The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2007 discussion (post all discussions in here please)

Branners

I had a right job keeping up with Mad Simon B. ;)

I gave you a head start by stopping to fill up with petrol too... ;) The weather was really bad on the M3 though. I very much liked the gorgeous blonde driving the Ferrari though, dunno if you spotted her. ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne, don't know if you spotted my reply earlier, but Lin says don't bother getting the JD, give the cash to Paul to add to the raffle money instead.

(She wouldn't mind an air freshener though. :) )

No worries Ivan, mate I'll send a cheque to Paul and if u can PM me ur add I'll pop them in the post. Cheers mate :D

had a great time..............

Special thanks go to...........

S7EVE for the chance to actually go.

Paul E for setting it all up but particularly helping me out first thing saturday morning.

Everyone who tried (mostly in vain!) to let me know my rear wiper had flipped up!

John and Jerry for the tools to trim said wiper down to size.....

Wayne for insulting the GF ;) and leaving me with the bunk beds :rolleyes: but hat or no hat who can risk arguing with oddjob :)

and lastly to the French in general, both the car enthusiasts and the general public. It was my first time driving over there and the general response (bar the earbashing Pig got in the square) was just something you wouldn't see for any cars over here IMO. Young and old the response was positive, even from the cyclists and horse riders we encountered..........

Just got back after fetching the kids from the mother-in-laws in Brighton. Brilliant weekend, over 1000miles in 4 days and the supe never missed a beat. Nice to meet you all and put a few faces to names. When's the list going up for next year:D

Just got back after fetching the kids from the mother-in-laws in Brighton. Brilliant weekend, over 1000miles in 4 days and the supe never missed a beat. Nice to meet you all and put a few faces to names. When's the list going up for next year:D

1000miles:blink:

Rich had to go to Brighton, and back to the West Mids, then down to Ashford on the Friday due to 'unforseen circumstances' :)

We probably only covered 300 miles on the Dragonball itself. ;)

I'm sure my missus appreciates the discrete approach but the dozy cow forgot her passport.:(

She took the kids down to brighton in her car on Thursday, and i was going to pick her up and meet up at ashford on friday.

I had driven from Birminham to junc 12 of the M25 when she phoned me to give me the good news, so I had to turn round and drive back to birmingham, get her passport, then drive back to brighton, pick her up and drive to ashford - 525 miles and 2 tanks of fuel on Friday:blink:

Strated off with PDiddy, mechanic pulling a wobbly and not turning up to fix his motor so he was wit out a car for the whole wkend. So he ended up sneaking a cheeky lift at 7am to Clacketts services to meet up wit the rest of the gang.

But while the rest ws at Clacketts, I was too busy in bed catching up on much loved beauty sleep. I blame Lui personally for not making enough of an effort to wake me up!! :p

So 7:45am, I was faced with a Herculean of a task, to get from Clapham, to the Tunnel (80 miles) in less than an hr. :( It was Lunacy Driving off the scale! I managed to make it to the Tunnel wit 8 mins to spear be4 Check-in Closed!! :D

Then security wanted to hav a bit of a noise under my bonnet and a bit of a chin wag. Cut the story shot I was the 2nd but 1 car to board the train. SO just made it...phhhh :D

So I was home & dry, only thing on my mind was I went though a speed camera in a 40 doing 60, but it didn’t flash!! :(

A chance to get my breath back and take the piss out of Mas, Pdiddy, SilverSupe & Mr Lover. But I forgot Mas was on form and was having none of it and gunned me down sooo bad!!! ;)

Then we arrive into France, the others race away, me being last on, was last off, so missed the lot of them. Came to a roundabout, not knowing where I ws going let along where I was, was faced with a round about, sighed posted Belgium left or Paris right!! :(

The common sense choice is to go towards Paris as is more main land France. But decided it was best to pull over and have a chin wag with some Dutch & German lorry drivers, as they were my only salvation. The conversation centered on how fast my car was & BHP rather then if they had seen any Supras. :( Few quick calls later and was one route.

