The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOTB 2007 - Entries need to be in

Ian C

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Gruggs, Suprash, can I have your real names please for organisational purposes, and have you filled in and sent your forms yet?

Steve, I'm assuming that's your real name :D Is your form in?

Gaz - what's this mysterious green car? :) And are your two entrance forms in?

Brian - do it, you only live once :)

-Ian

There must be some fast cars on here as I'm forever seeing threads about beating Lambos, Ferraris etc etc so those Supes are still going to put in a respectable performance. So what gives?

Amen to that, with effing bells on.

Perhaps the spirited driving chronicals should be retitled "Billy Bullshitters" or "Fast Lane Fairytales".

Amen to that, with effing bells on.

Perhaps the spirited driving chronicals should be retitled "Billy Bullshitters" or "Fast Lane Fairytales".

Maybe you should be asking the other question as to why all these 'supercars' dont attend this event - there have only been a couple of GT2 porkas over the years from the 'presitge' brands and as far as I can recall they were plaugued with issues.

Ok I'm up for this. :) I spoke to Gaz At pod on sunday and he's convinced me to come.

All I need now is a place to stay the night before, some cams for my other engine, a quick tune and something that reads and writes to .xls files so I can enter!

Ok I'm up for this. :) I spoke to Gaz At pod on sunday and he's convinced me to come.

All I need now is a place to stay the night before, some cams for my other engine, a quick tune and something that reads and writes to .xls files so I can enter!

well done mate, good meeting you albeit a bit quick;)

Maybe you should be asking the other question as to why all these 'supercars' dont attend this event - there have only been a couple of GT2 porkas over the years from the 'presitge' brands and as far as I can recall they were plaugued with issues.

Because hardly any of the owners even know about TOTB? Believe it or not outside the jap/max power culture the event is unheard of, however you will see plenty of Ferraris, Porsches & Lambos at Vmax- an event that gets a poor showing from jap marques.

Because hardly any of the owners even know about TOTB? Believe it or not outside the jap/max power culture the event is unheard of, however you will see plenty of Ferraris, Porsches & Lambos at Vmax- an event that gets a poor showing from jap marques.

Terminal Velocity was another event that seemed to attract a different group of cars, a few tuned Japanese cars but lots of Porsches, TVRs, Vipers, Ferraris, Mercs and so on...

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/tv2005/

Is there any talk of TOTB on Pistonheads?

Yay! :nana:

-Ian

Max power culture? Is that why you see GT2s, Ultimas and Vipers turning up to it? There were Ferraris in the car park at the event I went to see, back in 2003, and its been on TV numerous times, so I dont buy the ignorance argument at all.

Vmax.. drive fast in a straight line for a couple of miles.. whoop de do. Sounds like an event just designed for supercar owners to have fun in their cars without breaking them.

IMHO track days are where you get the best mix of normal stuff and special stuff and with people actually driving them as intended (mostly). :)

Is there any talk of TOTB on Pistonheads?

Virtually nothing mate. A couple of Vipers and a Porsche 928 that is unlikely to make the noise cut.

Max power culture? Is that why you see GT2s, Ultimas and Vipers turning up to it? There were Ferraris in the car park at the event I went to see, back in 2003, and its been on TV numerous times, so I dont buy the ignorance argument at all.

Vmax.. drive fast in a straight line for a couple of miles.. whoop de do. Sounds like an event just designed for supercar owners to have fun in their cars without breaking them.

IMHO track days are where you get the best mix of normal stuff and special stuff and with people actually driving them as intended (mostly). :)

Vmax was conceived as just that- somewhere you could legaly and safely rag the tits off your car with 39 mates, some timing gear and a rat burger van, with a 1/3 mile standing start then a 1.6 mile rolling drag- so not massively different from the 1/4 and top speed event at TOTB except we don't time the standing start bit as no one really gives a hoot. My snipe was at this forums SC forum - you don't see the Porsche forum claiming to slay something much faster- well you get the odd idiot who claims her Chim 450 beat the shit out of a SL65AMG but that's about it. Anyway, about that BPU slaying a Veyron...

Chris Mann only has payment from Mr Sherwood so far, hurry up folks :)

You can pay by card over the phone if you like. Call 0207 3287357, leave your details for Simon to sort out.

Also, a note from Chris:

"There is an open top speed day at elvington on 8th July, £45 to race. top speed only, bikes and cars, full runway I am told. can you post details up on forum please for them. crash helmet and cash required, pay on day from 8am"

-Ian