Is the Supra a CHAV car?

Guest hurricaneX75

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I once got asked by an old lady if my car was a Mercedes?!?!?!When i told her it was a toyota she looked discusted lol.I got big cheers as i "accidentaly" went sideways past the courthouse in aberdeen:d when all the chavs were out having a fag break.I dont think iv ever had a negative comment about my supe.

I dont think the supra will ever be a chav motor as said before they could never afford the running costs etc and chav mentality would prob rather spend 3k on a veilside kitted corsa or 106.

I think it can be to a certain extent but so can any modified car with a loud exhaust and bits of plastic stuck all over it. It’s not just the price, a car like a sierra cosworth to me is the biggest chav car ever. But in general the cars ‘Chavs’ are driving these days are much better and normally things like standard looking civic type R’s which hardly scream chav.

Skinny wheels on the back which looked like cheap shite-wrong offsets ,the wheels were the same width on the back as they were on the front.

If it was an NA, they are supposed to be like that. 225/50's all round.

Look at this abomination thats being laughed at over on the sxoc:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-AERO-TOP-1996-RARE-AND-STUNNING-CAR_W0QQitemZ230134830625QQihZ013QQcategoryZ18290QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can see why we get a bad name eh?

Thats the only reason one could ever be called a chav car IMO! as standard they look pretty normal, no more chav than any other jap sports car of the era.

Although the supra is a bit of a chav icon of worship, but not as much as the skyline

'isit a GTR mate? twin turbo innit well easy to get a faazand brake aht of that mate'

or the subaru impreza

'yeah is basically a rally car on the road innit mate does 0-60 in abaaat three seconds and is quicker than a cossie innit'

T.F.A.T.F. movie did us no favours :D

Luckily I will never have the chav thing, as most of my cars end up looking like something out of mad max, which I like as people hear a loud exhaust, look round expecting to see a tarty car and then thier face changes to a look of confusion...

I've never had a negative comment, the most people that comment are kids shouting "nice motor big man!".

Scoobies have become a chav chariot imo due to people putting stupid chrome wheels and lexus lights on them, but thankfully supras are a lot rarer and mostly escape this treatment!

i had "flash git!" muttered at my by some random woman waiting at the side of a junction the other day, didnt think it was really called for as id slowley driven up to the junction and sat there waiting.

Its envy mostly i think....

Not had chav yet. A few jealous shouts of dick head and the like. Get that whatever im driving though ;) . Anyone who thinks a supra is a chavs car is uneducated and know not what they say. Its a wonderfull car to look at and drive. My boss is a protensious toff and he loves it.:)

Look at this abomination thats being laughed at over on the sxoc:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-AERO-TOP-1996-RARE-AND-STUNNING-CAR_W0QQitemZ230134830625QQihZ013QQcategoryZ18290QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can see why we get a bad name eh?

Eughhh!!! (cue puking smilie) I was going to say it just needs de-stickering until I checked out the cabin pics :shock: looks like a very messy murder took place in there :blink:

As for the chav label, its as much about mentality as the physical appearance. I've seen totally standard corsa's driven by guys that are obviously complete knob ends and would call them chavs. I think the Supra is too sleek a beast to ever be called a chav car, regardless of the occasional monstrosity that crops up. I get viscous looks from male and female, young and old but only sometimes. Most common is long stares, positive comments and people whipping out their phone cams to take pics :D

At least we know quality when we see it :p

Lx

only negative comment....

quote from a MG ZR driver "Still driving that L Regi"

My response..."M8, my ecu's worth more than your car"

His response..."Whats an ecu then"

WTF?!

Haha I love that, 'new car must be better' attitude. 'got to have the latest rego' etc.

Most new cars are w*nk. if its not a monaro or BMW its probably going to be FWD and look like an MPV, so people like that can swivel! :D