Then the car sounded a bit rough on the motor way, a little miss fire, pulled into the services and met up wit the others. The problem had cured its self, and I was on route! Wohaaa :)

Unlike Mr Lui, who felt it fit to do rolley polley under his car, with the car wedged on top of his enormous belly. :p

He ws having a rough day with his Intercooler pipe playing havoc. But then he rem, he had taken out 5* Fully Comprehensive European Roadside Cover with Henk Recovery Ltd. 2 attempts later and it was all sorted, until Lui decided to do a U turn down some French county lane and ended up driving on the left hand side of the road (wrong side). He shi*ted up the locals who thought he wanted to play chicken. LOL :D

We arrived to the Eco village, and it was just laughs all the way till 3am. Several pints later, and with the sun shining, I decided that may car was far too dirty, specially when it was parked in between Lui & Henk shiny motors. So I attempted to wash my car, however feeling a little tipsy, and with many of my fellow Dragonballers giving me lots of assistance by pointing out areas that I missed as well as hurling abuse at me, I did a very poor job of it. :( Dinner wz great if u exclude the main course, which by the sounds of it I think many skipped it completely. Then the raffle, rigged again!! One person won 4 prizes and I won nothing! :( But we managed to raise over £1k which was great. We spend the rest of the night playing drinking games, some one thought I looked like Elton John, but then some tipsey bird rekon I looked more like Odd Job, and that stuck wit me all nit! I don't think I'll ever be able live this down for the rest of time. Pig in comparison, got off lightly with Leonardo Decaprio, while JSpec Germany, was Tom Cruise, his lovely lady friend was Pamela Anderson, Mas had it easy with Ben Afleck, Mr Lover got the Rock, Silversupe got Michael Flatley. I guess I got dealt the short straw with Odd Job. :(

Then YamYam started, wz sooo funny dropping the word YamYam into a conversation wit out the other noticing. Pig did a fab job speaking to the French locals with Yam & YamYam in every sentence. Some how I don't think they even understand a word of his French let along him dropping YamYam! :p

Following day, if my time keep was poor, Pidddy was off the scale. Only Paul Evans could wake sleeping beauty. :D Some one was a busy boy the nit be4! :p

Took lots of pics & it was a nice cruise down to the beach. Every one was feeling rough, Lui's cheeks looked a bit sun burnt. LOL Or was that his other half giving him a few slaps the nit be4? LOL :D

Down at the beach, I managed to sneak the title of Donut King off Rush, with doing a turn in the road style donut. LOL :D

The weekend was one of the best I’ve had in ages. A lot of planning so huge thanks Paul and the team. I’m left wit lots of great memories, a year is too long to wait for the next one, we gotta do another road trip, be4 the end of summer.

Thanks to every one, for keeping the spirit alive. :D

A chance to get my breath back and take the piss out of Mas, Pdiddy, SilverSupe & Mr Lover. But I forgot Mas was on form and was having none of it and gunned me down until too bad!!!

:lol:

you know we love you, Odd job ! wouldn't be the same without the man himself ODD JOB :D

I was ready to launch it through the window but having that dirty bird giving directons all the way home kept us laughing!! :D

Good work, you'll need to record some of her dirty expressions and get em up here matey :)

Rich, without me you would of still been in France mate! :tongue:

LMAO. Great right up OddJob. I couldn't have done better. I'm in tears and the misses is still gigglin after I read it out loud. How about that anorexic bar boy and his lime green rugby club shirt?!?! LOL. NOBODY's talked about Pete and the wee comin out yet.

Mate I was giggling as I went to sleep last nit :rlol:

Anyone else want a wee every time they think about going tomorrow or is it just me?

LOL :rlol:

Following day, if my time keep was poor, Pidddy was off the scale. Only Paul Evans could wake sleeping beauty. :D :p

Odd Job :rlol:

Great write up geezer

Paul E once again THANK U for the weekender and also for the little wake up call:D

Cheers mate, I forgot to add in there ur doddgy wooden leg walk in the services & ur half hearted attempt to wash ur motor in the rain on Sunday. :D

:rolleyes: :innocent: I even asked him what he'd done in my innocence. :innocent: :rolleyes:

Then realised where he and a few others had parked... :eyebrows: :eyebrows: