The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Satin Black....is done!

rik

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that does look really good.. i think it does need a bit of a kit on to complete it though.. and definately some new wheels. its gonna be hard to choose the right wheels to match the paint though so should be fun :D

that does look really good.. i think it does need a bit of a kit on to complete it though.. and definately some new wheels. its gonna be hard to choose the right wheels to match the paint though so should be fun :D

Only thing i've seen that i really like for it would be Rota GTRs, probably in gloss black :cool:

Only thing i've seen that i really like for it would be Rota GTRs, probably in gloss black :cool:

hmm not sure about gloss black.. think it will stand out too much from the paint job. you could colour code :cool:

i like it, whats it like to keep clean ?

:iagree:

Kinda reminds me of the Rat Rods(hope the names right) that they run in the states. They keep the colours/finish to a minimum and concentrate on the tuning and actually driving the cars.

By the above I'm not saying you haven't spent loads of time money and effort on it just that it reminds me of these. As suggested slap a low aggresive kit on it and I think it would look even more menacing roaring up behind you and then disapearing into the distance. (as is the Supra way)

Take my hat off to ya for being different.

I'm undecided if I like it or not - but i think the fact it still looks stock is putting me off it - get a kit and wheels on and i think it could look awesome :)

But that's because I'm not a fan of the stock look.

Well done! :)

:iagree:

By the above I'm not saying you haven't spent loads of time money and effort on it just that it reminds me of these. As suggested slap a low aggresive kit on it and I think it would look even more menacing roaring up behind you and then disapearing into the distance. (as is the Supra way)

Effort, yes....Lots. All work carried out by ME. Money spent...minimal, for same reason. :D

I like it a lot, well done mate. If it was mine I'd whack in an awesome cage (matt black of course), and get the car sitting as low as possible. Keep those wheels too or if you change them, have the same finish done - no shiny stuff anywhere - total black out. Maybe some wraparound race seats too, hmmmm. Nicely done. Kinda ratty, but it looks like it's meant to be driven now.

Oh yeah, remember seeing a Hugo Boss paper bag once that was matt black with gloss black Hugo logo - looked awesome. Maybe some subtle gloss black graphics - you'd hardly notice them, but it you were going for gloss black wheels it might help and also be reasonably cost effective.

Love it! Can't wait to show my mate Weeman, whenever I go to one of his vdub shows I head straight for the rat looks. Always been fascinated with the down played exterior and the awesome machines that lurk beneath. Well done Rik :respekt: