The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is the Supra a CHAV car?

Guest hurricaneX75

And that would be my point, To your average person in the street who see's a shopping list down the side of a Supra, they will automatically associate it with all the chavvy little saxo's and corsa's that have them on, making the Supra a chav car. (in their eyes at least)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I don't think the Supra is a chav car.

Yeah, That
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

I'd have to agree - some people thought mine looked chavy with a TS Carbon bonnet! graphics look great on tracks and at shows but on the street, people would just think 'why has he stuck stickers on it?'

Unless it''s Matt's Trial, in which case they're prob saying 'what the hell is that race car doing on the road?' :)

Supra's are not Chav mobiles - they are too expensive to buy, insure and run for your run of the mill Chav - but any car can be chavvd up with enough cash and an absence of taste :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never been called Chav, but I have had several people comment that I don't look like your typical Supra owner... (I have long hair) :rolleyes:

mm, interesting...:think: thats worth another thread 'how would you describe the appearance of a typical supra owner' ;)

L

I've come to the conclusion that there are two main types of Supra owner...

Pie eating beer monsters with shaved heads.

and

Trendy skinny poser types..

the rest of us are currently in transition to one or the other ;)

Hahahaha so true! Apart from me, I'm probably closer to the second, but I'm about as trendy as a flock of seagulls haircut, and not skinny or built really.

Still perhaps we're being unfair, I mean when some people on here do burnouts and drifting they are applauded as awesome. :shrug:

I dunno about burnouts, (there is a time and a place, but popping a burnout isn't the hardest thing to do) but please don't associate drifting with chavs! :(

Its bad enough already, you get bellends buying shitty S13's and BMW 325i's who then go and blatantly drive like penii on public roads in the most blatant of places, its rare but it gives actual drifters a bad name because these people are too thick to make an accurate judgement about what is the CORRECT time and a place, the only saving grace is this works both ways, and they usually stack it and go back to driving a crappy shopping cart again.

I dunno about burnouts, (there is a time and a place, but popping a burnout isn't the hardest thing to do) but please don't associate drifting with chavs! :(

I guess I should have been a bit more accurate with my drifting comment, but you summed up what I was getting at with the S13/BMW comment. Pro drifters are obviously skilled and have my respect. :)

My initial comment on chavvy things was also based from a non-supra owner point of view, an 'average joe' if you will.

My personal view (regardless of car) is that people doing burnouts and dougnuts are chavs. As for shopping lists, well I agree some can look nice when done well, but others can be absolutely shocking (somone posted a link to a silver n/a targa top supra recently that was stickered to death!).

On a whole, I don't think a Supra is a chavvy car, but do think that some people have that opinion (anyone not into cars who has watched 2F2F for example) :)