The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Combined NW and Wales Pancakes - Previous Meets

garetheves

Pancake options  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Pancake options

• Meet at Ponderosa cafe mid morning and follow as similar run as last time.
    • Meet somewhere near the A55, shorter run then on to the pancake house.
    • Go straight to the pancake house and take it from there.
    • I dont like pancakes.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could be tempted to roadtrip up north for this, seeing as it looks like there's going to be loads of you guys turning up. I'll add myself to the calendar if I decide for definite I can get up north.

Bloody hell!! That will be a road trip mate.......:blink: I thought the northern lads would clock up silly miles but you'd be in a league of your own.....:D

H.

Ok, following a browse of the map over a few pints at our mini meet the other night we have come up with a rough itiniery and route for the day. This isnt set in stone so if anyone has any suggestions then shout em out.

Because everyone is coming from different areas we have proposed 2 initial meets to get the convoy together.

1. 8:00am - BP garage J27 of M6 - Standish. Leave around 8:30.

2. 9:30am - Chester services at the end of the M56. This is point 1 on the map below.

From here we will all head down to the Ponderosa Cafe complex (as recommended by Ian :) ) and hopefully meet the Wales lot there at 11:00am.

http://www.ponderosacafe.co.uk/ Postcodes and stuff can be found on that site.

Have a bite to eat and general chat in the cafe before heading off on a decent drive.

From Ponderosa, head to Bala Lake, possible stop there briefly before heading for Barmouth on the coast.

Follow the coast road (A496) up and eventually cut inland and head to Betws-Y-Coed. Will try and find somewhere to stop for a bit there although the roads are narrow so not sure if we will manage or not.

At this point not quite sure what is best. I reckon for us NW folk it would be best to head North to Colwyn Bay and then follow the A55 back across to Chester Services and head home that way. It may be easier for the crew from Wales to leave us at this point and head their own way home. Will leave it up to them.

From my experience the other week in Wales, once there, there arent many places (in fact i didnt spot one) that stocked Super Unleaded fuel so make sure you fill up before and possibily best to top up around Chester "just in case"

How does that sound to everyone?? Ive done a very rough map on google maps, which the link for should hopefully should be below all this text (fingers crossed).

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&om=1&msid=112378262498138210538.00000112e996ed08b9e9d&ll=53.307903,-3.548584&spn=0.502185,1.2854&z=10