The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 Gunmetal VVTI 6 Speed Single Turbo

Kopite

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ro was kind enough to collect some MR2 suspension struts for me and drop them into me on his way home to Liverpool (Cheers Ro :thumbs: )

Ro gave me a lift out in the Supra too :D

Of all the singles iv been in, it was the most impressive. Considering it has such a comparatively large turbo fitted, it spooled VERY quick! It was starting to get a little damp/icy on my private test track so he had to take it easy, but the grip was immense and the rush amazing!

That R34 Skyline never knew what passed it!!

Ro then took my mate out, and left him looking quite white and speechless - first person to do that in years!!!

To be honest mate I've no idea, too busy keeping the car pointing straight(ish) :D Gonna give another lad a spin out tomorrow, will try and get him to look at the boost gauge while I'm looking at the revs, if i can fix my laptop i'll do some logging too. Would be ok if the roads were ok, slippy as fook at the minute. Snake Pass in the fog and ice was fun at 11pm last night :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hiya mate :)

I may be looking for something in July/august time when I sell one of my houses. I may make you an offer if you still have the car.

I thought you would have sold it ages ago tbh. Shame you didnt uprate the internals, but not a prob running 400rwhp.

How much have you spent on the car since you had it if you dont mind me asking?

Paul.

Alright dude, long time no speak. Lol knowin your offers it'd be £3.50 :p Didn't bother with the internals as the stock engine has a lot of life left in it, just a tad under 60k miles with regular oil changes etc. The 400rwhp was with an air leak, it's waiting for a new crank sensor at the min, mine got a bit mucky with the undertray being cracked when it was last in the body shop, gonna add an Envy aliminium one afterwards to replace it. Waiting for Ibrar to give a price on a wheel and caliper refurb too :)

I went through a few months where i wasn't pushing the sale as it was driving so nicely, it definitely is for sale as I'm gonna save for a couple of years for another stupid fast car ;) Will tell you about that on msn :)

• 3 weeks later...

:lol: Nice pic dude :D

Update - car is off the road for a bit now, getting the engine bay all polished, wheels and calipers done, also downsizing the turbo to a Garret T04Z / GT35R or similar to help the driveability. The Recaros have been swapped for some mint electric black leathers from Jevansio's car.

Haha yeah the SP74 is a huge mother :D Probably looking for something that will be on full spin by 3000rpm, hopefully less with the VVTi helping. Still speaking to Michel about the options :)

yeh my mate on his r33 skyline running a 2.8 engine is getting over 1 bar by 3000 revs :D is an awsome road car especially with his sequential box ;)

I know, should be a lot more fun with quicker spool. Might go for a T61, weighing it up still. Just to add, price is negotiable, I'm looking at startin a new business and relocating soon so this Supra needs to be sold to let me move forward really! The move to V8 land will be a couple of years off now :(

Will consider a P/ex with a manual NA if that tempts anyone :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.