The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Combined NW and Wales Pancakes - Previous Meets

garetheves

Pancake options  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Pancake options

• Meet at Ponderosa cafe mid morning and follow as similar run as last time.
    • Meet somewhere near the A55, shorter run then on to the pancake house.
    • Go straight to the pancake house and take it from there.
    • I dont like pancakes.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will we be stopping at certain places for photo's?? I would like a few scenic shots of the car with a decent camera this time......:rolleyes:

H.

Certainly will be doing mate, thats part of the reason im organising it. Im bring my DSLR and tripod with plenty of memory so if you want me to, or you to, take some pics of your car as well i will and then send you the pics.

What time will you be arriving in Bala? Its only 45 mins from mine.

Id guess, and it is only a guess im afraid, some time around half 12. We are meeting at the ponderosa at 11am and i reckon about an hour or so stop for food and chin wag, before the roughly half hour trip to Bala.

How far are you from the Ponderosa because it may be easier to meet us there rather than when at Bala.

Certainly will be doing mate, thats part of the reason im organising it. Im bring my DSLR and tripod with plenty of memory so if you want me to, or you to, take some pics of your car as well i will and then send you the pics.

I can sense some calendar '09 shots being created aleady!

Id guess, and it is only a guess im afraid, some time around half 12. We are meeting at the ponderosa at 11am and i reckon about an hour or so stop for food and chin wag, before the roughly half hour trip to Bala.

How far are you from the Ponderosa because it may be easier to meet us there rather than when at Bala.

Not sure to be honest. I'll have a look in a bit and let you know. It would be nice to meet before hand so if its near enough I'll do that. Im traveling up wales from welshpool way.

Not sure to be honest. I'll have a look in a bit and let you know. It would be nice to meet before hand so if its near enough I'll do that. Im traveling up wales from welshpool way.

Let me know what you want to do. If you want to meet up en-route then that is fine we can meet you at Bala, all im thinking is we cant really give an exact time and so may be easier to meet at the Ponderosa if you could make it there.

Yeh, I'll let you know Gareth. I think a couple more from near me will be coming now (magictourch, G-nemie and Cadburys Puple and maybe one other). So will be convoying with them, I'll see wha they think. If we dont meet you before getting to Bala no worries we'll be around:) I'll make sure the add their names on the calender if they are coming.

Yeh, I'll let you know Gareth. I think a couple more from near me will be coming now (magictourch, G-nemie and Cadburys Puple and maybe one other). So will be convoying with them, I'll see wha they think. If we dont meet you before getting to Bala no worries we'll be around:) I'll make sure the add their names on the calender if they are coming.

Nice one :thumbs:

As luck would have it I'm on my way to Prestatyn this day so it's looking more promising that I'll make it, even if not for the whole day.

Are there any confirmed plans/times?

Which way will you be traveeling Pete. Jamie (G-nemie) might come and 2 or 3 of us will be going from welshpool/oswestry way.

Ok me, Ian and Paul came up with a route and also some more accurate times the other night over a pint of Bulmers. We are hoping the day plans out something like this:

1st meet - Mascrat Manor

Car park at 8:00am. Aiming to leave no later than 8:30pm. Anyone from North of Wigan fancy meeting a little bit ealier than this then i will be at the BP garage at J27 of the M6 at about 7:45am.

Follow M6 and M56 to Chester Services.

2nd Meet - Chester Services

Junction 14 of the M56. Will be arriving there at 9:00am and aiming to leave at 9:30am.

End of M56, follow A5117 onto the A550.

At Queensferry continue on A550 then onto the A5104 at Rhos-y-brwyner.

Follow this all the way to the A542 and take that to Horseshow Pass

3rd Meet - Ponderosa Cafe

Aiming to arrive at 11:00am. Im hoping to make this the main meet spot where the NW lot will meet the Wales lot. Get a bit of lunch and then head out on the main drive. But if more convenient then people can meet us at Bala Lake. Leave around 12:00.

Follow the Horseshoe pass south to the A5. Take this West to Druid.

Then take the A494 South to Bala.

