The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 Gunmetal VVTI 6 Speed Single Turbo

Kopite

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate, we've ditched the Q45 and fitted a UK manifold now. There's a idle control valve on, the stepper motor was on with the Q45.

OK I gotcha. No thoughts of going back to the vvti setup and keeping the drive by wire/knock response?

OK I gotcha. No thoughts of going back to the vvti setup and keeping the drive by wire/knock response?

The AEM controls the VVTi anyway and does utilise the knock monitor feature. Not really thought about going back to FBW, i've not got the stock VVTi intake anymore unfortunately :(

Sorry Ro, I meant going back to the vvti fly by wire throttle and the inbuilt det protection that gives you by automated throttle closing under det conditions....I just re-read my post and it wasn't clear.

Anyway, did you get it back on the rollers fully mapped with the new tubby on? I bet you she's flying now.

Hi mate, i can't remember if the AEM was compatible with the FBW.

Was on the rollers at 1.3 bar but had a leaking BOV, peak was 540bhp flywheel and about the same level of torque. That was with the map slightly rich as one of my knock sensors wasn't working. Changed the BOV out and new knock sensor, new O2 sensor also, leaned the map out since, definite improvement in power but not been on the RR since

• 1 month later...

Just bumping this thread as at first i was gonna keep the supra.... think i've changed my mind again though :D If someone offers a deal worth £17k still i'd sell it, it's running fine but will get it on the rollers again with Ryan hopefully to get a dyno print up after the BOV was leaking on the last session (changed since and re-roadmapped).

Reason for sale now? Corvette (and to frustrate Michel) :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.