest, im a fool

CLEARWATER - The passenger in the car wrecked by Hulk Hogan's son Sunday night returned from Iraq last year and may have suffered brain damage in the crash, his grandmother said this morning.

Speaking from Staten Island, Catherine Graziano said her grandson, John Graziano, 22, was with the U.S. Marines in Iraq.

Her son – Graziano's father, who lives in Dunedin – was nearly incoherent when he told her by telephone of Graziano's condition, she said. She remembered her son saying something to the effect of her grandson may have suffered brain damage.

"He said it doesn't look good," Catherine Graziano said. "He was very incoherent."

"To come home from Iraq and for this to happen," she said before bringing a telephone conversation with a Tampa Tribune reporter to a close. She said she had to work on getting a flight to Florida.

Graziano is in critical condition at Bayfront Medical Center. Meanwhile, Hogan's son, Nicholas Bollea, also known as Nick Hogan, 17, is not listed as a patient any longer at the hospital, a Bayfront spokeswoman said. He is presumed to have been released.

Graziano, whose local address is 1225 Curlew Road in Dunedin, was riding in the front passenger seat of a Toyota Supra driven by Bollea, Clearwater police said.

The Supra "inexplicably" left Court Street on Sunday at 8 p.m. and struck a tree in the median, destroying the car on impact, Clearwater police spokesman Wayne Shelor said. Both of the car's occupants had to be extricated.

"Everything that happened last night was because of excessive speed," Shelor said this morning. "When the car hit, it largely exploded or disintegrated."

No charges have been filed. The investigation into the wreck continues, Shelor said.

This is Bollea's second accident in as many years involving a sports car.

He was driving a yellow Lamborghini when it caught fire in Bay Harbor Islands in Miami in September, according to a report published in the Miami Herald. Bollea was driving the 2001 Lamborghini Diablo VT through a residential area, the report said.

The car caught fire as he was driving, but he got out before it burst into flames, the Herald reported last year.

Looks like the media backlash is in full flow, they have dragged up a speeding ticket to make it seem like he always drives too fast (which he might but the health of his pal is the important thing not a witch hunt).

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0827071hogan1.html

was cited earlier this month for speeding in a construction zone while workers were present. Nick Bollea, 17, was nabbed August 10 by Pinellas Park police after his 1998 Toyota was recorded going 82 mph in a 45 mph zone. He was also cited for failing to wear a seatbelt.

Not wearing a seatbelt? :shock:

This is really bad news, I hope they both come through it.

But can we please stop the age related comments, would you say the same about Lewis Hamilton? at the end of the day Nick has been around fast cars for years, Age really has nothing to do with it.

Age really has nothing to do with it.

MATURITY does.

It's a fact statistically you'd be more likely to have an accident as a teenager behind the wheel of a BHP monster than an older person.

As for Lewis Hamilton :rolleyes: - Yes he's good, a one off almost at his age (which is where your argument falls flat on its face), but I'm sick of hearing/reading his name! There's so many other talented UK drivers in motorsports which deserve credit but aren't getting a look thanks to media buzz.

This is really bad news, I hope they both come through it.

But can we please stop the age related comments, would you say the same about Lewis Hamilton? at the end of the day Nick has been around fast cars for years, Age really has nothing to do with it.

LH is 22, been racing karts since he was under 10, worked his way through the Formulas, races on race tracks which have an even & consistant amount of grip, no potholes, markings, traffic lights, street furniture, overbanding, service hole refills, man hole covers, diesel spills, old doris's, sunday drivers, the myopic, the MOT failure, the rep doing daft shit and they are all going the same way & there's only 21 of the best drivers in the world sharing the track with him.

Hundreds of thousands of kids want to be F1 drivers, only 7-8 or so make it every year. You couldn't have picked a worse example if you tried. I think you'll find most racers have crashes in their road cars too.