The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Satin Black....is done!

rik

It aint my taste,but hats off to Rik,for trying it,the thing is if that car was under the shiny lights of a body shop everyone would be loving it!...but its totally different effect when it out on the street...its like some of these custom paints etc look amazing when they in magazines splashed with lights...but when you see them close up they look like shit.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks cool mate a nice sleeper ;) now get it to BPU

Lol. all in good time ;)

As for lowering it, it's pretty damn low already. Don't know what springs they are but they're not stock. If it had bigger wheels they would probably fill the arches a bit, but there's sod all clearance underneath.

Guest StevenSheen

Would have to see that in person I think..I get the general idea, in the pics it looks like its been done with halfords spray cans though...something tells me it wouldnt look like that in the flesh though.

Would have to see that in person I think..I get the general idea, in the pics it looks like its been done with halfords spray cans though...something tells me it wouldnt look like that in the flesh though.

Yeah, i went and f***ed it up by putting wax on it, made it go cloudy. I wanted to try something on it to do what i could to protect the paint from bird crap etc. Wasn't sure how wax would work on satin paint so tried it on a small are and it looked ok. Obviously didn't look so good once i'd done the whole car :(

See in this pic before, it's ok. Hopefully i can sort it out.

CIMG3191.JPG

Hey Rik,

I sprayed the stock rims on my supra satin black but decided to leave the centres off as I think it looks better this way. Have a look at my garage, I think there is a picture of how they look now in there.

I think your car looks great and if your'e happy with it that's the main thing.

Cheers guys, i really didn't expect so many people to like it that much. Thought it was just me :D

Jim, i'll be at a few shows and pod through the summer so maybe we'll bump into each other.

I've got another set of wheels that were on the car when i got it, maybe i'll give them a blast of black and see how they look :cool: I'm keeping hold of them so i can pop the tyres at some point :D

I like it much more in the 2nd pic you posted...defo need to do something with the wheels though.

It's that F-off numberplate that ruins it. Looked great without it.

As for the wheels, maybe they'll get knicked soon, then i'll have to sort something :)

MMMM really not liking that look myself. Basically no offence meant but it looks exactly like the panels all come in black primer. As it stands it looks like a car thats waiting to have its colour coat applied. It also shows up any imperfections in the cars bodywork alot more than gloss finishes do. Most of the yank cars you see with this finish have something extra on them like matt flourescent green for instance so that it looks like the finish is a finish not a bad start.

Don't get me wrong its not Efmic bad but as a style not one I think will take off.

Nice one, dude. That looks well. Black on black would have been my choice for a respray if I hadn't have had the money to get the shiny paint job. I'm a great fan of matt black stuff.

I agree with some of the others on here - a different front end (pointier & more evil-looking, perhaps) and coded wheels would look fantastic.

All you need now is a skull gear knob & a chain-link steering wheel...okay, maybe not.

Wonder what it'd look like with bigger rear wheels & the arse-end jacked up...

Damn, I've got my Mad Max head on now.

looks excellent mate, well done :)

a point about the no. plate, iirc the penalty for having an incorrectly sized plate is actually worse than no plate at all so just keep your huge plate in the boot :)