The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOTB 2007 - Entries need to be in

Ian C

Ok f*ck it too I'm in now Brian. Will post my cheque and thingy today.

Think I'll use road tyres for the circuit though.

Good good, looks like we have us a last minute team put together! :)

I'll likely be using road tyres for the circuit again, although I will be spending more time on it this time - I was too late with my circuit run last time so it didn't count!

Ian - Good to see you back competing again too. Lets have us some fun with Supra vs. runs rather than caring about the tuner mobs with their skyrines and evos.

Cheers,

Brian.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to formulate a plan to get the cars to the handling course in a big block to keep the EVOs away for a bit, otherwise time just runs out :(

Yep, good call. Maybe scramble for the handling course 1st thing after sign on? Then an hour before close again, with drag and top speed runs in between?

Cheers,

Brian.

Yep, good call. Maybe scramble for the handling course 1st thing after sign on? Then an hour before close again, with drag and top speed runs in between?

That's what I was going to ask the MR2 chaps to do, line the cars up for the handling course as soon as they have been seen by the scrutineers so that they are there when it opens.

Come round again and get another run in and then save the last run (I suspect it will be limited to 3 per car again?) for later in the day.

Obviously the weather could be a factor in all this though.

its always tricky though, you want to be on the drag strip first thing in the morning when the air is cool. Later in the day it can get bloody hot and that doesnt do the turbo performance much good, but has less affect on the handling course which needs nice warm tyres.

If its limited to 3 handling runs this year that should mean the queues will be less.

I wonder if we should also invade the grandstand first thing and reserve some spaces and keep those spaces throughout the day..?

JB

That's what I was going to ask the MR2 chaps to do, line the cars up for the handling course as soon as they have been seen by the scrutineers so that they are there when it opens.

Come round again and get another run in and then save the last run (I suspect it will be limited to 3 per car again?) for later in the day.

Obviously the weather could be a factor in all this though.

I want to hit the handling course as much as I can this year so I like the sound of this :) Get in quick, the 1/4 mile can be done any time.

-Ian

I agree and reckon us and our phat lardy Supras should ALL be aiming for the circuit this year. Apart from Greg B as he has no suspension :D

Spoke to Chris Mann today and he said posted cheques and forms for next week was fine due to the strike. No need for credit cards over the phone today.

Naughty Doug :D

I'm thinking about running a set of Toyo R888's all round on my UK 17's as I think they suit the surface at Elvington well (Gaz did you guys ever get to test them there?) and means I'll have lots of lateral grip on the handling course.

There was something about a special competitors supply of these at cheapo prices wasnt there? Anyone any idea how much for a set of 4 standard sizes and who the supplier was?

Cheers,

Brian.

Hi Brian,

Not managed to try yet - they don't have many RWYB dates there this year, and none that we could attend due to other commitments. The top speed day would have been ideal but they are not setting up for 1/4's so we've got no idea how good they are!

Gaz.

Naughty Doug :D

I'm thinking about running a set of Toyo R888's all round on my UK 17's as I think they suit the surface at Elvington well (Gaz did you guys ever get to test them there?) and means I'll have lots of lateral grip on the handling course.

There was something about a special competitors supply of these at cheapo prices wasnt there? Anyone any idea how much for a set of 4 standard sizes and who the supplier was?

Cheers,

Brian.

We are using TOYO R888s they gave better grip at Elvington than at POD, did a better time at Elvington on a damp track than at POD on a dry surface. Don't know if they are as good as the drag radials on the 1/4 but should be spot on for the 1 mile and handling.

We are using TOYO R888s they gave better grip at Elvington than at POD, did a better time at Elvington on a damp track than at POD on a dry surface. Don't know if they are as good as the drag radials on the 1/4 but should be spot on for the 1 mile and handling.

That'll do then, we'll give them a shot :)

Thanks Steve - sounds pricey for 18's, wonder what the deal price was for TOTB competitors - I remember something being posted about special Toyo direct supply as a competitive series?

Cheers,

Brian.

I'll give them a call on Monday Brian to see what the deal is like. What size are you after?

Gaz.

Thanks Gaz - looking for standard sizes for the UK 17's so:

235/45-17 Front

255/40-17 Rear

Or around those sizes that will still fit if price is similar, maybe a little extra width on the rears - for example I run 275 width BFGs.

Cheers,

Brian.