The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 Gunmetal VVTI 6 Speed Single Turbo

Kopite

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sound Performance T67 turbo with anti-surge ordered from Velocity Performance, engine bay getting all tarted up and colour coded better etc too. A stock head and a stock intake are being refitted after seeing the performance on a more stock car, the plenum is probably too big for a smaller turbo but the beast will still fly :) New air filter coming too to replace the current one :) Should be done in 3 weeks or so :D

Offers still welcome, got a couple at the min but nothing concrete :)

Updated - new 67 turbo came up a bargain :D Hoping Ryan will map on the 4th April :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Viney, i think the bumpers are in Envy's bodyshop but the last i heard they'd been damaged and not worth repairing :(

I don't think the suspension bushes have been done, i'll check the receipts when i'm back at home in a weeks time. The car does handle like a dream at the minute anyway :) Let me know if you want a viewing at anytime, mapping is scheduled for next week if the turbo's here from the states. After that it's off to get the wheels done :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MAPPED

Just spoke to Michel, him and Ryan have been sorting the car out road tuning since yesterday, mapped up to 1.3 bar and seems to be about 550bhp according to the arse dyno. Will be on the RR in a couple of weeks :)

It's a SP850GTW, same type as on my first UK car, SP67 with antisurge :) Michel's bringing it up in a bit for me to have a go in and see how it is, then it's going back to get the engine bay etc powdercoated and the wheels powdercoated :)

Enjoy chap, There is abit more to come when the front knock sensor gets replaced as it stopped me enabling the knock control due to the constant interference it was showing at the ecu. Not having this enabled means that i havn't pushed the timing to its full potential as had to take into account for any crap fuel or fueling issues.

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...
Enjoy chap, There is abit more to come when the front knock sensor gets replaced as it stopped me enabling the knock control due to the constant interference it was showing at the ecu. Not having this enabled means that i havn't pushed the timing to its full potential as had to take into account for any crap fuel or fueling issues.

Ryan

This is some car;) It sounds like a right beast.

I think we all hope it stays in the UK?

This is some car;) It sounds like a right beast.

I think we all hope it stays in the UK?

Should be on the dyno this Saturday :) still needs a tidy up but all should be done next week. It most likely will stay in the UK - Michel thinks i'll change my mind on selling it still :D With it being a 98, the import fees to go abroard are much higher :(

Car went on the Motoscope rolling road today, varying HP levels due to a leaky BOV - we're swapping this out for a Tial one instead now as the boost dropped when it leaked :( . Highest flywheel figure (didn't catch the RWHP on this run) was 540 @ 1.3 bar, had to dyno in 5th as in 4th there was too much wheel spin from the F1s, need some R888s for the dyno :D On another run it saw 500bhp by 5000rpm, quick enough on the road anyway :D The airfiler is a little restrictive too, there's an AEM one going on on Monday :)

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.