The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Combined NW and Wales Pancakes - Previous Meets

garetheves

Pancake options  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Pancake options

• Meet at Ponderosa cafe mid morning and follow as similar run as last time.
    • Meet somewhere near the A55, shorter run then on to the pancake house.
    • Go straight to the pancake house and take it from there.
    • I dont like pancakes.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weather forecast for Wales just had the severest rain tomorrow as being over Snowdonia :rolleyes:

I think they're being over cautious so if it is that bad, the public won't moan at them for not predicting it.

Hell I live in wales (just) and I dont know anyone who can spell place names (or speak the language).

I lived just in Wales until going to uni, yet I can barely pronounce/spell any Welsh words. I can count, say good day, and I know the word for butterfly. Random I know, but it's just stuck in my mind!

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

And i thought you knew me!!! Tut tut tut!

How'd you pronounce the middle bit? I can get up to -gogerych-, and I can get from -llantysiliog- to the end, but the middle bit only has one vowel!!

Just gettin stuff together for this now. Will see the NW lot bright and early at Mascrat at 8am. Paul dont forget you are getting to mine for quarter to.

No probs!!

Don't know what Alan999 is doing though?? :search:

H.

Had a great day today, right laugh! :p Good to meet some new people and see some of the regular ugly mugs again. :D

Not a bad turn out with the weather being so bad aswell.

I'll post some pics up tomorrow as im well fooked now, so Im off to bed. ( after I have found some pics to use on Photoshop :eyebrows: )

Well, 310 miles and over 14 1/2 hours later im home. Despite the weather i had a class day, really enjoyed what might turn out to be my last major outing in the supra :( The weather was shocking in parts but it really didnt spoil it for me, admittedly the scenery would have been better but hey cant have everything.

Cheers to everyone that came along and i think especially to Chenco who, despite the weather, drove all the way from Cardiff on his own to meet us at the Ponderosa and then come with us on the trek around North Wales, including all the wrong directions and U-Turns. :trophy:

Ive got far too many pictures to post up or email to people so what ill do is zip them up and upload them somewhere, then ill send the link to everyone that came. Anyone who wants the photos can download them all and then just sort through the lot and pick out the ones you want to keep. I may post a select few up on here though. Someone should start a picture thread in the multimedia section. I might get chance later if ive not passed out. Need a beer me thinks :friday:

:D:D Fantastic day guys very very good turn out considering the weather :blink: great to see some new faces joining the usual suspects, I think Rich,s ( juanchan ) mum and dad enjoyed our "visit" and the dog too !! well vocal :cool: ace dog !

we had a short "spirited" drive over to the Ponderosa Cafe "in the clouds !! " and an exellent breakfast was had by all where Pete, Hoff, Cadburys Purple and Steve Marsh joined us there, then onto Bala lake via a very very small "Unplanned :innocent: ) road but hey we did make some kids day watching us come past LOL ...for a short stop yes in the rain again LOL,

then the run upto Betws-y-Coed was eventful :blink:for Road works, Gravel roads ( i think theres some paint left on the underneath of the soop !! ) oncoming Police cars ( Gaz ) and stuck behind a que of cars following a Coach on the best bit of road !! aaargh ! :innocent:........followed by a refreshing scoop in a Pub in B-y-Coed

then a slight deture to the Crazy Pancake house in Rowen for an exellent meal of yes you guessed Pancakes !! well worth it tho !! ...........and does anybody Know if Gaz likes Maple syrup ???? :innocent::p

then over to Abergele and met up with Ivan and Gareth Silvermachine

Then Homeward bound ........did it put some rain down on the M56 or what !!

Well done and :respekt: to Mike ( Chenco9 ) for coming all the way from Cardiff that was some round trip !!

Had a great day 270 klms covered must do it again ;) even the weather didnt spoil the day

Cheers

Ian

That pancake place didnt live up the expectations that Paul put on it though ;) Even though i did manage to polish off 2 larges ones and nearly drink the rest of the maple syrup. :D

Oh?? Do you like maple syrup Gaz??:shock:

H.

It was good to meet some of you NW/Wales guys today, and yet more respect to Mike for the solo effort day-trip from South Wales.

Fantastic day out, even though the weather let the side down. That said, the bad weather probably saved me about half a tank of fuel since we weren't booting it everywhere!

Sorry I buggered off from the convoy home - I was already 2 hours later getting back than I said I would be!

I've got some of my Dads photos here, but they're about 4 meg each. The software my parents have sucks to say the least, but I'll try and shrink them without losing too much definition in a bit!

I think you'll all be welcome for a cuppa next time I'm up North! And the dog's always been that mad. You'd never guess that in human terms he'd be about 50!

Sods law im sat rading this and the sun is shining outside and blue sky!

The worst part of the day for me was the pancake house, lesson 1 never listen to H's recommendations again :p

Had a good laugh on the way home about the women that nearly took the front end of my sup, Alan I think you gave her more abuse than I did!?

Great day lads, lets not make it too long before we do something similar? Perhaps to christem matts new car - down that same road me thinks :blink:

Gaz surley thats made you think about pulling the sale?

Love those pics Gaz!!

Thanks a lot. Cav is quite a good photographer!!

H.

Ive got loads more mate, some very good ones of your car. Ill put them on DVD and bob them round at some point. Struggling to find a way of hosting 3gig of pictures on the net so that everyone can download them so may just have to bung them on dvds instead.

He took the motion ones, i took all the stationary ones. He is pretty good at leaning out a car window and getting a good snap.

That's what I meant......;) Obviously you would have done a better job if you weren't driving.......:innocent:

H.