4th Stop/Meet - Bala Lake

Aim to arrive at 1:00pm. Just after you drive through Bala itself there is a little road towards the lake, there is an information centre and Watersports centre so it is pretty well signposted and easy to find. Leave 1:30pm

Continueon the A454 intil we get to Dolgellau. Now at this point we have a choice of 2 routes which we will decide on the day. We can either go to Barmouth and take the coast road up, or follow the A470 all the way up to Betws-y-Coed.

5th Stop - Betws-y-Coed

Arrive 3:30pm with a view to leave at 4:00pm.

Leaving, take the B5106 up towards a small place called Rowen which im assured (By Havard) sell the best pancakes ever.

6th Stop - Rowen Pancake house

Arrive 4:30pm, leave 5:30pm

Continue along the B5106 to Conwyn and join the A55 to Colwyn Bay

7th Stop - Colwyn Bay

Arrive 6:00pm and stay until whenever. This will be the last arranged stop and we felt a good point for everyone to head their seperate ways. Us Northwesterners will all head along the A55 back to the M56, the South Wales lot can head back South etc etc. We will try and find a place on the front where we can all park up.

This route and the times are not set in stone and things may change on the day but at least we have a rough idea of whats happening now.

Obviously there will be plenty of chances to stop along to route if someone wants a decent picture. Im bring my DSLR and Tripod and will happily take pictures for anyone and email them when i get back.

The link below is an updated map of the route, complete with the stop locations and times. You can zoom in and drag the map around to get an idea of the route.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&om=1&msid=112378262498138210538.00000113506885f3bbbe0&ll=53.049469,-3.370056&spn=0.505219,1.2854&z=10

So i think all that is left is to get a show of names of people attending and where we are all meeting up so ill start the list. Just add your name to the relevant meet place. Ill pm everyone on the list my mob number the night before so that people can contact me in case of emergency.

Mascrat Manor - 8:00am

1. Garetheves

Chester Services - 9:00am

Ponderosa Cafe - 11:00am

Bala Lake - 1:00pm

"A550 then onto the A5104 at Rhos-y-brwyner"

Where's Rhos-y-brwyner?! I can't find it on the map and I've never heard of it!

Edit: Nevermind, just read your complete post! Seen the map and you're going the way I thought!

Martin and I could probably meet you at Penyffordd Station car park. It's shortly after the A550 and the A5104 meet. You turn right, and the car park is on the right before you go underneath the railway bridge down the hill.

I'm actually quite excited about this now...and still a week to go!

"A550 then onto the A5104 at Rhos-y-brwyner"

Where's Rhos-y-brwyner?! I can't find it on the map and I've never heard of it!

Edit: Nevermind, just read your complete post! Seen the map and you're going the way I thought!

Martin and I could probably meet you at Penyffordd Station car park. It's shortly after the A550 and the A5104 meet. You turn right, and the car park is on the right before you go underneath the railway bridge down the hill.

I'm actually quite excited about this now...and still a week to go!

Im sure we could stop for 2-3 mins to meet you at the Train Station. :)

:D:d Looking forward to this providing i survive the Go Karting on Friday night :blink: LOL

1. Garetheves

2. Shytot ( Ian )

1. Garetheves

2. Shytot ( Ian )

1. hoff (Adam)

I am not on the list Gaz as I will join you at your house at 7.30 ish!! A wake up text may be in order though....;)

H.

Ill put you down on the Mascrat list just for the sake of numbers but yeah come to mine for about 7:30 :eek:

1. Garetheves

2. Shytot ( Ian )

3. Havard (Paul)

1. hoff

Im sure we could stop for 2-3 mins to meet you at the Train Station. :)

Awesome. I'm sure we could get there for about 9.45 so that you're not kept waiting for us

1. Garetheves

2. Shytot ( Ian )

3. Havard (Paul)

Station Stop-off

1.juanchan

2.MPryde?

1. hoff

1. Garetheves

2. Shytot ( Ian )

3. Havard (Paul)

Station Stop-off

1.juanchan

2.MPryde?

1.Chenco9 (and presumably most of the S.Wales lot)

1. hoff